Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
The first time I had direct was in 2010. A minor but irritating issue, they had my first and last name wrong. Right initials but wrong name. They said they couldn’t fix it. So I stuck with it. Then I moved. I had the ATT internet and DTV tv bundled. When I got to the new location the installation tech said the receiver isn’t working right and for permission to replace it with one he had in his truck. It worked but I was wrongly charged $200 on my bill. They said it was their mistake but they had already paid that money to ATT. I needed to pay it and then get reimbursed. I refused to pay it and my service was suspended for nonpayment. Finally after trying everything I found the number for the VP of directv customer service. I left a message and he called me back. While on the phone he started my service back, removed my fee, and even fixed my name.

Evetnually i move to phoenix and was able to cancel service because they couldn’t find signal at my apartment. It was a relief.

Fast forward to a few months ago. I was on the phone with ATT. They talked me into getting directv again. Promising me that their service was much better since the buyout from att or whatever happened. I had it for a little over 30 days. I could never log in to my account online. When I called customer service they couldn’t find my account. When I went to an att store I was finally able to pay my bill. Then I figured out a way to access my account with a username. It still won’t work with my email address. So I can’t access the HBO app or anything that needs my directv email and a password to access it. When I tried to cancel I explained that I only started my service because I was assured everything was much better and that was obviously not the case. They said it was too late to cancel because you only have like 24-48 hours after the installation date. So I’m stuck with directv until my contract is up. Oh. And when I signed up I was promised a $400 visa gift card. I got $100 instead.
Man. I am sorry you had to go through this.