Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Been to any good gigs recently?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Nice! Caamp is one of my favorites these past few years.
    I'm trying to get caught up. My wife really wanted to see them and I just go along. Really digging them so far.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

just bought a ticket to see wu-tang clan with the colorado symphony orchestra. . . at red rocks, on my birthday. . . effin' score. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Got tix for Overkill, Demolition Hammer, and Sworn Enemy in November
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

5. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Overkill and DH are fantastic live.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Overkill and DH are fantastic live.
    I'm so pumped. Overkill is vastly unappreciated. Bobby Blitz is the man
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

8. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Going to see Trail of Dead this weekend at the Larimer Lounge. Was kinda so-so about it at first, but their new stuff is good. It's like the old stuff, they didn't do the 'we need to be relevant' thing, they stuck with what they are good at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Going to two big shows this summer, Red Hot Chili Peppers at Empower Field and NIN at Red Rocks and I absolutely hated getting tickets to both through Ticketmaster/AXS. The most recent John Oliver did a great job of explaining why these companies SUCK so much:

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

In Vegas for the week. Seeing Garth Brooks tonight at Allegiant Stadium. About to head out.

Seeing Sting tomorrow night.

Reports will follow.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Could never get into country even though my best friend tried however i do like Sting/The Police. Synchronicity was one of the first cassettes i ever owned.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This years Maryland Deathfest, my friends band got to play it this year and i was extremely happy for them as they got a good crowd especially for opening up the day way earlier than expected.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tXqwZV0AL50

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

In Vegas for the week. Seeing Garth Brooks tonight at Allegiant Stadium. About to head out.

Seeing Sting tomorrow night.

Reports will follow.

As usual, Garth Brooks put on one of the best live performances you can find anywhere. Even if you don't like country, I don't see how you couldn't have a blast at a Garth show. I wouldn't consider myself a country fan, but I enjoy some of it, and don't mind listening to it. Garth just blows the doors off at his shows.

He absolutely killed it.

Sting, the next night was good. But seemed kind of low energy in the wake of a Garth Brooks stadium show. I'm glad I got to see him live. Also, learned something I've never known. . . Sting likes country music and has written a few songs. He played one that I previously had only known as a Johnny Cash recording: "I Hung My Head".

So, while the show was kind of "meh", I came away even more impressed with the breadth of Sting's songwriting abilities.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

As usual, Garth Brooks put on one of the best live performances you can find anywhere. Even if you don't like country, I don't see how you couldn't have a blast at a Garth show. I wouldn't consider myself a country fan, but I enjoy some of it, and don't mind listening to it. Garth just blows the doors off at his shows.

He absolutely killed it.

Sting, the next night was good. But seemed kind of low energy in the wake of a Garth Brooks stadium show. I'm glad I got to see him live. Also, learned something I've never known. . . Sting likes country music and has written a few songs. He played one that I previously had only known as a Johnny Cash recording: "I Hung My Head".

So, while the show was kind of "meh", I came away even more impressed with the breadth of Sting's songwriting abilities.

Weather was bad when Garth was here a couple summers ago so we skipped and I still kinda regret it... Would like to see him eventually. Where'd you guys stay? Hot week out there?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Weather was bad when Garth was here a couple summers ago so we skipped and I still kinda regret it... Would like to see him eventually. Where'd you guys stay? Hot week out there?
    Yes, it was hot. 107/108 every day. But it's dry as they say.

We had three nights at Mandalay Bay for the convention, and added on two nights at Wynn/Encore.

22. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Yes, it was hot. 107/108 every day. But it's dry as they say.

We had three nights at Mandalay Bay for the convention, and added on two nights at Wynn/Encore.
    Did you stay at Wynn or Encore? I stayed at Wynn years ago and it was one of the best rooms I've stayed in, we were looking recently and was surprised that Encore was more expensive than Wynn? I thought it was the other way around, maybe just cause they're newer?

24. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

He absolutely killed it.

This is so true! I wasn't the biggest Garth fan but heard his shows were amazing..so a few years ago my wife was able to score some tickets and we drove thru a snow storm to watch him play the Tacoma Dome... I was so impressed and blown away by his performance. If he ever comes back around and the tickets don't sell out in 20 min, I'll probably go see him again..

26. The Following User High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information