Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Bowlen is stepping down, coping with Alzheimer's

Best wishes Mr. Bowlen. Thank you for all your time and effort to make the Broncos team and organization the best that it can be. You made it easy for us fans to be proud of the orange and blue. Hopefully the team can bring home another championship or two for him. I also hope the vision and standards he has established will continue so long as the team is around.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived SWotRR For This Post:

3. Default

I have gone through this disease with my Grandpa and seen first hand how emotionally taxing it is for all involved. It's a real reminder of the things we take for granted and to appreciate the time we have together. Nobody should have to lose every ounce of themselves piece by piece.

I can't help but shed a tear at this news. Although it has long been speculated and most in the know had subtlety hinted at this, it's a very sad day. First and foremost, it breaks my heart that Pat, Annabel, his children and his friends and family have to suffer through this horrible, heartless, unfair disease - life isn't fair; something which rings more true when a person like Mr. B, probably the most passionate, genuine, humble, classy, compassionate, and straight up good person you'll ever meet has to go through something like this. Words can't begin to encapsulate this man and what he's done for Denver, Colorado and the rest of the NFL. It will be tough not seeing him on the sidelines at games just as I'm sure it will be tough on the players and personnel not seeing him around Dove Valley and Mile High.

My best to Pat Bowlen and his family, keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. And I think I speak for all Broncos fans when I say that this year, we're winning it all for Mr. B. Get it done boys!

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan (2) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Reactions pour in to Pat Bowlen giving up control of Broncos

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Current and former Broncos players — as well as those from around the NFL — took to Twitter and social media on Wednesday morning as word came that owner Pat Bowlen was relinquishing control of the organization as he battles Alzheimer’s disease.

A sampling of the reaction:

Denver Broncos ✔ @Broncos

Retweet to show your support for Denver Broncos Owner Pat Bowlen in his fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
    6:57 AM - 23 Jul 2014

John Elway ✔ @johnelway

Mr. B is a Hall of Fame owner and a great friend. This is a sad day for all of us. We support him, respect him & stand by him 100 percent!

Robert Ayers Jr ✔ @1_900_ayersjr

FOR 5 YEARS OF MY LIFE FROM 2009-2013 I HAD THE HONOR OF PLAYING FOR MR. PAT BOWLEN.. A MAN THAT… http://instagram.com/p/qyyFTgyUD1/

Elvis Dumervil ✔ @EKD92

I'm so very grateful to have began my career as a Denver Bronco and to have been under the leadership of a owner like Pat Bowlen#1stClass

Zane Beadles ✔ @zanebeadles

I didn't know Mr B well, but his leadership was always evident. I feel fortunate to have started my career in Denver #PrayersForMrB @Broncos

Brennan Clay @BrennanClay24

Sad day for #broncoscountry ..prayers are with Mr. Pat Bowlen and his family ..we support you in your fight ..

Ed McCaffrey @87ed

Words can't express the love, respect & gratitude I have for Pat Bowlen. He set the standard for team ownership. Keep Mr. B in your prayers.

byron chamberlain ✔ @bc_chamberlain

Sad news to hear Pat Bowlen will be stepping down from the #Broncos Thank You for all you've done for me, my family

Bernard Kosar @BernieKosarQB

Football training Camp in the air,PRAYERS for Pat Bowlen,His leadership should be an Example To Others

OU Club of Colorado @OUClubofCO

Our thoughts & prayers are with Pat #Bowlen & his family as they deal with that terrible disease. Stay Sooner Strong!

Peter King ✔ @SI_PeterKing

Best wishes to Pat Bowlen and his family as he battles Alzheimer's.

Josina Anderson ✔ @JosinaAnderson

#Broncos owner Pat Bowlen is a class act with a blue chip organization. Every time I ran into him he said hello or gave out a friendly hug.

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer

Pat Bowlen is the only owner in NFL history to get to 300 wins in his first 30 seasons, and has been to a record-tying six Super Bowls.

http://kdvr.com/2014/07/23/reactions...ol-of-broncos/

Will Blackmon ✔ @willblackmon

Praying for #PatBowlen #Broncos
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 07-23-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following 8 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

That's a bummer. Great owner, often underappreciated.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default NFL video on Mr. B

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Great owner, and a man who really represented the city and the NFL well. Alzheimers is such a brutal disease.

It also explains why he seemed so out of touch with the McDaniels disaster.

12. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Twitter Reactions to Pat Bowlen’s Resignation from Players, Media, and Fans

Brian Dawkins ✔ @BrianDawkins

Want to take this moment to thank Mr Bowlen for taking a chance on me & bringing me to where I still reside. Here in Denver!! #Prayers

Jim Saccomano @broncos_sacco

Thanks to all those who have such kinds words regarding Pat Bowlen. One of those times when I have 1,000s of thoughts... #fb

DBC_Eboni @DBC_Eboni

@BroncosCheer were truly blessed to have you.You took great care of us & for that we are so grateful Thanks for 30 outstanding yrs Mr Bowlen

DBC_Ashley @DBC_Ashley

Thank you Mr. Bowlen for 30 wonderful years w/ the @Broncos!! DBC is better having had your support & now we support you.. #ThisOnesForYou

Michelle Beisner ✔ @MichelleBeisner

Professionally, @Broncos owner Pat Bowlen gave me sound advice and guidance. I will forever be indebted to him. #ThankYouMrBowlen #prayin4U

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter

Pat Bowlen steps down as Broncos' owner due to Alzheimer's, per the Denver Post. Bowlen is one of best owners in all of sports.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi

In many ways, Pat Bowlen was the perfect owner. Smart. Ultra competitive. Did anything to win. Did anything to avoid the spotlight.

Andy Lindahl @andy850KOA

Denver has been lucky to have Mr. Bowlen. So many players you talk to speak of their love for him. He set the tone for what this has become.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

14. The Following 7 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Am I the only sappy dumbass that cried when I read this stuff this morning?
    Cry, no. But, I was really bumbed this morning when I woke up to the news. Even though it's not too surprising considering the previous reports and lack of public speaking appearances for quite some time, it's still very sad. I've been really hoping the Broncos would win a SB soon enough for Mr. Bowlen to enjoy it. Hopefully, they can this year and he will/can.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

No hon you're not the only one. I didn't at first because I kind of knew what was going on. But watching Joe Ellis press conference I started to cry....the reality of it all was so out there.
    Getting Stoked

18. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

OK now seeing John trying to not loose it is making me sob like a baby.... What a sad, sad day for all of Bronco Country.
    Getting Stoked

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

So anyone else that's watching this press conference, man John is special.... He was so broken up but once he started talking football he is bringing back that hope that we have a special team and they need to work as a team.
    Getting Stoked

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Joe Ellis spoke first, John has been speaking for a while, and is still speaking. When this is all over, I will start a new thread, which will include all, but if anyone wants to watch now - I think Coach Fox will also speak after #7

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...e-b3be35686e8a

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I'm getting there...

Is Bowlen in attendance?
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I'm getting there...

Is Bowlen in attendance?
    I don't think so. Both Mr. Ellis and John said that it was the first day he didn't walk through the door. I think it would just be to hard on him and the family to be there. Plus they want to protect his privacy and keep the press away.
    Getting Stoked

27. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Joe Ellis spoke first, John has been speaking for a while, and is still speaking. When this is all over, I will start a new thread, which will include all, but if anyone wants to watch now - I think Coach Fox will also speak after #7

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...e-b3be35686e8a
    Thank you so much Carol for keeping everyone up to date with what's going on. Even in the really sad days it helps to see we are all in the same boat and this is tough on everyone.
    Getting Stoked

29. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information