Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Source: Cleveland Cavaliers now willing to include Andrew Wiggins in Kevin Love trade offer

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Source: Cleveland Cavaliers now willing to include Andrew Wiggins in Kevin Love trade offer

Ever since LeBron James returned to Cleveland, talks have intensified for All-Star power forward Kevin Love.

Rumors have surfaced that the Cavaliers wouldn't include rookie swingman Andrew Wiggins in any possible deal for the Minnesota Timberwolves' star.

A league source said on July 17 that the Cavs are now willing to trade the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 draft.
    AND

However, a source said James wants the 6-10, 250-pound Love on the roster.

And, what James wants, he normally gets.
    full article - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...andrew-wiggins

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This was going to happen, at some point. Irving, James and Love are pretty complimentary players. Not sure where Wiggins fits in there.

Will be fun to see him with Ricky Rubio, who has the greatest big-voice name ever, btw.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I really hope there is a way the Cavs can do it without Wiggins, but it doesn't look like it. Would have been fun to see he and LeBron play together. Love definitely is a better fit though.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

If they trade wiggins I hope they include thompson and bennett in the deal so team canada stays together

Thanks MasterShake!!!

I'd love to see Love and James together. They will be fine without Wiggins. They already have a good shooting guard on the roster anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'd love to see Love and James together. They will be fine without Wiggins. They already have a good shooting guard on the roster anyway.
    Wiggins is more of a swing forward/slasher, he's not just a shooting guard. They could play him at the 3, Love at the 4, Irving at the 1 and LeBron at the 2 (mostly for defensive purposes), with Varajao at the 5 and Miller and Bennett off the bench. That's if they could swing the trade without Wiggins. But you're right, they'd be fine without Wiggins, though I'm not sure who the shooting guard you're referring to is.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Wiggins is more of a swing forward/slasher, he's not just a shooting guard. They could play him at the 3, Love at the 4, Irving at the 1 and LeBron at the 2 (mostly for defensive purposes), with Varajao at the 5 and Miller and Bennett off the bench. That's if they could swing the trade without Wiggins. But you're right, they'd be fine without Wiggins, though I'm not sure who the shooting guard you're referring to is.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6628/dion-waiters

Adopted Bronco:

If I'm Minnesota I dont do this deal without Wiggins and Bennett involved. But if I'm Cleveland, I have to tread carefully. LBJ is only on a 2 year deal and who knows if this organization can get their shit together in that time frame. If not...he could leave again. If that happens, it would be nice to have Wiggins and his potential as the heir to the throne in Cleveland. Basically it comes down to betting your future on a few years of success.

The other thing to look at is the value Love brings. Chris Bosh was a 24-11 guy in Toronto when he was the only option. After teaming with LBJ and Wade, his best season was 18-8. Love's numbers will likely take a hit, plus he isnt as athletic as Bosh or as good defensively. Basically you are bringing in Love for rebounding and complimentary scoring. Is an 18-8 guy who is a slug on the court worth giving up your future?

9. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If I'm Minnesota I dont do this deal without Wiggins and Bennett involved. But if I'm Cleveland, I have to tread carefully. LBJ is only on a 2 year deal and who knows if this organization can get their shit together in that time frame. If not...he could leave again. If that happens, it would be nice to have Wiggins and his potential as the heir to the throne in Cleveland. Basically it comes down to betting your future on a few years of success.

The other thing to look at is the value Love brings. Chris Bosh was a 24-11 guy in Toronto when he was the only option. After teaming with LBJ and Wade, his best season was 18-8. Love's numbers will likely take a hit, plus he isnt as athletic as Bosh or as good defensively. Basically you are bringing in Love for rebounding and complimentary scoring. Is an 18-8 guy who is a slug on the court worth giving up your future?

I don't think Love's offensive numbers would take much of a hit because he's an exceptional outside shooter...Bosh not so much. He'd be the best outside shooter the Cav's have. He's also one of the best rebounders in the game. Didn't he win the rebounding title last year? IMO, Bosh is not in the same class as Love.

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

I don't think Love's offensive numbers would take much of a hit because he's an exceptional outside shooter...Bosh not so much. He'd be the best outside shooter the Cav's have. He's also one of the best rebounders in the game. Didn't he win the rebounding title last year? IMO, Bosh is not in the same class as Love.
    But from a numbers standpoint he was. And do you really see him getting as many opportunities as he does in Minnesota while playing 3rd fiddle to LBJ and Irving?

Anything is possible, but I wouldn't give up my organizations future for a few years of a big man that can't run the floor or play defense. Just my opinion.

But from a numbers standpoint he was. And do you really see him getting as many opportunities as he does in Minnesota while playing 3rd fiddle to LBJ and Irving?

Anything is possible, but I wouldn't give up my organizations future for a few years of a big man that can't run the floor or play defense. Just my opinion.
    I'd want him for his rebounding and passing ability. Bosh was so soft at times it frustrated the crap out of me. I think the fast breaks he'd start in Cleveland would be a thing of beauty.

It's too bad they don't want to wait and see how it goes with the youth,.

Wiggins I think would be a great fit with LeBron. He doesn't dominate the ball, he's an exceptional open floor runner and has crazy ability as a slasher, and he can hit open 3's and shots.

More importantly, he will guard the other team's best player night in and out, and will be damn good at it.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Cavs OK Wiggins, Bennett in deal

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Cleveland Cavaliers have discussed a blockbuster trade centered on Kevin Love and the league's past two No. 1 draft picks, league sources told ESPN.

In an attempt to add Love, a three-time All-Star, the Cavaliers are willing to part with Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett.

One source said the Cavs also are willing to give up a first-round draft pick for next season. Any other players involved in the talks are not known.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...nthony-bennett

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think they're giving up way to much for Love if they include Wiggins.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information