Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Station Changing Bands

i hate smashing pumpkins....couldnt agree more chazzy.

For me it has to be (sorry dave, sharkie etc) that english band that has the song "lion man" - I actually like that song, but all the others I cannot stand. I consider that women music. Every girl I know literally is beyond ridiculous when it comes to that band. 93.3 plays a bunch of that soft almost folk music but not....like soft rock folk? I dont know how to describe it. I hate it! Its a cross between, sorrow, romance love music and a guitar. Shit is depressing and puts me to sleep.

The only other and this is an entire Genre: Country! Cant stand the stuff. The voice inflections and honkey tonks drives me mad.

Journey gets turned up in my car
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

For me it has to be (sorry dave, sharkie etc) that english band that has the song "lion man" - I actually like that song, but all the others I cannot stand. I consider that women music. Every girl I know literally is beyond ridiculous when it comes to that band. 93.3 plays a bunch of that soft almost folk music but not....like soft rock folk? I dont know how to describe it. I hate it! Its a cross between, sorrow, romance love music and a guitar. Shit is depressing and puts me to sleep.

The only other and this is an entire Genre: Country! Cant stand the stuff. The voice inflections and honkey tonks drives me mad.

Mumford and Sons.

You suck, in general, apparently.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Metallica, most hip hop, ac/dc, and the Beatles. I'm sure there's more, but those top my list
    Free Hotcarl!

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

http://youtu.be/88XvpkHS4UE
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Incubus.

I will risk an accident to change the channel if anything by Incubus comes on. The possible damage to my car can't equal the damage to my ears.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Rush. Geddy Lee can suck a dick, then I don't have to listen to his terrible voice.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Good lord. This thread is an abortion.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

I could list so many, but off the top of my head I'll say Bush. I don't get why that useless, derivative band continues to get airplay on alt stations. It's disgusting.

Also on derivative, Silversun Pickups piss me off for their Smashing Pumpkins imitation. **** them.

Anything by RHCP after Blood Sugar gets the hook from me as well.

Those mentioning the Beatles here have lost their minds. I'll let the SP smash stand (even though it's also insane) as the only songs they play by them on radio are 1979 and Bullet With Butterfly Wings, which are played out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I could list so many, but off the top of my head I'll say Bush. I don't get why that useless, derivative band continues to get airplay on alt stations. It's disgusting.

Also on derivative, Silversun Pickups piss me off for their Smashing Pumpkins imitation. **** them.

Anything by RHCP after Blood Sugar gets the hook from me as well.

Those mentioning the Beatles here have lost their minds. I'll let the SP smash stand (even though it's also insane) as the only songs they play by them on radio are 1979 and Bullet With Butterfly Wings, which are played out.
    As for Bush - very much in the same category as the Foo Fighters for me; I won't change the station because they are (usually) not actively annoying, but they have never done anything even vaguely interesting.

I don't mind Silversun Pickups. Good call on Smashing Pumpkins; I think my recent aversion to them is based on overplay of Mellon Collie in general. I can still listen to Siamese Dream and Pisces Iscariot and enjoy them.

I also forgot to metion earlier. I HATE Sublime. They get the instant axe every single time.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

I really like Rush, but I can't deny that Geddy's screechy voice could bther some people. The older Rush albums, when Alex Lifeson played guitar like he still had a pair, are awesome. 2112 and Hemispheres are great albums.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Good lord. This thread is an abortion.
    It has taken a decidedly shitty turn. Not everyone can have our impeccable taste I suppose.

17. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    It has taken a decidedly shitty turn. Not everyone can have our impeccable taste I suppose.
    No, mostly just Timmy! He seems to love everyone who sucks. I bet he likes Springsteen, too.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    No, mostly just Timmy! He seems to love everyone who sucks. I bet he likes Springsteen, too.
    I have to ride with Timmy on this one. (Unless he likes the Boss, then we have to part ways)

I like 90% of the bands listed itt: Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, RHCP, Sublime, Mumford and Sons, Bush, U2, Journey. Those are all bands I grew up on and/or continue to enjoy.

20. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

i need to know which bands that some of us listed are bands that Timmy disagrees with before I condem his musical tastes. Timmy?

Also, I just listened to a Mumford and Sons song on youtube because I had never heard any of their stuff. Definitely a channel changer. They seem like talented musicians but not my cup of tea.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I hate all dance music, anything big bass that doesn't have a guitar and they play in the club, can't stand it.
    I can listen to almost anything else, I am a child of 90s grunge but not limited to it.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information