Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Mike Carey refused to work Redskins games

Chief isn't a slurl.... that's like calling the word "general" a slur. Chief isn't referring to one's skin color. So the Chiefs, are ok. If the Redskins would pick a particular tribe name, then they wouldn't be racial. It's really not that hard to figure out.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 09-26-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

2. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Chief isn't a slur... lol.... that's like calling the word "general" a slur. Chief isn't referring to one's skin color. So the Chiefs, are ok. If the Redskins would pick a particular tribe name, then they wouldn't be racial. It's really not that hard to figure out.
    exactly, a quick google search shows at least 3 valid Indian tribes in the DC area... pick one and run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Chief isn't a slur... lol.... that's like calling the word "general" a slur. Chief isn't referring to one's skin color. So the Chiefs, are ok. If the Redskins would pick a particular tribe name, then they wouldn't be racial. It's really not that hard to figure out.
    "Chief" has often been used as a slur for American Indians, in reference (obviously) to tribal chiefs. It's at least as common as "redskin" which probably hasn't been used much outside of Washington in the last 50 years, if not 100. The Chiefs don't play at Arrowhead (nor have one on their helmets) because their name refers to a generic leader of nonspecific race. Should the Braves and Indians pick a tribe, too (and how does narrowing it done to just ONE tribe make it any less racial? Like, British is a race, but Welsh isn't?)
    Last edited by Joel; 09-24-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Default Who refers to THEMSELVES by an intentionally insulting term?

I keep coming back to that as the thing that makes this whole thing so contrived and hypersensitive. Like, is there some minor league owner out there thinking, Y'know, as much as they horrify and disgust me, they fiercely terrify me, too; I'm naming the team "The Peoria Prison Rapists." Prob'ly not. If the NFLs first Commissioner (i.e. Jim Thorpe) didn't mind the Redskins, why does anyone else? If they weren't in the nations capital and hadn't been founded by a guy who was practically a Grand Dragon, I doubt anyone would care.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Who refers to THEMSELVES by an intentionally insulting term?
    How many A-A comedians spout the n-word incessantly, including at themselves?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    exactly, a quick google search shows at least 3 valid Indian tribes in the DC area... pick one and run with it.
    This makes me think of the University of North Dakota controversy a year or two ago. Not only was the name Fighting Sioux badass, but I felt like it paid tribute to the cultural and historical background of the Dakotas. I don't know the reason why it was dropped, but the tribe obviously thought it wasn't in their best interest for the name to stay. So one of these tribes would have to approve the name, but who's to say whether they will want it changed in the future?

Also, this is on tonight:

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

It's illogical to have an issue with Carey on this. It's pretty well known that the Redskins name does ruffle feathers, and it's not exactly hard to see why. If he has a moral issue with the name, and if the league respected that wish, you literally have no problem here.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Southpark was pretty damn funny tonight. My favorite was when Snyder lined up against the Cowboys.....alone.....and they kept on running him over.
    Last edited by tubby; 09-26-2014 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling

12. The Following User High Fived tubby For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    How many A-A comedians spout the n-word incessantly, including at themselves?
    Right: INTENTIONALLY insulting; how many of them DENIGRATE themselves with the word?

Mike Carey sure didnt mind cashing his CBS check last night on the Redskins broadcast
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rex For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Mike Carey sure didnt mind cashing his CBS check last night on the Redskins broadcast
    I think he gets paid by CBS.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Right: INTENTIONALLY insulting; how many of them DENIGRATE themselves with the word?
    Joel, if you believe the race-baiters, that word is *always* denigrating. Go listen to Richard Pryor if you don't believe me. He uses the N-word about himself.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think he gets paid by CBS.
    Isn't that what Rex said?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information