Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: broncos x-factor

Post broncos x-factor

IVE BEEN A BRONCOS FAN SINCE THE BEGINNING. First off we had two o line Allstate go out in the preseason. Even thou the fill ins did a great job, it still weighs us down as to being 100% ready. What really Tore us in the sb game was our time of possession. Our d was tired and as a truly Seattle d was fresh practically every play. Also we need to utilize our big recievers more. Like Thomas and tavarius could maybe take a couple of snaps lined up in backfield. To be frank we should and need to be a Little less predictable. Manning is a magician when it comes to reading D's but eventually some team is going to find a solution. Also the cold weather In NY didn't sway as a positive for Manning who haw a well below 500 mark when playingin the Cold

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Who's Tavarius?
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Is the beginning like, 2012?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    Who's Tavarius?
    Presumably Tavarius Thomas, and Dermaris Jackson is backing up Wilson.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

By the beard of Zeus..

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

wat

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    wat
    In Elway We Trust

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Default broncos x-factor

Hell yeah

12. The Following User High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Absolutely.

Demaryius and Julius thomas

Also the beginning. I meant the era of the three amigos, atwater, Bobby humphries, Karl mecklnburg(sp). What I'm saying is the first half of the season was smooth and effortless for the broncos. And their. Numbers stood tall throughout the season however they begin having more drives frequently stop. A great example would be the game against ne last year. We were up 24 to 3. Just as depressing as the Superbowl if not more, Manning not only couldn't put a drive together, we couldn't. Even get a first down. Granted the wind issue but still......even though the records we set offensively were unbelievable, more action and contribution in the backfield will balance our o and strengthen our pass

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by crazbarker View Post
    Also the beginning. I meant the era of the three amigos, atwater, Bobby humphries, Karl mecklnburg(sp). What I'm saying is the first half of the season was smooth and effortless for the broncos. And their. Numbers stood tall throughout the season however they begin having more drives frequently stop. A great example would be the game against ne last year. We were up 24 to 3. Just as depressing as the Superbowl if not more, Manning not only couldn't put a drive together, we couldn't. Even get a first down. Granted the wind issue but still......even though the records we set offensively were unbelievable, more action and contribution in the backfield will balance our o and strengthen our pass
    Ummm.. not to pick nits, but the Three Amigos were about 25 years after "the beginning."
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

18. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crazbarker View Post
    As Spikerman says, that's only "from the beginning" if you're <35, and even then only from YOUR beginning, not Denvers (it wasn't even the first SB.) Not that your responsible for anything prenatal, but the guys who suffered through that inaugural last place finish have Fan Credentials the rest of us can never attain.

As for the rest, well, NFL Championships are about peaking at the end; very few teams that roared out of the gate looking unstoppable in September won SBs, so when we looked that way at the start of last year my first thought was "no way we can keep this up all season; no one ever has." Seattle stumbled early, but they got their sloppy games and injuries out of the way before the playoffs started, and by the end of the season it was the story of a surging NFC #1 and sagging AFC #1, so perhaps the SB wasn't that shocking.

The NE game was probably Mannings worst in Denver (we were actually up 24-0 at the half, but that was pretty much entirely because of the D, Moreno and Tamme.) Moreno played his guts out against a Swiss cheese Pats D and nearly won the game singlehandedly, but once he got hurt we had nothing but rookies and/or fumblers to take his spot, and Mannings ONE good drive all game was enough to tie, but not to win.

Once Welker fumbled at the end of OT, it was over, all the more heartbreaking because we probably could've run out the clock to at least avoid the loss. We needed a #2 RB worthy of the name, and our lack of a reliable running game has been our Achilles heel since Manning arrival; it's why the Ravens got the ball back for tying Hail Mary to force OT and preserve their SB season two years ago, and why Seattle keyed on Manning all game to win theirs last year.

Hopefully our running and blocking are better this year, but I didn't care about records when we were setting them and still don't. How we start's irrelevant; only the finish matters.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

I couldn't agree with you more. And actually we can looknback at the 18-1 patriots a few years ago. Everyone including myself thought that towards week 13 or 14 that they had to come across a bad game and that there would no possible way they would pull off a dolphin 72. They fortunately (being a bronco)picked the thewrong to have that bad game. Elway experienced that also in 97. We went 12-0 till we went to the meadowlands a played a pretty pathetic giant team who had an below average quarterback with Graham.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information