Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Been to any good gigs recently?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Did you stay at Wynn or Encore? I stayed at Wynn years ago and it was one of the best rooms I've stayed in, we were looking recently and was surprised that Encore was more expensive than Wynn? I thought it was the other way around, maybe just cause they're newer?
    I'm glad you asked. I almost posted this before, but didn't.

We've stayed at Wynn twice before and loved it.

I made the reservations back in October for the Wynn, and we'd been looking forward to it for months now.

The morning of check-in, I go online to start the on-line check-in and lo and behold, it's checking us into Encore. I was immediately upset. I thought they were basically the same, but had the impression that Encore was kind of a step down.

I decided to look to Google before I prepared to pick a fight. I learned that the rooms at Encore are slightly larger, and of course, since it was built a few years later a bit newer. The main difference is that Encore does not have as many restaurants etc., but they're connected so what does that matter? Encore guests can utilize both the Encore pools and the Wynn pool area, but Wynn guests cannot utilize Encore's.

And they put us on the 57th floor (out of 61) facing the strip. . .. :chefskiss:

We were very happy. If we go again, we'll book an Encore room now that we know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220609_113212.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	20456

Name:	20220609_113204.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	20457

Name:	20220609_113222.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	20458

Name:	20220609_230145.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	20459

Name:	20220609_230139.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	20460

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Going to see Steve Von Till tonight. My neighborhood disc golf buddy grew up with him.

North, I think you might have recommended him when I was looking for a certain type of music.

I didn't realize it was Neurosis Steve, who I feel I already know pretty well since my buddy talks about him often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The Red Hot Chili Peppers kicked off the North American leg of their Unlimited Love tour at Empower Field last night and it was incredible. If you have a chance to see this tour, do it. Here a snippet of the encore from my nosebleed seats:

And a few shots me and my son took:

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers kicked off the North American leg of their Unlimited Love tour at Empower Field last night and it was incredible. If you have a chance to see this tour, do it. Here a snippet of the encore from my nosebleed seats:

And a few shots me and my son took:

My wife and I saw RHCP and Foo Fighters back in the Summer of 1999 (I think). It was one hell of a show. I'm sure your son had a blast.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    My wife and I saw RHCP and Foo Fighters back in the Summer of 1999 (I think). It was one hell of a show. I'm sure your son had a blast.
    Right after the opening acts a rain storm rolled in and there was just an electric buzz in the air and in the stadium. Just when you thought there was going to be a rain delay, the storm kicked up a bit and Flea came out and just popped the stadium alive like a champagne cork. The weather, atmosphere, and show is a top 3 concert experience for me easily.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Saw Gaga at wrigley field last night. Didn’t suck.

Name:	99387F98-10F2-4519-AEB5-DABE94AAACEC.jpg 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	20695

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

On Sat, I was taken to see need to breathe and one republic. They put on pretty great shows. The person that got us the tix tours with the band as a filmer so we got hooked up and got to party with some of the band members from each band the night before and after the show at pepsi. Was a cool experience.

I realized I had heard a few songs of theirs before so that was cool to me at least knowing some about them and not sounding really stupid.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Name:	99387F98-10F2-4519-AEB5-DABE94AAACEC.jpg 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	20695
    I really like gaga. Not sure about her music, but what she does and stands for and pure talent, I am a big fan!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Didn’t suck.
    What you and your spouse do behind closed doors is your business. No need to overshare.

17. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    What you and your spouse do behind closed doors is your business. No need to overshare.
    It's unclear to me why you assume spouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by nighttrainlayne View Post
    what you and your spouse do behind closed doors is your business. No need to overshare.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgdriver View Post
    it's unclear to me why you assume spouse.
    #ntl
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I couldn't name two of her actual songs, but she'll always have a place in my heart for legitimately crushing the anthem before SB 50. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Went to see my friends from Oxygen Destroyer and Desolus last night. SO DAMN GOOOOOOOD. Loved all the Kaiju monster clips that OD used.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Hasnt happened yet but my boys No/Mas are opening for the Cavalera Brothers!

25. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Caught the first of two Nine Inch Nails shows at Red Rocks last night. Trent and co. continue to kill it. I snagged a quick video of Head Like a Hole. The weather was perfect, we watched a rainstorm move north to south in the distance as lightning danced in the clouds!

Very cool night and I was able to share it with my son:

27. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information