Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mile High Report Projects the Final 53

Default Mile High Report Projects the Final 53

REALLY like it; my only real reservation is I'd like more than one backup OT. If Schofield's not ready an injury to Clady OR Clark probably means TWO changes (Franklin subs for the hurt player, Garland/Montomery subs for him.) But that ship probably sailed when we cut Justice (still don't like that, but not my call.) Apart from that, it's hard to find any cuts OR keeps I dislike; I could never decide whether I preferred Carter or Ihenacho as our last DB (though I did lean toward Carter) so even that's no big deal, and if we DO PS Aninuke we could even get that extra OT. http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/8...g-the-final-53
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

I hate the idea of tying up a roster spot for Dysert, but I think they will. It makes no sense to me unless they anticipate a QB competition between Dysert and Osweiler when Manning retires, which won't be for a couple of seasons anyway. Even then you can find backup QBs the caliber of Dysert anytime you need one. So, why tie up a roster spot for him now just to hold onto him?

Osweiler has shown enough that if Manning goes down for a couple of games the Broncos would have a chance to win some games with him. They could pick up a QB off the waiver wires to serve as an emergency backup for Osweiler if needed. It's a luxury they can't afford to keep two roster spots tied up for clip-board holders who won't play more than a couple of downs all season.

In truth, if Manning were to get hurt and out for the season, the season is shot anyway. The Broncos would have zero chance of a SB run with Osweiler and we all know it, let alone with Dysert. I think it would be a stretch for them to even win a game with Dysert at QB -- at least against one of the better teams.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I hate the idea of tying up a roster spot for Dysert, but I think they will. It makes no sense to me unless they anticipate a QB competition between Dysert and Osweiler when Manning retires, which won't be for a couple of seasons anyway. Even then you can find backup QBs the caliber of Dysert anytime you need one. So, why tie up a roster spot for him now just to hold onto him?

Osweiler has shown enough that if Manning goes down for a couple of games the Broncos would have a chance to win some games with him. They could pick up a QB off the waiver wires to serve as an emergency backup for Osweiler if needed. It's a luxury they can't afford to keep two roster spots tied up for clip-board holders who won't play more than a couple of downs all season.

In truth, if Manning were to get hurt and out for the season, the season is shot anyway. The Broncos would have zero chance of a SB run with Osweiler and we all know it, let alone with Dysert. I think it would be a stretch for them to even win a game with Dysert at QB -- at least against one of the better teams.
    I think this is a pretty honest and fair post overall, but to say that there's never a chance if such and such happens makes life kinda not worth living at all. so thanks for that Cugel

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Still guessing Bibbs for CJ. Young for Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    I think this is a pretty honest and fair post overall, but to say that there's never a chance if such and such happens makes life kinda not worth living at all. so thanks for that Cugel
    By "chance" I mean a reasonable chance, i.e. "no reasonable chance." Now, if you want to posit something like a fluke win like the "immaculate deflection" play that led to the Brandon Stokely TD win, then fine. With something like that you could hope for a miracle.

But, I'm being realistic. The Broncos are not going to win many, if any games with Zak Dysert as their QB and we all know it. And a QB who's never started a regular sesaon NFL game is almost certainly not going to win the SB in his first (partial) season either, so no SB with Osweiler.

Instead of hoping for a miracle if Manning gets hurt, I'm crossing my fingers that Manning stays healthy all year, just like he has most of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    By "chance" I mean a reasonable chance, i.e. "no reasonable chance." Now, if you want to posit something like a fluke win like the "immaculate deflection" play that led to the Brandon Stokely TD win, then fine. With something like that you could hope for a miracle.

But, I'm being realistic. The Broncos are not going to win many, if any games with Zak Dysert as their QB and we all know it. And a QB who's never started an NFL game is almost certainly not going to win the SB in his first (partial) season either, so no SB with Osweiler.

Instead of hoping for a miracle if Manning gets hurt, I'm crossing my fingers that Manning stays healthy all year, just like he has most of his career.
    I know, was being sarcastic, agree pretty much with all of it

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Bennie Fowler > Isaiah Burse.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

CJ aint as good as Juwan

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It makes a lot of sense to me to keep three quarterbacks. First, helps to keep Osweiler sharp. Second, developing quarterbacks is never an easy process. Third, having a 3rd quarterback who already knows the system is far better than bringing in some scrub off the street who doesn't know the system. I disagree the season is shot if Osweiler had to play more than just couple of games. At the end of day I hope remains a mystery.

I'm not sure this guy is right that Aninuke makes the roster. We have two defensive end that can also play defensive tackle and will many sub packages. Keeping an extra defensive tackle especially with the way this schedule looks so I wouldn't be surprised in Unrein gets to stay.

For the most part I think the prediction is dead on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Bennie Fowler > Isaiah Burse.
    I think you may be right but Burse returns punts and kicks. Fowler played well on the coverage teams but we need someone who can return punts and kicks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

I like this projection-Keeping Vickerson and Unrein would be very cool.
    http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/8...014/in/5826058

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    I like this projection-Keeping Vickerson and Unrein would be very cool.
    http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/8...014/in/5826058
    I like his prediction even better. I do however think Webster will play ahead of Roby for the time being.

18. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

At this point, I'd be ok with cutting ties with CJ, and bringing in Juwan. I'm also at the point where I'd cut my losses with Ronnie Hillman and replace him with Bibbs. I'm a "what have you done for me lately" kinda guy. Which is why I like Burse a lot too. But definitely Juwan Thompson on the team, I think we need that kind of RB.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It makes a lot of sense to me to keep three quarterbacks. First, helps to keep Osweiler sharp. Second, developing quarterbacks is never an easy process. Third, having a 3rd quarterback who already knows the system is far better than bringing in some scrub off the street who doesn't know the system. I disagree the season is shot if Osweiler had to play more than just couple of games. At the end of day I hope remains a mystery.

I'm not sure this guy is right that Aninuke makes the roster. We have two defensive end that can also play defensive tackle and will many sub packages. Keeping an extra defensive tackle especially with the way this schedule looks so I wouldn't be surprised in Unrein gets to stay.

For the most part I think the prediction is dead on.
    Well, don't worry. I think you're dead wrong, but Elway is going to keep Dysert on the roster, so it's academic. If Manning goes down and Osweiler has to play and either sucks so bad he's benched or also gets injured, and then Dysert comes in and manages to win a game, then it's worth it. Otherwise it's a wasted roster spot.

Now, I'd say that's a real long-shot, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    At this point, I'd be ok with cutting ties with CJ, and bringing in Juwan. I'm also at the point where I'd cut my losses with Ronnie Hillman and replace him with Bibbs. I'm a "what have you done for me lately" kinda guy. Which is why I like Burse a lot too. But definitely Juwan Thompson on the team, I think we need that kind of RB.
    I would love seeing them get rid of Hillman who doesn't seem to provide much of anything. Chances of it hapening: Zero.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information