Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adam Gase a no-brainer choice for head coach in 2015

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Default Adam Gase a no-brainer choice for head coach in 2015

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...oach-somewhere

Oddly enough I was thinking about this the other day.

I knew he was wanted desperately in Cleveland, but he made the right decision staying in Denver. I think he is as good as gone by the end of this upcoming season.

My question to you guys: Would you rather John Fox or Adam Gase be head coach of the Denver Broncos in 2015?

John Fox has done a FANTASTIC job while in Denver....even leading a Tim Tebow led team to a playoff victory. Taking the last two teams to the AFC Championship, and SUper Bowl. To me, you don't simply replace someone that has shown to be a good coach, with great results, simply for a "new face" and hopes.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

3. The Following 10 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Depends who the QB is in 2015, if it is PFM i will take Gase as it will give him at least another year with the legend which means one side of the ball he wont need to worry too much about in his first HC role.

If PFM retires, i would stick with Fox, even if that means losing Gase to another team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    John Fox has done a FANTASTIC job while in Denver....even leading a Tim Tebow led team to a playoff victory. Taking the last two teams to the AFC Championship, and SUper Bowl. To me, you don't simply replace someone that has shown to be a good coach, with great results, simply for a "new face" and hopes.
    Agreed. It's typically not a very good idea to get rid of something you already have that is completely sufficient in hopes that the shiny new toy will be even better. The shiny new toy isn't always as great as it appears. And I don't see any good reason to be pushing Fox out the door. He has done nothing but win in Denver.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Unless it is Coach Fox's decision to retire, I see no reason to replace him.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Ugh, I'd HATE to see Gase go. It's hard to argue Fox is a top-7 coach or so, but in the playoffs his limitations become apparent. Just hate to see a guy showing as much talent as Gase walk out with Denver getting nothing in return.

Though I wanted Fox's ass shit-canned after the SB mismanagement--I agree you can't replace a coach all but about 7 teams would love to have with a promising unknown--even if the unknown is in the organization. I still see Fox as among the weakest links to Denver's SB hopes, though.

Which will make Gase leaving more painful.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 08-21-2014 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks
    Though I wanted Fox's ass shit-canned after the SB mismanagement--I agree you can't replace a coach all but about 7 teams would love to have with a promising unknown--even if the unknown is in the organization. I still see Fox as among the weakest links to Denver's SB hopes, though.

For as bad as I think Fox prepared the team for the SuperBowl, I thought Gase looked equally confused when Seattle made adjustments and shut our offense down.

Fox has been outstanding in Denver though.

I just don't get the hype on Gase as a head coach.

12. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Fox has been outstanding in Denver though.

I just don't get the hype on Gase as a head coach.
    I don't get how those two statements jibe, because Fox and Gases credit for Denvers success is essentially the same: They completely tore down and rebuilt an offense around an option QB in midseason, then managed to ride that to a Division title and a playoff win, then tore down and rebuilt that offense AGAIN in a single offseason and rode Peyton Manning to back-to-back 13 win seasons and AFC #1 seeds. Coaches are paid to fit gameplans and philosophies to the army they have, not the army they want; fine.

Nonetheless, those generals benefited from an implausibly lengthy string of implausible option QB plays only to have it all come crashing down once they were playing good teams every week, then blew their first playoff game with Manning and got destroyed from kickoff to gun when his record season took them to the SB. How much of that was them, and how much were they just along for the ride? When the chips were down and we needed LEADERSHIP because we couldn't just bowl people over with luck or talent, our coaches were simply not up to the task.

Fox can claim a bit more personal credit because he's a defensive coach and our D looks pretty fierce now, but it's the same D that looked anemic most of last year (in no small part due to injuries) and let us down big time in the previous seasons playoff: Preventing a 70 yd Hail Mary for <1 minute to preserve a TD is defenses easiest most basic task, yet ours failed it at the end of BOTH halves, allowing a team we led by a TD with <1 minute to play to drive the field for a TD not once, but TWICE.

I don't get the big deal about Fox OR Gase, and don't think it would be the end of the world to lose either or even BOTH. I've said before and will repeat: Adam Gase has the cushisest job in the NFL; what we all do for free (or even pay to do) he's paid handsomely to do: Watch Peyton Manning do his job FOR him 5 months/year. We played our two biggest regular seasons games back-to-back without Fox last year, winning one by 10 and jumping out to a 24-0 road lead before just missing a tie in the other at the end of OT: We survived his absence before, and would again.

They're our coaches and I wish them well, both now and when they cease being our coaches (except when coaching AGAINST us, of course.) But neither seems like anything special, and I'm really just hoping their up to snuff with arguably the most talented roster Denver's ever had: If we STILL don't win a SB, maybe it's past TIME for them to go.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I don't get how those two statements jibe, because Fox and Gases credit for Denvers success is essentially the same: They completely tore down and rebuilt an offense around an option QB in midseason, then managed to ride that to a Division title and a playoff win, then tore down and rebuilt that offense AGAIN in a single offseason and rode Peyton Manning to back-to-back 13 win seasons and AFC #1 seeds. Coaches are paid to fit gameplans and philosophies to the army they have, not the army they want; fine.

Gase was a QB's coach, McCoy was the offensive "mind" behind that season. I'm not taking anything away from Gase, he is a good young mind, but we're talking an in demand coach after te season? C'mon. I don't think he really built anything when Manning came to town. C'mon it's Peyton Manning. How many plays does he actually "Omaha" too that's a call from Gase, and not a read and call from Manning at the LOS?

If Manning ever got hurt, and Osweiler took over and played the season out, would people still talk about Gase as the NFL's next best thing for a young coach next year?

15. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

I wonder how some people would view Fox if he weren't the Broncos coach. I'd bet most here would say the winning is all Manning and Fox is a figurehead.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I wonder how some people would view Fox if he weren't the Broncos coach. I'd bet most here would say the winning is all Manning and Fox is a figurehead.
    Fox nearly beat a team that ended up becoming a dynasty with Jake ******* Delhomme in a Super Bowl. And he won a division with one of the worst quarterbacks to ever suit up.

Man can coach.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Fox nearly beat a team that ended up becoming a dynasty with Jake ******* Delhomme in a Super Bowl. And he won a division with one of the worst quarterbacks to ever suit up.

Man can coach.
    I'm not saying he can't. I'm just saying not everyone is as smart as you and I, MO. Duh.

20. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Alijah Holder

Screw Gase! I want Mr. Lazy Del Rio, right Mo?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by iLands View Post
    Screw Gase! I want Mr. Lazy Del Rio, right Mo?
    Oh, man.

I was wrong once. The utter horror.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I know Gase is a hot commodity but how difficult is it to look good as Offensive Coordinator when Peyton Manning is your QB and the guy is a walking OC on the field? If he has to make Jake Goebbert or Brian Hoyer look good, then I'm impressed but Peyton Manning?

The last offensive genius in Denver was ??? and he's head coaching ??? and what's his record there?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

24. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information