Thread: Raiders are the least desirable team to play for

Default Raiders are the least desirable team to play for

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-team-play-for

The Raiders are the least desirable team to play for in the NFL, according to an NFL Nation Confidential survey posed to 100-plus players on the following question:

"The only way I'd play for [team name] is if they doubled my salary."

Of the 82 players who answered, the Raiders were named by 23 percent of the respondents, followed by the Buffalo Bills (19 percent), Cleveland Browns (16 percent), Jacksonville Jaguars (9 percent) and Green Bay Packers (6 percent). These are tough times for the Raiders, who have endured 11 consecutive non-winning seasons, last reaching the postseason in 2002 -- the year they were routed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Super Bowl.

Since then, the organization has become known for its instability. Dennis Allen is the team's sixth different head coach since 2004. Questions about the franchise's future in Oakland also have fueled a cloud of uncertainty.

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The only reason I can think of a few would say Green Bay would probably have something to do with it being "the Frozen Tundra."
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

4. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    The only reason I can think of a few would say Green Bay would probably have something to do with it being "the Frozen Tundra."
    Yeah, Green Bay was a surprise on that list. Most of the others make sense right off the bat.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Yeah, Green Bay was a surprise on that list. Most of the others make sense right off the bat.
    10-15 years ago, Arizona would've been at the top of the list.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Raiders least desireable team to play for according to players.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-team-play-for

It pays to be a member of the Oakland Raiders -- but only if the pay is extraordinary.

The Raiders are the least desirable team to play for in the NFL, according to an NFL Nation Confidential survey posed to 100-plus players on the following question:
    "The only way I'd play for [team name] is if they doubled my salary."

Of the 82 players who answered, 23 percent named the Raiders, followed by the Buffalo Bills (19 percent), Cleveland Browns (16 percent), Jacksonville Jaguars (9 percent) and Green Bay Packers (6 percent).

These are tough times for the Raiders, who have endured 11 consecutive nonwinning seasons and last reached the postseason in 2002 -- the season the Tampa Bay Buccaneers routed them in the Super Bowl.

Since then, the organization has become known for its instability. Dennis Allen is the team's sixth different head coach since 2004. Questions about the franchise's future in Oakland also have fueled a cloud of uncertainty.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Whooops. My bad. Mod can merge.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

In other news

Kittens and Puppies are Cute!

Sticking forks in wall outlets is hazardous, per study

After Decades, Roseanne Barr still ugly!

Of course its the worst place. Its the Oakland Raiders, where NFL careers go to die.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

11. The Following 8 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

What? Our illustrious history is not enough?

I heard that out of the 18 players that said the Raiders, 16 of them currently play for the Raiders.

The other two were Jared Veldheer and Lamaar Houston.

I also heard a few of the players thought the Raiders played in Buffalo, hence the lower than expected percentage.

Honestly I didn’t get that feeling in the off season with the acquisitions on defense and players looking to prove something but whatever.

The only way I'd play for [team name] is if they doubled my salary.
    The ironic part is that this is what has taken the Raiders to the black hole they were in prior to McKenzie taking over.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    What? Our illustrious history is not enough?

I heard that out of the 18 players that said the Raiders, 16 of them currently play for the Raiders.

The other two were Jared Veldheer and Lamaar Houston.

I also heard a few of the players thought the Raiders played in Buffalo, hence the lower than expected percentage.

Honestly I didn’t get that feeling in the off season with the acquisitions on defense and players looking to prove something but whatever.

The ironic part is that this is what has taken the Raiders to the black hole they were in prior to McKenzie taking over.
    No. It's whose salary they doubled.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information