Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: virus

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    What do you do for work tned, I had a conversation with someone on here and we both have our speculations
    I don't usually talk about it online -- fairly boring stuff. I guess in some ways, kind of an import/export business, but not quite.

Tned imports Freedom and exports Pain.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    Everything I go on this website on my laptop my anti virus tells me it just detected and deleted a virus called codec or something.

Not sure if it something on the website or my Internet connection, but thought I would flash it up to you guys
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i got the same thing on this site. Some adware virus.
    Can you guys give me some more info. Exactly what your anti-virus says. Screen shot, as much as possible. I'll have the server support guys check it out. It's strange that Dave is getting it on every visit, but others aren't.

Also, what kind of AV / Malware detection are you guys running. I'll get this checked out, but I really need more details, because it's not something I can replicate.

Thanks

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Tned imports Freedom and exports Pain.
    Black market type stuff
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

PUP.Optional.AdPeak.A
    Type: Registry Key

Basically what it does, is that when i come to site, it will create links on most posts on the forums, then start loading ads and spam.

I use MalwareBytes.

Have not gotten the message in a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I don't usually talk about it online -- fairly boring stuff. I guess in some ways, kind of an import/export business, but not quite.
    Just had a Seinfeld flashback. Do you remember the episode where George sneaks a date with Marisa Tomei and his cover was a lie about helping Elaine's boyfriend figure out if he was going to give up the importing or the exporting?

Oh well, back to the virus discussion.
    Last edited by Broncos Mtnman; 08-19-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos Mtnman View Post
    Just had a Seinfeld flashback. Do you remember the episode where George sneaks a date with Marisa Tomei and his cover was a lie about helping Elaine's boyfriend figure out if he was going to give up the importing or the exporting?

Oh well, back to the virus discussion.
    I was actually never a big seinfeld guy. Not sure why, because whenever I watched an episode, I liked it, but never watched it regularly. Now, I would do/say just about anything to Tomei -- don't tell my wife I said that...

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Black market type stuff
    Nah, that's UR29. T's businesses is mail order brides. Most are from Germany but some come from the Czech Republic.
    This space available for lease.

12. The Following User High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    PUP.Optional.AdPeak.A
    Type: Registry Key

Basically what it does, is that when i come to site, it will create links on most posts on the forums, then start loading ads and spam.

I use MalwareBytes.

Have not gotten the message in a while though.
    Server/LInux support guys just ran a malware scan on server (there is actually one that runs nightly, but they went ahead and did another), and checked it over and see nothing out of place. I'm going to send them your info.

Also, if it happens again, if you can check and see what ads are showing and take a screen shot, that would be helpful. If it's coming from an ad, I need to get the ad company to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post

Nah, that's UR29. T's businesses is mail order brides. Most are from Germany but some come from the Czech Republic.
    I wonder if he has a catalog I could look through.
    Free Hotcarl!

"Your Czech is in the mail."

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

Can you guys give me some more info. Exactly what your anti-virus says. Screen shot, as much as possible. I'll have the server support guys check it out. It's strange that Dave is getting it on every visit, but others aren't.

Also, what kind of AV / Malware detection are you guys running. I'll get this checked out, but I really need more details, because it's not something I can replicate.

Thanks
    I use AVG premium.

On Sunday night I was watching the game on NFL game pass on my laptop. Every now and again I would minimise that screen and in another window would go online.

Whenever I opened up this forum I got a pop up message saying - AVG has detected a virus and deleted it (or something like that) But it kept popping up - maybe 10 times that night, but not on any other site.

After the game I did a full system scan and it removed one threat - it was a harmless program which did something to the ads that I see but it was showing down my system.

I don't know if they are related - but I have had no trouble since I did the scan.

I can't remember the names, but the pop up was something like "codec" and the other one was (according to AVG) the 8th most common virus around at the minute.

AVG also said becsuse I got the pop up in real time - the anti virus done is job and my system was unlikely affected by it.

Sorry but I can't remember any more than that.

If it happens again I will screen shot it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information