Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Station Changing Bands

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Default Station Changing Bands

OK, which bands or artists, who appear on a station you normally like and listen to, will cause you to change the station ASAP if this is an option? My new vehicle has Sirius XM, and I can change the station with a button on the steering wheel...hence I have not had to listen to more than 4 seconds of any song by Green Day, Rage Against the Machine, or the appalling Morrissey since I bought the car and figured this out

As for Green Day and RATM they just blow. I would rather step on a nail or poop my pants than listen to Zack De La Rocha or Mike Dirnt sing.

I crack up my 12 year old by pretending to sob uncontrollably any time a Song by Morrissey or The Smiths comes on the radio

"If a ten ton truck
    killed the two of us
    to die by your side
    why the pleasure, the privilege is mine"

Yech. Morrissey practically invented Emo. To hear him pour out his heart and soul is to want to give him a thrashing
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Rage and Green day:win.

Im gonna buy a $5000 sound system and park outside of dreads house with long view (complete with obnoxious dirnt baseline) playing on infinite loop.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Rage and Green day:win.

Im gonna buy a $5000 sound system and park outside of dreads house with long view (complete with obnoxious dirnt baseline) playing on infinite loop.

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Sting. Ugh. I have this weird viscerally angry reaction every time he comes on. Like, "How the hell could anyone ever like this?"

Also, Beyonce. Everything she does is so over-the-top that she's just a parody of herself.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Sting. Ugh. I have this weird viscerally angry reaction every time he comes on. Like, "How the hell could anyone ever like this?"

Also, Beyonce. Everything she does is so over-the-top that she's just a parody of herself.

My ex wife LOVED Sting. He makes me think of her. Then I get pissed. Plus of course he sucks, as you rightly noted

9. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

I'm gonna play the obvious nickleback card.

....and I'm gonna get flack for this one but I can't stand Fleetwood mac.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I'm gonna play the obvious nickleback card.

....and I'm gonna get flack for this one but I can't stand Fleetwood mac.

No flack from me on Fleetwood Mac. Boring in the extreme. "Adult Contemporary" is an awful genre, and they epitomize it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i dont listen to music when i drive. Makes me road rage. When Ludacris comes on and says "Move Bitch Get out the Way" I feel like flooring to 100 in my cherokee.

I listen to the comedy radio station so im always in a good mood

I like to listen to classic rock from time to time but if a Bob Seger song comes on the channel gets changed.

15. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I like to listen to classic rock from time to time but if a Bob Seger song comes on the channel gets changed.
    Dude, turn the page is a classic.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Rage rocks. Early Green Day rocks. When I Come Around is an all-time song. Later stuff...meh.

Beyoncé is one for me. I can't think of too many others. Mostly just pop music like Beyoncé.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Any artist whose stage name starts with DJ or has the word "ice" in it.

Specific artists would be U2(I know everyone loves them, but I sure as **** dont), The Beatles (again, I KNOW), and Smashing Pumpkins (I get it.....)

On a side note, that dude that sings for Smashing Pumpkins has the worst voice in all of recorded history, it is literally like listening to a cat screech while simultaneously scratching a chalkboard.

Flame away
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Any artist whose stage name starts with DJ or has the word "ice" in it.

Specific artists would be U2(I know everyone loves them, but I sure as **** dont), The Beatles (again, I KNOW), and Smashing Pumpkins (I get it.....)

On a side note, that dude that sings for Smashing Pumpkins has the worst voice in all of recorded history, it is literally like listening to a cat screech while simultaneously scratching a chalkboard.

Flame away
    I used to Love Smashing Pumpkins...but, yeah. Billy Corgan is awful, and he takes himself very seriously indeed. The Beatles - agreed. They define overrated.

You and I must part company on U2. I love U2. I have since their first album, and I still love them.

To Slick: Bob Seger blows goats. He is simply awful. Unlistenable. I would listen to freakin' Journey before I would listen to him.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Dude, turn the page is a classic.
    It's terrible. Metallica covering it broke my heart even though they were already old farts.

I also forgot Bruce Springsteen. He is just awful.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Seger and journey hate in one post. This will not stand.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information