Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 year old in "Slenderman" stabbing found not competent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Do me a favor Wave, if your not even going to try and have a serious discussion on this than please just move onto another thread. With your stupid logic why did you stop at 4? Why not 1? lmao

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Well then why didn't you say "no" the first time instead of "depends on the situation"?
    Because we arent talking about 4 year olds. We are talking about a 12 year old.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Do me a favor Wave, if your not even going to try and have a serious discussion on this than please just move onto another thread. With your stupid logic why did you stop at 4? Why not 1? lmao
    It's not stupid logic. What I'm trying to do is get you to admit that there is a line in which a human is just not capable of making adult decisions. Now that you seem to be admitting that the line exists, the question is where is the line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Because we arent talking about 4 year olds. We are talking about a 12 year old.
    Sorry, I went back and read what you replied to and see he wasn't talking about 4 year olds in that post. My mistake.

See, I'm not totally bullheaded all the time!

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's not stupid logic. What I'm trying to do is get you to admit that there is a line in which a human is just not capable of making adult decisions. Now that you seem to be admitting that the line exists, the question is where is the line.
    Which is why i said it depends on the crime. I read another article where a 11 year old stabbed her mother 9 times. I would seriously consider charging her as an adult. Keep in mind we arent talking the death penalty in all cases and are only talking about charging as an adult which includes longterm jailtime.

Meh. I rarely agree with Wave. But I see the point. Where is the cutoff for when someone can make their own decisions? We usually say 16, 18, or 21. Where is the limit? Go have sex with a 12 year old and see if people think she's able to make big decisions on her own.
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 08-09-2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: typo

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Which is why i said it depends on the crime. I read another article where a 11 year old stabbed her mother 9 times. I would seriously consider charging her as an adult. Keep in mind we arent talking the death penalty and are only talking about charging as an adult which includes longterm jailtime.
    Fair enough. Personally, I'm uncomfortable with the death penalty even for adults, so I'd be totally against ever giving it to a kid. Even jail time in general I'd have a hard time giving to a 12 year old. Even if she was a straight A student and showed no other problems, I just don't think a 12 year old fully understands the magnitude of stabbing someone.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Meh. I rarely disagree with Wave. But I see the point. Where is the cutoff for when someone can make their own decisions? We usually say 16, 18, or 21. Where is the limit? Go have sex with a 12 year old and see if people think she's able to make big decisions on her own.
    Great, great point. If a 12 year old should be charged as an adult because she can make the adult decision to kill someone, then the same logic should apply that she can make the adult decision to have sex with an adult.

Also, did you mean to say you rarely agree with me?

Giving a kid jail time isn't going to do much to help their development. It will probably hinder it. They'll just keep coming back without the right counseling.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Meh. I rarely disagree with Wave. But I see the point. Where is the cutoff for when someone can make their own decisions? We usually say 16, 18, or 21. Where is the limit? Go have sex with a 12 year old and see if people think she's able to make big decisions on her own.
    12 year olds have sex all the time (not with overaged men) but people their own age. My wife just admitted she had sex for the first time at 14 and knew clearly what she was doing. She even admitted she had "fooled" around even before that. While young teens can be sexually inexperienced i disagree that they dont know the choices or decisions that they make. Does this mean this girl deserves the death penalty? No. But i have zero problem with her being charged as an adult i this case.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Giving a kid jail time isn't going to do much to help their development. It will probably hinder it. They'll just keep coming back without the right counseling.
    You may be right, but if im the parent or victim (keep in mind this is my own view on what i would expect) that isnt really a consolation for what happened. Some parents/victims forgive people. Im just not one of them.

12 year olds have sex all the time (not with overaged men) but people their own age. My wife just admitted she had sex for the first time at 14 and knew clearly what she was doing. She even admitted she had "fooled" around even before that. While young teens can be sexually inexperience but i disagree that they dont know the choices or decisions that they make. Does this mean this girl deserves the death penalty? No. But i have zero problem with her being charged as an adult i this case.
    But she's not an adult. Do you see a difference between a child and an adult?

I mean, the girl did this to impress a fictional character. That's not how an adult should think. If an adult would have done this, they would have claimed insanity.

18. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

But she's not an adult. Do you see a difference between a child and an adult?

I mean, the girl did this to impress a fictional character. That's not how an adult should think. If an adult would have done this, they would have claimed insanity.
    Well, that is her "excuse". Like i said, this girl was quite smart and had no previous behavioral problems. This isnt a case where she was abused in the home or had a long history of mental issues.

*edit* I will also add that while the girl isnt classified as an adult she did however make an adult decision when stabbing that other kid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

12 year olds have sex all the time (not with overaged men) but people their own age. My wife just admitted she had sex for the first time at 14 and knew clearly what she was doing. She even admitted she had "fooled" around even before that. While young teens can be sexually inexperienced i disagree that they dont know the choices or decisions that they make. Does this mean this girl deserves the death penalty? No. But i have zero problem with her being charged as an adult i this case.
    What if a 12 year old does decide to have sex with a 30 year old man? If the 12 year old said she wanted it, should the 30 year old be charged?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Doesnt matter to me if she stands trial as an adult or not. She made a decision in life that cost another child their life, if i was the parent of the victim i would want them locked away as well. Im just not that forgiving no matter how old the are.
    You're correct. As a parent, if this were to happen to my little girl, I'd want an eye for an eye. i know its not very Catholic of me, but there is no excuse in this world that could justify an action like this.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information