Thread: From Dusk Til Dawn: The Series

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default From Dusk Til Dawn: The Series

Has anyone caught any of this yet? Its available on Netflix (first 10 episodes).

So far not bad but still getting a feel for it. We are on episode 4 and so far the series has played out almost exactly as the first movie. However, there are some subtle differences and Richie seems to be playing a much larger role in all than he did in the movie. Has some notable names (Robert Patrick, Don Johnson) in it and not entirely sure if they guy who plays Carlos is an actual vampire or if he is some kind of snake monster. So that seems a bit new as the way he feeds is a bit different than your standard vampire. Anyhow, anyone check this out yet?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Watched seven episodes. I think it's not bad, but I don't really understand the point of rehashing the 90 minute movie over the course of 10 hours, though apparently Rodriguez said he wanted to do it so he could develop some of the mythological back story, and that is fairly interesting.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

It covers a lot of what happened in the movie, but a lot of it is changed up as well. Especially once they get to the Titty Twister.

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It covers a lot of what happened in the movie, but a lot of it is changed up as well. Especially once they get to the Titty Twister.
    Yeah, forgot to mention that. How they got into Mexico is also a little different.

I'm trying to remember if Wilder Valderamma's character was part of the movie, as a mentioned person or as a character. I don't think so, but it's been a while since I watched the movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Is there a little man outside the titty twister screaming
    "yellow *****, black *****, pink *****, smelly *****" etc etc

I did love the film - the first time i seen it, i had no spoilers, so it was an awesome surprise when all that craziness went down!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    Is there a little man outside the titty twister screaming
    "yellow *****, black *****, pink *****, smelly *****" etc etc

I did love the film - the first time i seen it, i had no spoilers, so it was an awesome surprise when all that craziness went down!
    That was whe Selma Hayek looked her best too. I can watch that movie up to the snake dance scene and then shut it off. The rest of the movie sucked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont know, Selma looked pretty good in Dogma and Desperado.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

are the movie sequels worth watching?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    are the movie sequels worth watching?
    They're fun, but throwaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont know, Selma looked pretty good in Dogma and Desperado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    That was whe Selma Hayek looked her best too. I can watch that movie up to the snake dance scene and then shut it off. The rest of the movie sucked.
    The movie was fun. Hearing another grown man scream "SEX MACHINE, YOU MOTHER FU," was hilarious. More importantly, Selma Hayek still looks good. Growing up I had such a thing for her and Catherine Zeta Jones. Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Has anyone caught any of this yet? Its available on Netflix (first 10 episodes).

So far not bad but still getting a feel for it. We are on episode 4 and so far the series has played out almost exactly as the first movie. However, there are some subtle differences and Richie seems to be playing a much larger role in all than he did in the movie. Has some notable names (Robert Patrick, Don Johnson) in it and not entirely sure if they guy who plays Carlos is an actual vampire or if he is some kind of snake monster. So that seems a bit new as the way he feeds is a bit different than your standard vampire. Anyhow, anyone check this out yet?
    I was looking forward to watching it, if nothing else because having the backstory be fleshed out would be interesting. Also, that movie has a special place in my heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

New episodes are out but I have yet to get caught up.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information