Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A cheerful thought.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Default A cheerful thought.

I will admit that Superbowl hit me freakin' hard. This will be almost my first posts in the main forum in months. I have all of Denver's wins from 2013 DVR'd, and I haven't been able to watch a single one.

I did however notice something on Profootballreference.com - that being, we are only 2 1/2 games behind Oakland in all time franchise W/L record right now. Let me tell you, as someone who grew up watching the damned Raiders in the 70's, who can still hear Curt Gowdy praising that cursed organization as the "winningest team in football," I had never hoped to live long enough for us to have closed that huge gap. I think we catch those ******** this year. Superbowl or not I would be very happy.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

This is undoubtedly the year.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I will admit that Superbowl hit me freakin' hard. This will be almost my first posts in the main forum in months. I have all of Denver's wins from 2013 DVR'd, and I haven't been able to watch a single one.

I did however notice something on Profootballreference.com - that being, we are only 2 1/2 games behind Oakland in all time franchise W/L record right now. Let me tell you, as someone who grew up watching the damned Raiders in the 70's, who can still hear Curt Gowdy praising that cursed organization as the "winningest team in football," I had never hoped to live long enough for us to have closed that huge gap. I think we catch those ******** this year. Superbowl or not I would be very happy.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/
    Yea, cant really argue with any of this. We did make the SB and have a good chance to get back. But it wont be any easier and the likelihood is not there but we should still have a strong year and be able to surpass the faid which is always a good thing.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, cant really argue with any of this. We did make the SB and have a good chance to get back. But it wont be any easier and the likelihood is not there but we should still have a strong year and be able to surpass the faid which is always a good thing.
    I would really love for the Faid to be battling the Cards and Buc's for most futile franchise ever, but as long as we are better than them I can be happy

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This doesn't really do much for me to be honest. The Raiders have sucked pretty much my whole life, so I guess I haven't developed the same level of hatred as the old fogies on here.

I dislike SD and KC far more.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I think Baltimore hit me harder than the Super Bowl did for some reason. Probably because Seattle was just the better team that day but I know that no way in hell the Ravens were. I'll take an AFC Championship win over the Patriots as a consolation prize anyway!

I'm excited about this season because you need to enjoy these elite teams with great QB's when you have them. Closing the gap with the Raiders will just be icing on the cake. We need to do it before they move to another state!

10. The Following 7 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This doesn't really do much for me to be honest. The Raiders have sucked pretty much my whole life, so I guess I haven't developed the same level of hatred as the old fogies on here.

SD and KC barely register. I can work up as much as mild dislike, but that is all, compared to the Raiders

12. The Following 8 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

cool. . . i didn't realize we were so close. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

It's the Raiders, it's always been the Raiders, it will always be the Raiders.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

What is our head to head record vs the raiders. I had checked it a couple years ago and they were still many games ahead of us.

Id like us to beat them in winning %
    Head to head
    SuperBowl rings

You have no clue how much pleasure id get in having those bragging rights. I think we sweep the AFCW again this year with our biggest challenge being SD. KC is overrated and the raiders are crap.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

17. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I can kind of understand where Wave is coming from. I do actually dislike the Chiefs more than the faid and Chargers at this point. A lot of that going back to the late 90's and early 2000's. The 80's of course was the bad blood with the Raiders and Broncos and of couse the late 2000's with the Chargers. It kind of goes in spurts with our rivals but if there is one more thing we can take away from the faid and our special friend OR it would be the alltime winningest record which im all for. Will be interesting though if Schaub can make a last hurrah for Oaktown but i doubt it.

I've always had an unnecessary hate for Oakland.

For some reason, I keep one game image in my head. I want to say 2002. We wear the orange alternates at home against Oakland. It snows hard. We get beat. I also remember at other times, DMC and Ford running all over us. Then there's the Orton ghost fumble.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Go to a game and witness the fans and its enough to light a fiery hatred in me.
    Free Hotcarl!

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

I remember watching an AFL game between the Chiefs and Raiders in the late 60s. Len Dawson goes back to pass and rolls right under pressure. He trips on his own feet and falls down untouched. Ben Davidson takes the opportunity to spear Dawson in a defenseless position (the rules are different today), Dawson writhing in pain from the hit. Otis Taylor comes running over and starts swinging haymakers at Davidson, which stimulates a general melee with the benches pouring on the fields. My Dad jumps up screaming at the TV for someone on the Chiefs side to kill that SOB Davidson.

I'm a Broncos fan now but AFC West Football Etiquette 101 requires a non-stop hatred of the Raiders

Oh, screw the Raiders forever!

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    I remember watching an AFL game between the Chiefs and Raiders in the late 60s. Len Dawson goes back to pass and rolls right under pressure. He trips on his own feet and falls down untouched. Ben Davidson takes the opportunity to spear Dawson in a defenseless position (the rules are different today), Dawson writhing in pain from the hit. Otis Taylor comes running over and starts swinging haymakers at Davidson, which stimulates a general melee with the benches pouring on the fields. My Dad jumps up screaming at the TV for someone on the Chiefs side to kill that SOB Davidson.

I'm a Broncos fan now but AFC West Football Etiquette 101 requires a non-stop hatred of the Raiders

Oh, screw the Raiders forever!
    Oh, I remember that play very well. Even worse, the Chiefs were ahead and Dawson had just scrambled for a game clinching first down. The melee causes the clock to stop and wiped out the play (no dead ball fouls then). The Raiders stop the Chefs second time around got the ball, and tied the game, which eventually won them the Division.

Typical Raiders from back then. They played dirty, cheated, and were lucky on top of it.

26. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information