Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Bowlen is stepping down, coping with Alzheimer's

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Don't the Broncos have the 2nd most wins in the NFL since he took over?
    Yeah, according to their media guide, they're second only to SF in wins since 1984. They also have the fewest losing seasons (five) in that time period. It's a reminder of just how successful we have been with Bowlen at the head. Hell, I'm too young to even remember any time before the Bowlen era.

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

This is sad. He is the best owner the Broncos ever had.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

My thoughts and prayers are with Pat Bowlen and his family as he deals with and fights this devastating disease/condition.

He definitely was a great owner for the Broncos. I just wish he had kept the stadium name of Mile High rather than going with the convoluted Invesco at Mile High Stadium or whatever its official name is.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Best wishes to pat and his family. This truly sucks.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Getting old sucks ass
    He's really not that old. Would have been just past retirement age when the rumors set in.

That's truly sad news. There is no dignity at the end with that disease. Heartbreaking to hear anyone diagnosed with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Good luck Pat and to your family. Wow sad

Thanks MasterShake!!!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Ugh. Same thing with Pat Summit. I really don't like this disease.

Am I the only sappy dumbass that cried when I read this stuff this morning?

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Statement from Pat Bowlen's wife, Annabel, on Mr. B. turning over control of the Denver Broncos:
    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos on Wednesday released the following statement from Annabel Bowlen, wife of Broncos Owner Pat Bowlen:
    “As many in the Denver community and around the National Football League have speculated, my husband, Pat, has very bravely and quietly battled Alzheimer’s disease for the last few years. He has elected to keep his condition private because he has strongly believed, and often said, ‘It’s not about me.’
    “Pat has always wanted the focus to be solely on the Denver Broncos and the great fans who have supported this team with such passion during his 30 years as owner. My family is deeply saddened that Pat’s health no longer allows him to oversee the Broncos, which has led to this public acknowledgment of such a personal health condition.
    “Alzheimer’s has taken so much from Pat, but it will never take away his love for the Denver Broncos and his sincere appreciation for the fans.
    “My family will stand strong with Pat as he continues his courageous fight against a disease that is unfortunately all too common. One in nine people age 65 and older has Alzheimer’s, and my family is experiencing the same difficult emotions that so many have felt when someone they love and respect is afflicted with this condition.
    “Although we wish Pat were in better health, he developed a plan many years ago for the continuation of his values with the hope of keeping the Broncos in the Bowlen family. I know that his goals will be effectively implemented by Joe Ellis, who has worked with Pat for nearly his entire ownership of the Broncos.
    “Long-term, I fully support Pat’s hope of keeping the Denver Broncos in the Bowlen family.
    “I am extremely proud of Pat’s incredible accomplishments as owner of the Broncos, most notably the winning tradition he has established and the positive impact he has made in our community. Pat would be the first to say that none of the Broncos’ success would be possible without the players, coaches, employees and fans whom he’s shared such a strong connection with over the years.
    “On behalf of Pat and the rest of my family, I want to thank all Broncos fans for their overwhelming support and how respectful they continue to be of his privacy. We look forward to sharing many more successful seasons of Denver Broncos football with you.”

Got off 104.3 The Fan's Facebook page.

17. The Following 11 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Usually glad that I tend to be loyal to the colors and the logo and not the names so much. Saves a lot of grief.

19. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

good luck to him and his family

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Don't the Broncos have the 2nd most wins in the NFL since he took over?
    I think the media guide referenced above includes playoff wins, because regular season Denver (1983-2013) is third behind San Francisco and New England. And New England has just one more win and .002 better winning percentage (.604 to .602, NE 299-196-0, Den 298-196-1).

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

This is really sad. About 4 years ago when I saw him I knew something was different, his hand was starting to shake. Then last year he could no longer drive himself anywhere and I had heard it was Alzheimer from several different people, but he was still trying to be Mr. Bowlen. This year when I saw him he had not only a driver but it looked like a caretaker with him. Every time I saw him I told him how grateful I was to everything he has done for the Denver Broncos. It's interesting that the last major decision he made was the total remodel of Dove Valley, including a inside practice field. Even as he has struggled he is still trying to do the best thing for the team.

He and his family will be in my prayers.
    Getting Stoked

24. The Following 11 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Dear Mr. B

My sincerest thanks - you are definitely a "first class" person, who did whatever it took to give Denver Broncos fans everywhere, a "first class" organization, rather than just wanting to line your pockets.

God Bless you and your family. Mr. B, you are definitely the BEST

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

26. The Following 11 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

28. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information