Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Bowlen is stepping down, coping with Alzheimer's

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Now it's Elway time. . .

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

The Broncos have been a competitive team for the entirety of Bowlen's ownership. A few years ago, there were rumblings that Bowlen's health was deteriorating and today we find out that the speculation was not just speculation. It was clear that Bowlen cared more about the success of the team than the success of his wallet. Bowlen's standard was always that the Broncos should compete for a Super Bowl every year, and as a fan I am glad that the owner of the team is all about winning. Bowlen kept arrogant coaches and GMs from dropping those standards. "Rebuilding" was not a word that Bowlen ever let go through the team facilities. He weeded out Shannahan and McDaniels right as they felt their seats were comfy despite missing the playoffs for a combined five consecutive seasons rather than lose his fanbase and his franchise. We were all frustrated during that drought, but to have an owner that is just as frustrated and actually cares about the success of his team is something that will be sorely missed. I hope whoever in the Bowlen family that takes the reigns shares that same love for the franchise that Pat did. Wish him the best.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    No hon you're not the only one. I didn't at first because I kind of knew what was going on. But watching Joe Ellis press conference I started to cry....the reality of it all was so out there.
    I knew something was off, but hearing it and hearing that he now travels with a caretaker and such just stinks. He took such good care of us fans with the product that it stinks to see him go through this. It's just such a brutal disease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Was thinking back to when the broncos practiced in Greeley. Pat Bowlen used to ride his bike from denver to greeley.Anyone remember that? I think he did triathlons back then.

Quote Originally Posted by KC is a toilet View Post

Nah, that's what we tell the Chiefs every year. Inbred idiots.

9. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

That MB is full of scumbag pieces of shit. I loved trolling their whiney asses after the Chefs/Colts playoff game. No bigger group of idiots in the world than Chefs fans.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Yeah, I'm leaving that one un-clicked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

mark schlereth @markschlereth · 5h

Mr B is a great owner who's passion for winning was only surpassed by his passion for the People in the Broncos organization #prayersforpat

Retweeted by mark schlereth
    NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL · 5h

“Pat Bowlen set a standard, which was: There is no right way to do something wrong. I appreciate that”-Mark Schlereth

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Danny Trevathan ✔ @Grindin_59

Want to take this time to send a special Thanks to Mr. Bowlen for taking a chance on a young but ready individual. You are appreciated! ✊
    1:59 PM - 23 Jul 2014

Brady Quinn ✔ @3rd_Goal

Thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Pat Bowlen. One of the best in the business and runs nothing but a first class organization @Broncos.
    5:03 AM - 23 Jul 2014

Jake Plummer @snakestakes · 5h

Pat Bowlen.....the best owner in all sports, always took care of his players first and foremost. He knows what it takes to win #300winsin30

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Wow, the shannon sharpe hall of fame story and fur coat story were pretty dang cool...I hope they will put pat in the hof next year

17. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

This makes me feel old too.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

From a search, I'm disappointed Shanahan hasn't said or posted anything...that's looking bad, Mike.

The quotes from players -- successful in Denver or not coming out for volumes really speaks volumes about the man.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 07-23-2014 at 08:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Now it's Elway time. . .
    Now doesn't really seem like the time--but Elway cemented as a permanent fixture via minority or majority ownership really seems right in the near-ish future. Am sure Pat would/would have still wanted that.

Is the whole Kaiser deal out of the way if the Bowlen family wants to sell some of the team? BTW who owns the parts of the team Bowlen doesn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    From a search, I'm disappointed Shanahan hasn't said or posted anything...

The quotes from players -- successful in Denver or not coming out for volumes really speaks volumes about the man.
    IIRC, Shanahan wasn't even doing text messaging until he got fired from Denver and took a year off to pick up new technology. Obviously, with him not being on social media the only way he is going to be quoted is if a journalist actually interviews him. While modern technology and instant feedback is great, I'm not going to rag on someone for not having an instant public response to an event.

Bowlen's wife already stated that the plan is to keep the Broncos organization in the family. http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/07/2...medium=twitter Here is some speculation on the subject, but the immediate plan is obviously to have Joe Ellis and John Elway run the organization until Pat actually passes away. The Kaiser right of first refusal is no longer in effect because Kaiser passed away.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information