Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: From Ellis & Elway press conferences today

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Thanks for posting those Tned. I really like what Ellis said about the Broncos being a public trust. That he didn't want to deceive the fans but it is really hard for him to reveal something this private.

I did not know that he had 7 children and the many of them are working either for the Broncos or the NFL. I actually found this information comforting. I know that Joe and John will continue to follow the wishes of Mr. Bowlen and the Broncos are in good hands. Today was just tough and that only means that we all love the same thing and that's not a bad thing.
    Getting Stoked

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Thanks for posting those Tned. I really like what Ellis said about the Broncos being a public trust. That he didn't want to deceive the fans but it is really hard for him to reveal something this private.

I did not know that he had 7 children and the many of them are working either for the Broncos or the NFL. I actually found this information comforting. I know that Joe and John will continue to follow the wishes of Mr. Bowlen and the Broncos are in good hands. Today was just tough and that only means that we all love the same thing and that's not a bad thing.
    I was surprised to read in the DP article this morning that several of his children were working for the Broncos or NFL. Up to this point, I sort of had the impression that it was just him, and that the children didn't really have interest in the Broncos (might be overstating that, but with other sports teams, you often hear more about other family members in the organization).

3. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Ok, Elway and Ellis' full press conferences are now up on DB.com. When I looked earlier, only the short ones are there. These are now longer than the youtube videos I posed, so probably include the question and answer sessions:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...nt-videos.html

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, Elway and Ellis' full press conferences are now up on DB.com. When I looked earlier, only the short ones are there. These are now longer than the youtube videos I posed, so probably include the question and answer sessions:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...nt-videos.html
    Thanks for doing that Tned....after I stopped crying I did enjoy hearing what John had to say about going forward.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that didn't know about several of his children being involved in the NFL. In the back of my mind I had thought that was the reason that they brought John in to take over as a owner DTR. I'm going to assume that the reason we have not read about them is that they needed to learn the business from the bottom up, so that's a very good thing for the Bronco Family.
    Getting Stoked

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Thanks for doing that Tned....after I stopped crying I did enjoy hearing what John had to say about going forward.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that didn't know about several of his children being involved in the NFL. In the back of my mind I had thought that was the reason that they brought John in to take over as a owner DTR. I'm going to assume that the reason we have not read about them is that they needed to learn the business from the bottom up, so that's a very good thing for the Bronco Family.
    Plus, based on what Joe said, Mr. Bowlen was very private and felt the Broncos should be in the public spot light, not the Bowlens. I can only speculate, but based on all we are hearing, I'm guessing that wasn't just because he wanted his privacy, but instead his belief that it should all be about the "Broncos" rather than his "ownership" of the Broncos. In stark contrast to Jerry Jones and the Cowboys for instance.

8. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

^^ Amen to that Tned....man we are so lucky and today I'm finding out just how very, very lucky we are to have had Mr. Bowlen buy the team.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Joe Ellis, ugh.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

apparently since Mr Bowlen bought the team, only 2 other teams have a better winning record and i think only the Pats have been to more superbowls (but i could be wrong about the specifics of the success - either way, since he took ownership, we have had some run.)

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information