Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart kills driver in Sprint Cup race

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Default Tony Stewart kills driver in Sprint Cup race

I have always hated Tony Stewart with a passion. He's a scum driver and a scum person. It doesn't look as it was intentional yet there is a part of my that wonders if he didn't do everything in his power to avoid hitting the kid. Track should have been under caution and tony had to have seen the kid on the track and I'm sure every pit guy was telling their drivers that someone was in the track. I'm pretty sure this was an unfortunate accident but I still can't believe it

And tony says he will race the nascar race today. I'm sorry but I think that is disrespectful. I know a lot of you won't agree and. Will say it's the kids fault etc but it's a shitty move to race today IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ive actually read recent reports that Tony wont race today.

I know Stewart has a reputation as a hot head but im not sure this was intentional. Apparently (and im no racing expert) when cars like this wreck the drivers are supposed to wait for the medic crews to come before getting out of the car. Ward was playing a dangerous game by confronting Stewart on the track like that. There are varied opinions that Stewart revved the engine and swerved into Ward and others who believe he was trying to avoid hiim. Either way, Ward deserves some of the responsibility here as he really had no business stepping in front of any car on that track. Sad situation for all involved.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Hate Tony or not, that guy who he hit won a 1st place Darwin award for that one. His death was tragic. But 100 percent preventable.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Hate Tony or not, that guy who he hit won a 1st place Darwin award for that one. His death was tragic. But 100 percent preventable.
    Agreed. Running out onto the track when there are still cars moving is not exactly the smartest thing to do.

I think anyone who is saying Tony did this on purpose is out of their minds. Yeah he is a hothead, but I don't think he's a murderer.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I saw the replay and looks like the kid shouldnt have ran unto a speeding track like that. Not Stewarts fault but still a tragic thing.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

11. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

saying on radio that there could be a reckless criminal investigation...heres the video..have to say, that kid should not have stepped out onto the track, but could stewart have done more to avoid him..also theyre saying tony stewart had an altercation with ward on the prior lap...if so, is it possible stewart was pissed and hit the kid to teach him a lesson?
    http://thebiglead.com/2014/08/01/ton...rning-graphic/
    Last edited by Dzone; 08-10-2014 at 11:48 AM.

13. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

http://news.yahoo.com/manager-tony-s...114411632.html

He back pedaled on racing today. His camp originally said today would be "business as usual". He was catching a ton of flack so that's when he decided to not race today. Most of you don't follow NASCAR. I did for quite some time. Stewart is a douche bag deluxe. It's being looked into whether he actually gunned the engine and sped up right before hitting Ward. Ward shouldn't have gone after Stewart on the track but I have seen at least a dozen drivers do the same exact thing over the years. The cars are under caution and the drivers have their pit crews telling them there's a driver on the track so be careful.

15. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

I find it hard to believe he did it on purpose.
    The guy should have stayed in his car.This incident will change the rules on getting out of your car in ANY form of racing from here on out.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

And for the record I don't think he hit the kid on purpose - I think he was trying to scare the kid - because that's the kind of person Tony is - and either didn't realize the kid was as close as he was to the wheel or hit the gas a little to hard. This is open wheel vs closed wheel so the danger increases greatly when getting close to the moving car but IMHO Tony could have avoided going any where near him. He bears some responsibility.

Im not a Stewart fan at all and he does come across like a doosh! But I don't see how it's his fault when someone runs out on a speeding track like that.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    And for the record I don't think he hit the kid on purpose - I think he was trying to scare the kid - because that's the kind of person Tony is - and either didn't realize the kid was as close as he was to the wheel or hit the gas a little to hard. This is open wheel vs closed wheel so the danger increases greatly when getting close to the moving car but IMHO Tony could have avoided going any where near him. He bears some responsibility.
    At worse it would be negligence but the fact that Ward got out when apparently he wasnt supposed to could make him 100% liable. It would be very hard for a court to prove he had intent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Social media is running 50-50 on this topic. Half are saying Stewart should be in jail today for this. This story is going to explode

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

from article:

A video of the incident shows two cars coming out of a turn with Stewart's No. 14 car sliding up the track toward Ward's No. 13 car. The two cars get close and appear to make contact before Ward's car hits the wall and spins out. Another car narrowly avoids hitting the 13 car as its sits on the track facing the wrong direction.

Ward gets out of his crashed car, walking on the track toward the race cars, which had slowed for a yellow flag. Ward points a finger and appears to be yelling. One car swerves to avoid Ward on the half-mile dirt track.

Stewart's car passes close to Ward, and it appears that its right rear tire hits him.
    full article - http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/10/justic...ver/index.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

It won't make a difference legally but if it were Jeff Gordon or Jr the reaction wouldn't be the same - in fact I don't think ward would have even been hit had it been any other driver. The video shows the first car that passes him completely misses him and if you listen you can Tonys engine rev right before he hits him

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information