Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Station Changing Bands

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I HATE Sublime. They get the instant axe every single time.
    Oh yeah. I liked Sublime at one point, but someone decided they needed to be represented once an hour for eternity. So now agree fully there.

On Foo Fighters, those "Best of You" and "My Hero" songs are simply abysmal. Vomit-inducing. "Is someone getting the BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST"...oh my God. Just kill me and dump my body in a ditch.

Earlier stuff is tolerable I guess if unremarkable--but overall Grohl gets a pass from me with his overall good-guy-ness and really has enough goodwill in the bank to put out stinkers from time to time.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 07-11-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

2. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I can listen to just about anything, even Springsteen (who I like a lot) and Fleetwood Mac (which is probably my favorite band ever).

Rap and Hip Hop? Change the station.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Oh yeah. I liked Sublime at one point, but someone decided they needed to be represented once an hour for eternity. So now agree fully there.

On Foo Fighters, those "Best of You" and "My Hero" songs are simply abysmal. Vomit-inducing. "Is someone getting the BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST"...oh my God. Just kill me and dump my body in a ditch.

Earlier stuff is tolerable I guess if unremarkable--but overall Grohl gets a pass from me with his overall good-guy-ness and really has enough goodwill in the bank to put out stinkers from time to time.
    Disagree on Sublime. Totally agree on Foo Fighters. It's weird - I used to be a fan of Foo Fighters, and still am a little bit, but somewhere along the way Dave Grohl's voice started to grate on me.

5. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think we should start with a list of what Dreadnaught WILL listen to.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think we should start with a list of what Dreadnaught WILL listen to.
    Its a very very long list, covering a wide range of time and genres. Just off the top of my head, you can start with the Stones, Led Zeppelin, all the English 70's Prog bands, U2, Bowie, Velvet Underground, The Pixies, Porcupine Tree, Any of the early 90's grunge bands, the Cult, Hawkwind, Joy Division, Primus, Sisters of Mercy, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Blue Oyster Cult, the B-52's, White Stripes or almost anything Jack White is involved in, the Offspring, Flaming Lips, Coldplay (yeah, I know. I like 'em. So sue me), any of the Madchester 90's stuff, Jane's Addiction, Muse, Tool, A Perfect Circle, The The, Death Cab for Cutie, Roxy Music, on and on and on

Just not lame shit
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 07-11-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Mars Volta, Dread?

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Mars Volta, Dread?
    No can do, Slick. Again, its the vocals. To me the lead singers sounds just awful with that high falsetto-ish thing he's got going, and I can't get past that so far. A lot of folks swear by them, and I'll admit I haven't spent lots of time listening to a wide array of mars Volta stuff
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

11. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Its a very very long list, covering a wide range of time and genres. Just off the top of my head, you can start with the Stones, Led Zeppelin, all the English 70's Prog bands, U2, Bowie, Velvet Underground, The Pixies, Porcupine Tree, Any of the early 90's grunge bands, the Cult, Hawkwind, Joy Division, Primus, Sisters of Mercy, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Blue Oyster Cult, the B-52's, White Stripes or almost anything Jack White is involved in, the Offspring, Flaming Lips, Coldplay (yeah, I know. I like 'em. So sue me), any of the Madchester 90's stuff, Jane's Addiction, Muse, Tool, A Perfect Circle, The The, Death Cab for Cutie, Roxy Music, on and on and on

Just not lame shit
    A Perfect Circle. . .haven't seen or heard their name in a long time. I loved "Three Libras" back in the day.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I have to ride with Timmy on this one. (Unless he likes the Boss, then we have to part ways)

I like 90% of the bands listed itt: Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, RHCP, Sublime, Mumford and Sons, Bush, U2, Journey. Those are all bands I grew up on and/or continue to enjoy.
    Not a fan off the boss.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    A Perfect Circle. . .haven't seen or heard their name in a long time. I loved "Three Libras" back in the day.
    How about "Judith"?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    i need to know which bands that some of us listed are bands that Timmy disagrees with before I condem his musical tastes. Timmy?

Also, I just listened to a Mumford and Sons song on youtube because I had never heard any of their stuff. Definitely a channel changer. They seem like talented musicians but not my cup of tea.
    See Buffs earlier post. He pretty much nailed it.

Just not lame shit
    A far better list than I was expecting. Guess I'm just not as picky. Probably has something to do with the amount of hours spent in karaoke bars and playing rockband with friends.

Adopted Bronco:

Maynard James Keenan and any band he is associated with is always overrated and horrible to me.

But I'll kick in the country version of this conversation. Any Nashville Pop Country artist immediately gets dismissed. Luke Bryan, Taylor Swift, F-G Line, Jake Owen, Billy Currington, etc. None of them have ANY talent whatsoever and most of their music should be on the pop top 40 and completely disassociated with country music.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

David Derulo
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Rod Smith

Cinderella, maybe the worst singing voice in history.

Individual songs will make me bang buttons until something changes, like Maggie Mae by Rod Stewart, or Roxanne by Sting.

There are many others but I listen to my own carefully selected music most of the time.

21. The Following User High Fived Hardwired For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information