Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sources: Ray Rice gets 2-game ban

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: Ray Rice gets 2-game ban

The NFL has suspended Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice for the first two games of this season following his offseason arrest on an assault charge, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Rice will be fined $58,000 in addition to the two-game unpaid suspension and will be asked by the NFL to take counseling, a league source told Schefter. Rice will be subject to further discipline if he commits any more violations, according to the source.

Rice's suspension will begin Aug. 30, and he will be eligible for reinstatement on Friday, Sept. 12. The Ravens play a Thursday night game in Week 2 against the Steelers.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...pended-2-games

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Little bit interesting he still got suspended despite not being found guilty of anything. (unless he confessed about it i cant remember)

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Some women on Twitter are outraged - "Smoke some weed and you're banned four games. Knock your fiancee unconscious, only two games."
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Some women on Twitter are outraged - "Smoke some weed and you're banned four games. Knock your fiancee unconscious, only two games."

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Come on everyone, its clear from the video that she tripped & fell down on his fist.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

7. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

He knocked out his old lady and gets two games? Wow.

Incredible. Roger effed that up big time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Can we as a society please take people like Stephen A Smith and Whoopi Goldberg off the tv sets? The last thing women need in this day and age is talking heads who defend domestic abuse against women by blaming the victim. You can still subdue a woman who is hitting you without knocking her the **** out in a elevator. This idea that its ok to assault women just doesnt fly with me whatsoever. We need to put an end to domestic abuse and get people like these yokels off our tv's. NO WOMAN DESERVES TO BE ASSAULTED or ABUSED PERIOD.

In case no one has paid attention Smith said that women should not "provoke" a man and of course Whoopi cushion agreed.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Pretty much bullshit. They really need to have a separation of judge and jury. There should be a panel that decides the punishment. Gooddell shouldn't do both.

12. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Can we as a society please take people like Stephen A Smith and Whoopi Goldberg off the tv sets? The last thing women need in this day and age is talking heads who defend domestic abuse against women by blaming the victim. You can still subdue a woman who is hitting you without knocking her the **** out in a elevator. This idea that its ok to assault women just doesnt fly with me whatsoever. We need to put an end to domestic abuse and get people like these yokels off our tv's. NO WOMAN DESERVES TO BE ASSAULTED or ABUSED PERIOD.

In case no one has paid attention Smith said that women should not "provoke" a man and of course Whoopi cushion agreed.
    I'd imagine he's an abuser with that kind of comment.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I'd imagine he's an abuser with that kind of comment.
    I dont know. I dont want to unfairly speculate but the first thing that popped into my head was the Clinton Portis comments when Vick was arrested for animal cruelty. Even if somehow, someway the african american culture perceives violence against women as "normal" or "accepted". That line of thinking needs to be changed but having people like Smith or Goldberg cementing it while on a media pedestal is doing women a disservice.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

I'm of two minds here. I've never struck a woman in anger and never intend to. I don't endorse it. But, in this day of "equal rights" I'm not sure I want to give carte blanche that there is *never* a situation where hitting a woman is justified. If she comes after you with a knife or is high on Angel Dust, I can see a knockout punch as justifiable. If she's attempting to hijack a plane or set off a bomb, i could see hitting her as justifiable. But these situations are extremely rare and my exemptions probably wouldn't go far beyond this.

I am loathe in general to agree with Stephen A. Hole or Whoopi on any topic and probably on this one as well but I also am not ready to agree that there are NO situations where a knockout punch against a woman can be justified. I doubt Ray Rice was in one of those situations although I have known a few women that would not stop verbally attacking someone until you took the situation beyond just words, as if they were baiting you to hit them. In situations like that, I just leave them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    If she comes after you with a knife or is high on Angel Dust, I can see a knockout punch as justifiable. If she's attempting to hijack a plane or set off a bomb, i could see hitting her as justifiable. But these situations are extremely rare and my exemptions probably wouldn't go far beyond this.
    Exactly. The situations are very rare and i would even think if a woman comes at you with a knife you can still disarm and subdue her in some capacity. But im addressing the regular stuff that plagues society right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Wasn't Whoopi the one that tried to distinguish between "rape" and "rape rape" while trying to defend someone accused of sexual assault?

18. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

If you're hitting someone, there's a chance you might get knocked out.

The victim spoke to Goodell, asking for the least penalty possible.

The guys getting trouble for weed has to do with multiple offenses. If this happens again, I can see Rice out for the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Vikings assistant ,Mike Priefer is suspended for 3 games for anti gay comments in front of chris kluwe. Obvious the NFL is more concerned about gays than battered women.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information