Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts' LaVon Brazill suspended for at least one year

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Colts' LaVon Brazill suspended for at least one year

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...least-one-year

The NFL continues to roll out the pre-holiday sanctions.

Indianapolis Colts wide receiver LaVon Brazill has been suspended for at least one year without pay for violating the NFL's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse, reports NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

After failing multiple drug tests, Brazill was tagged with a four-game ban to start the 2013 season. He acknowledged last summer that it was time to choose between "money or marijuana."
    meanwhile

Dion Jordan suspended four games for PED violation

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

[QUOTE=ShaneFalco;2202130]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...least-one-year

He acknowledged last summer that it was time to choose between "money or marijuana."
    This needed to be said? Wow...
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

[QUOTE=Shazam!;2202144]
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Yeah, if that's a tough decision for you, you have some serious issues you need to deal with.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

He acknowledged last summer that it was time to choose between "money or marijuana."
    I know some people can function just fine as casual users and put the weed down and walk away whenever they want to but some clearly can't. Yet all we ever hear is that marijuana is "harmless". Well, if you have to decide between smoking grass or earning a living and you can't put the weed down, I'd have to say it isn't "harmless".
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I know some people can function just fine as casual users and put the weed down and walk away whenever they want to but some clearly can't. Yet all we ever hear is that marijuana is "harmless". Well, if you have to decide between smoking grass or earning a living and you can't put the weed down, I'd have to say it isn't "harmless".
    People enjoy it just like anything else. It's giving up something he enjoys. Because he doesn't want to give up something he likes doesn't mean it's addictive or harmful.

He's young and apparently an idiot. Next man up. Hopefully he's prepared to do something else in life.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 07-04-2014 at 10:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Yes, weed can be addictive. Pretty much anything that alters brain chemistry can become an addiction. Sex, weed, booze-you can get hooked on the shit
    http://gottlieb.radio.cbssports.com/...ijuana-addict/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    People enjoy it just like anything else. It's giving up something he enjoys. Because he doesn't want to give up something he likes doesn't mean it's addictive or harmful.

He's young and apparently an idiot. Next man up. Hopefully he's prepared to do something else in life.
    So the fact that weed could end his career and make him go broke isn't harmful?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    So the fact that weed could end his career and make him go broke isn't harmful?
    No. Some people just make bad decisions.

Also, guns don't kill people, people kill people.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 07-04-2014 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

11. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    No. Some people just make bad decisions.

Also, guns don't kill people, people kill people.
    Smoking weed once and getting caught is a bad decision. Doing it over and over and getting caught again and again and having your career as a pro athlete ruined because of it is called an addiction.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Smoking weed once and getting caught is a bad decision. Doing it over and over and getting caught again and again and having your career as a pro athlete ruined because of it is called an addiction.
    That's what so scary about Von Miller. He's already had two strikes. The next is a year's suspension and after that, the next one and he's history. People can say that the NFL is just run by a bunch or old fogeys and behind the times yada yada but not doing drugs is still a prerequisite for being employed as an NFL player where you are highly compensated to play a game. If you have to think for even 10 seconds about whether it is worth smoking that doob or risking $10 million, you've got a major problem.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

what some people dont seem to understand, is that the culture is changing, and most people dont really care at this point. Some people are just at the point where its like " im going to do what i want, and if they want to fine/suspend/or whatever for me doing something that is completely harmless, then they can go for it"

much like this

http://nypost.com/2014/07/02/this-ba...ers-to-majors/

“I’ll just smoke my way onto the 40-man,” the player said.
    What i do find odd, is that people want to jump on the marijuana addiction bandwagon, instead of asking why marijuana suspensions go up to a year versus the 4 games that PEDs get.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

what some people dont seem to understand, is that the culture is changing, and most people dont really care at this point. Some people are just at the point where its like " im going to do what i want, and if they want to fine/suspend/or whatever for me doing something that is completely harmless, then they can go for it"

much like this

http://nypost.com/2014/07/02/this-ba...ers-to-majors/
    What does this have to do with NFL drug policy? As of today, pot is a banned substance in the NFL. If you get caught smoking it time and time again, at the detriment to your career, you're addicted to it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

What does this have to do with NFL drug policy? As of today, pot is a banned substance in the NFL. If you get caught smoking it time and time again, at the detriment to your career, you're addicted to it.
    Or you just dont care about the NFL drug policy because its a joke.

Which it is.

In what world should year long suspensions be doled out for pot while PEDs get 4 games?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Which it is.
    And you get suspended and eventually lose your job. Not liking a rule or not caring about it isn't a valid reason not to follow it.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Which it is.

In what world should year long suspensions be doled out for pot while PEDs get 4 games?
    These suspensions and fines are negotiated with the Players Union as part of the Collective Bargaining Agreement that most pro sports leagues have. IOW, the brothas done sold you out. If you can convince more than half that there should be no punishment for doing drugs, they can take it up with the owners at the next contract. Until then, you gotta lay off or expect to get disciplined. Simple as that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information