Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart kills driver in Sprint Cup race

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

You're letting your bias against Stewart cloud your judgement here OB. The guy clearly ran DOWN the track as cars were passing. On top of that the pointing and way he was acting make me think he was thinking about making Tony stop to try and beat his ass or something along those lines. He was clearly enraged. Also, how can you say that engine noise just prior to impact is Stewart's? The microphone is on the opposite side of the track, there are a lot of cars, and given how many passed in the field of view (which keep in mind was opposite side of the track) there was most likely Sprint cars immediately in front of the camera.

Anyhow, never been a Stewart fan... at all.... but this isn't his fault... sure, he could've been going slower as he passed, even though he was the same speed as everyone else. He could've been further down the track but the other guy CAME DOWN after his car so he would've just come further.

Bottom line, old boy made a foolish decision and paid the ultimate price.

2. The Following 11 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I know it is but...well I have no excuse, although I still feel he was trying to "scare" the kid. Be a man - stop the car - and confront him - like a real man. Tony is and always has been a overweight *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    I know it is but...well I have no excuse, although I still feel he was trying to "scare" the kid. Be a man - stop the car - and confront him - like a real man. Tony is and always has been a overweight *****.
    Um, you don't just stop your car when other cars on the track are still moving...

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I think the key here is to be emotional as possible.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, no way he is going to come to a dead stop on the track with other cars still traveling around it. It was not the place or time for Ward to confront Stewart there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Well he could have pulled up to the top of the track. He could have turned his car the OPPOSITE direction of where Ward was heading. He is a professional driver. He knows how to handle a car - he was negligent in not staying as far fromWard as he could have. If he was going "so fast" Ward never would have been able to approach the car I the first place.i know that Ward take a majority of the blame for getting out of the car in the first place. But he was pissed. He was running on pure emotion and adrenaline. Unfortunately he was confronting some one who only thinks about himself when he is on the race track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Judge, Jury, Executioner.

On a fuzzy amateur YouTube video, nonetheless.

The sheriff disagrees.

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well he could have pulled up to the top of the track. He could have turned his car the OPPOSITE direction of where Ward was heading. He is a professional driver. He knows how to handle a car - he was negligent in not staying as far fromWard as he could have. If he was going "so fast" Ward never would have been able to approach the car I the first place.i know that Ward take a majority of the blame for getting out of the car in the first place. But he was pissed. He was running on pure emotion and adrenaline. Unfortunately he was confronting some one who only thinks about himself when he is on the race track.
    Yea, but that is kind of the problem though OB. Ward was intentionally trying to get in front of Stewart's car so no matter what Tony did Ward was going to try and get in front of him. Tony also had to worry about the other cars behind him. While the caution flag was out the were still going fast enough around the track and i dont think anyone truly knows of when Tony spotted Ward before trying to avoid him. I still dont see how Ward doesnt take the brunt of the blame here. He was never supposed to get out of the vehicle no matter how angry he was. I do think people are using their personal bias against Stewart to try and place blame there but i just dont see it.

Umm...this is easy. Dumbass acted like a dumbass, was killed being a dumbass. /thread

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Umm...this is easy. Dumbass acted like a dumbass, was killed being a dumbass. /thread
    +1

Without producing an angle that shows the width of the track and how much room Stewart had to avoid the guy, there's no way to prove Stewart tried to hit him. The video I saw this morning was not as shaky as this one and it appeared to me that Ward stopped moving toward the infield and walked back toward the middle of the track. Drivers have to make split-second decisions on where to avoid left or avoid right. I think the odds of hitting him increase if you avoid left (towards the infield) because that is the direction any sane person would be walking, so the instinct was probably to avoid right which backfired when Ward began walking back toward the middle. No professional driver is going to wreck their own car trying to avoid a pedestrian because then his own safety is being put at risk.

Without an angle directly behind Ward or directly in front of him, I can't judge where Stewart meant to drive.

Sad event but certainly not criminal. I could see the family taking this to civil court and could possibly win a judgement.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

OB why is your name just OB instead of OB 420? Mods make you change it?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    OB why is your name just OB instead of OB 420? Mods make you change it?
    You know how private messages or visitor messages work?

The kid could have also waited to air his grievances off the track, but he made a poor decision. Tony may have responded in an aggressive manner, but I'm sure he didn't mean to run him down. I think it was just a horrible accident. I predict no criminal charges will be filed and the kid's family go after Tony for monetary damages, but he will settle with them out of court so there will be no trial.
    This space available for lease.

Multiple sources say Stewart gunned his engine going by. I'm sure he meant it more as a "**** you" but wow--a man is dead at 20 over this.

The video is insane--Ward striding out into traffic and then very quickly dead. Really ****** up all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

19. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I don't think he even saw him. There was a car in front and to the right of him, and the view is very limited.

I don't want to speak bad of the dead but uh dude stay in the car.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information