Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Airlines flight 17

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Default Malaysia Airlines flight 17

No one started a thread? I realize it's all that's on the news and everything right now but I'd like ot hear everyone's conspiracy theories.

Do you think whoever shot it down knew it was a passenger plane (how could they not?)

I read this morning that there were over 100 AIDS activists and researchers on the plane heading to a convention in Australia. Of course, the conspiracy theorists are already having a field day with this information.

It's been rumored that the separatists have the black boxes? I wonder how we will get any info if we cant get a hold of those.

How much does the American government get involved in this situation?

Do you think anyone on the plane survived the missile strike or do you think they never knew what hit them? What about the pilots - do you think they could have seen something on the radar?

Has there been any information from the airlines about the last communication they had with the plane?

(My apologies if there is already a thread on this but I didnt see one)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Seems like they thought it was a military aircraft until after they shot it down. That plane was about 6 miles in the air. I dont understand why they would be flying a commercial airliner over a war zone. That is what seems really stupid. Maybe it is a common practice, I dont know

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Well they said that plane had taken that route three times in the past week or so but strayed a bit north of the first two flight paths

But I agree I think no commercial jet should be flying over any of these countries right now and I guaranfrickingtee you I would be checking my flight path if I were boarding a plane that could possibly be traveling over a war zone

I wonder if Malayasia Airlines will be more liable for the deaths since they decided to fly over a war zone

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Dipshit flew over a war zone. I don't think there's much conspiracy to it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Dipshit flew over a war zone. I don't think there's much conspiracy to it.
    Certainly no conspiracy, but it's a regular route, and routine flight plan that had been filed and approved etc.

The dumbass Russians. .. er, sorry, "Pro-Russian Separatists" mistook it for a military flight and shot it down.

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I wish Reagan were here to handle this. I have a feeling big O is about to embarrass himself again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

They had to take a more northern route due to thunderstorms along the regular route.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I wish Reagan were here to handle this. I have a feeling big O is about to embarrass himself again.
    I agree. We could use someone who knows first hand what it's like to be a leader of a super power nation that supplies insurgent forces with weapons.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Don't see how a lot of conspiracy here. Basically, somebody with a buk (sa-17 SAM) was a dumbass and mistook the 777 for a military transport. The sa-17's operate on their own radar system and I'd bet it wasn't the most recent version out there.

To answer some of OB's questions the pilots likely had no clue, unless they saw the smoke trail coming up which is unlikely, and even if they did there wouldn't have been anything they could do, commercial flights don't exactly come equipped with chaffs (radar seeking missle countermeasures), they were dead the second the missle launched basically. Black box probably wouldn't reveal a lot other than a large boom and maybe some garbled screaming....and no....a 777 eating a SAM at 33,000 ft is pretty much the definition of unsurvivable.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I just really hope that for the sake of those on board they had no clue - just once second everything is ok and the next second gone and off to whatever afterlife there may be

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    I just really hope that for the sake of those on board they had no clue - just once second everything is ok and the next second gone and off to whatever afterlife there may be
    Even if they survived the explosion they wouldn't have been conscious for long, not enough oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    Well they said that plane had taken that route three times in the past week or so but strayed a bit north of the first two flight paths

But I agree I think no commercial jet should be flying over any of these countries right now and I guaranfrickingtee you I would be checking my flight path if I were boarding a plane that could possibly be traveling over a war zone

I wonder if Malayasia Airlines will be more liable for the deaths since they decided to fly over a war zone
    Looks like commercial aircraft are avoiding Ukranian airspace now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BsxGBpjCYAEfTGm.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	5014

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    Looks like commercial aircraft are avoiding Ukranian airspace now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BsxGBpjCYAEfTGm.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	5014
    Am I the only one that freaks out when they see how many planes are in the air at one time. There's some site where you can actually follow the planes in"real time" (like 30 minute delay) but it's kind of freaky

There have been warnings for airlines to avoid Ukranian airspace since at least April because of the conflict

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...raine-airspace

I'm sure Obama will condemn the actions with great anger.

Then he'll move on to discussig free medical care for illegal aliens. I'm so glad we live in a country where I have to prove I have insurance, but not citizenship. What a freakin' joke.

\end rant

20. The Following 8 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information