Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Portable Speakers/Docking Stations/Wireless Speakers

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default Portable Speakers/Docking Stations/Wireless Speakers

Looking for advice on portable speakers, or small speakers compatible with my iPhone and possibly my iPad because I have ditched my stereo in my entertainment stand because it's not compatible to either.

Suggestions, thoughts? Does anyone have one?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

I just bought a sound bar for my TV that was Bluetooth compatible. So I just play my music through the sound bar. 400 watt set-up, so it MORE than fills the house when I crank it up. Cheaper than getting something for my TV AND my tunes.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I have the Beats Pill, it is pretty decent for its size. Great for the beach

Thanks MasterShake!!!

5. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I just bought a sound bar for my TV that was Bluetooth compatible. So I just play my music through the sound bar. 400 watt set-up, so it MORE than fills the house when I crank it up. Cheaper than getting something for my TV AND my tunes.
    How big is it and how much did it cost?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I have the Beats Pill, it is pretty decent for its size. Great for the beach
    I looked at some about four months ago. The guy at Radio Shack said it had a tinny sound.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I looked at some about four months ago. The guy at Radio Shack said it had a tinny sound.
    i dont find that an issue at all. not sound bar quality, but far from tinny

Thanks MasterShake!!!

9. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

How big is it and how much did it cost?
    Mine sits under a 60" tv, so I guess it's probably 40" long and about 2-3" high. It also has a wireless subwoofer that sits off to the side on the floor. You can break the bank with these things...or you can get something really shitty. I researched it for awhile and found the one I got for under $300. Finding the right price/wattage/quality combo was my priority and I am COMPLETELY satisfied with my choice.

Here is the link to the one I have on the LG website. I got it almost a year ago, so I'm sure there are newer models or even better prices on this one.

http://www.lg.com/us/home-theater-sy...theater-system

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    i dont find that an issue at all. not sound bar quality, but far from tinny
    My son's friend has one and had it at the house once. It's not a bad sound...but for the same price or maybe a little more, you can definitely get something better.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

The sound bars all depend on how much you're willing to spend. Bose is awesome but pricey, rocketfish is cheap but garbage. About 400$ will get you a setup you enjoy and will last.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The sound bars all depend on how much you're willing to spend. Bose is awesome but pricey, rocketfish is cheap but garbage. About 400$ will get you a setup you enjoy and will last.
    Yeah...you just have to look at what is important. I suggest best combo of price/quality/wattage...but features is up there too. I love mine and got it for about 300. Might be cheaper now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

I've used Bose in the past and have always liked them. Currently using a Sonos system. Very pleased with it but is wasn't cheap - same range as Bose.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

17. The Following User High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Looking for advice on portable speakers, or small speakers compatible with my iPhone and possibly my iPad because I have ditched my stereo in my entertainment stand because it's not compatible to either.

Suggestions, thoughts? Does anyone have one?
    nothing is incompatible... you could have just connected an apple box to your stereo and used airplay to stream everything to it. There are other options but that one allows you to play everything from your ipad, ipod, iphone, apple tv including streams from youtube and other apps on your devices (not just the media stored on your device)

Now if you dont mind setting something up for 20 minutes, get yourself a respberry pi for $35 and install xbmc and it will do the same thing without the annoying Apple nonsense. Plus everything will be controlled from your apple devices anywhere.
    Last edited by weazel; 07-08-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    nothing is incompatible... you could have just connected an apple box to your stereo and used airplay to stream everything to it. There are other options but that one allows you to play everything from your ipad, ipod, iphone, apple tv including streams from youtube and other apps on your devices (not just the media stored on your device)

Now if you dont mind setting something up for 20 minutes, get yourself a respberry pi for $35 and install xbmc and it will do the same thing without the annoying Apple nonsense. Plus everything will be controlled from your apple devices anywhere.
    I apologize, but I don't know what any of this means. Obviously, we must disagree on Apple products, because I bought them because I like using them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

MO - what's your price range? Are you looking for something that will just play your music? Are you looking for a complete sound system as well (i.e. plays CD's and/or radio)?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    MO - what's your price range? Are you looking for something that will just play your music? Are you looking for a complete sound system as well (i.e. plays CD's and/or radio)?
    I'm not really sure. The sound bar idea is sounding more appealing to me. I haven't even looked in a store yet, though.

A few months back, I looked at portable speakers, i.e., a pill and a couple of others that were at Radio Shack, but just wasn't sure.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information