Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Been to any good gigs recently?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Got to see Aborted and Hideous Divinity (First time touring the US) for the first time. Missy and i really enjoyed it and got some great merch in the process.

Hideous Divinity

Cryptopsy

Aborted (feat Matt from Cryptopsy)

Got a picture with some of the guys from Hideous Divinity

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Wife and I went to the symphony last night. They played music from the Final Fantasy games. She has a connection for steeply discounted tickets.

I've played one or two of the Final Fantasy games, VII and VIII. 7 was outstanding, 8 was fun but I didn't finish.

The music was excellent.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Wife and I went to the symphony last night. They played music from the Final Fantasy games. She has a connection for steeply discounted tickets.

I've played one or two of the Final Fantasy games, VII and VIII. 7 was outstanding, 8 was fun but I didn't finish.

The music was excellent.
    The battle themes for random encounters were epic.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

8. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

FF 8 was my jam.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Got to see Aborted and Hideous Divinity (First time touring the US) for the first time. Missy and i really enjoyed it and got some great merch in the process.

Hideous Divinity

Cryptopsy

Aborted (feat Matt from Cryptopsy)

Got a picture with some of the guys from Hideous Divinity
    Yeah, you guys look scary. But, knowing you the way I do, all of metal guys like cats, snuggling with the wife, kisses, and a little Satanic worship. Are we really that different?

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Went to see my boys in No/Mas tonight at their house party/gig. Came out sweaty as shit being in the pit. Holy crap.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Went to see a band i hadnt seen since 2000-2001, a electronic/industrial rock band in the vein of NIN. Pick this up tonight, got a signed poster, some earrings for Missy (she is on travel again), the album on CD, and a sticker.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

dude, you're a lifer. . . i gotta respect that. . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So it was late when i got home last night but my thoughts on Slayer last night....WOW.

Ive seen Slayer a grand total of 5 times now dating back to 1990 when i first saw them on Clash of the Titans at Red Rocks. The band simply never disappoints and although it was weird not see Jeff up there Gary did a great job of filling in.

Cannibal Corpse was well Cannibal Corpse, they only played for like 30 minutes so im not sure if it would of just been better suited to find another band to play that short slot. Sure, they were good but really kind of misplaced on this tour and really out classed (sorry guys) compared to the other 3 bands.

Amon Amarth, having seen them before was quite amazing but having seen them with their full stage setup is pretty ******* epic. I mean, who doesnt get wood hearing Twilight of the Thunder God with Johan weilding Mjolnir?

Lamb of God, i said this last night but im even more convinced after seeing them for the first time in many years. LOG's stage presence, attitude, and intensity reminds me a lot of Pantera in their heyday. Perhaps its the similar music style that plays a factor but Randy and company know how to handle an audience. Even though Dime is gone i think LOG have basically picked up that torch and carried it on in a very similar tradition. As their backdrop would say "Pure American Metal" and thats we we got.

Slayer.....what else can be said. The stage show was beyond my expectations, oh and thanks for warming me up last night with the pyro because i think the frost Giants from Jotenheim were trying to freeze our asses off last night. It was unseasonably cold for May last night when it dropped below 50 degrees. Lol

Thanks to Eddie Ryan for coming with me because Missy had to work and was very glad to meet Victoria Rose as you are super cool and a rowdy girl. Cheers to you! Thanks for the shirt and beers during pre-game Eddie, it was a lot of fun.

All in all a great night and a great birthday present from my mother in law Debbie Lotman. Such an amazing show, Slayer will be missed but glad i have been able to see them over the years. As Jahlawl Law Deanel would say "SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Even though i posted the vids on FB i have uploaded them to my youtube page as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_nESntFriHi83fGeHRlGLA?view_as=subscriber

Amon Amarth- Twilight of the Thunder God

Lamb of God- Redneck

Slayer- Hell Awaits

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So it was late when i got home last night but my thoughts on Slayer last night....WOW.

Ive seen Slayer a grand total of 5 times now dating back to 1990 when i first saw them on Clash of the Titans at Red Rocks. The band simply never disappoints and although it was weird not see Jeff up there Gary did a great job of filling in.

Cannibal Corpse was well Cannibal Corpse, they only played for like 30 minutes so im not sure if it would of just been better suited to find another band to play that short slot. Sure, they were good but really kind of misplaced on this tour and really out classed (sorry guys) compared to the other 3 bands.

Amon Amarth, having seen them before was quite amazing but having seen them with their full stage setup is pretty ******* epic. I mean, who doesnt get wood hearing Twilight of the Thunder God with Johan weilding Mjolnir?

Lamb of God, i said this last night but im even more convinced after seeing them for the first time in many years. LOG's stage presence, attitude, and intensity reminds me a lot of Pantera in their heyday. Perhaps its the similar music style that plays a factor but Randy and company know how to handle an audience. Even though Dime is gone i think LOG have basically picked up that torch and carried it on in a very similar tradition. As their backdrop would say "Pure American Metal" and thats we we got.

Slayer.....what else can be said. The stage show was beyond my expectations, oh and thanks for warming me up last night with the pyro because i think the frost Giants from Jotenheim were trying to freeze our asses off last night. It was unseasonably cold for May last night when it dropped below 50 degrees. Lol

Thanks to Eddie Ryan for coming with me because Missy had to work and was very glad to meet Victoria Rose as you are super cool and a rowdy girl. Cheers to you! Thanks for the shirt and beers during pre-game Eddie, it was a lot of fun.

All in all a great night and a great birthday present from my mother in law Debbie Lotman. Such an amazing show, Slayer will be missed but glad i have been able to see them over the years. As Jahlawl Law Deanel would say "SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Even though i posted the vids on FB i have uploaded them to my youtube page as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_nESntFriHi83fGeHRlGLA?view_as=subscriber

Amon Amarth- Twilight of the Thunder God

Lamb of God- Redneck

Slayer- Hell Awaits

I was at Clash in 90 at MSG. First time I heard Alice in Chains.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Seeing SRV next month.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Took my daughter to a Juice Wrld show last night.

Jesus. How do parents just drop their kids off at stuff like this. Thousands of teenage kids and just a handful of parents (I counted 5 besides myself. . . we stick out like a sore thumb). Maybe this should go in the parenting thread.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I saw Granger Smith in Fredericksburg, TX on 5/31. My buddy that I went hunting with has known him for years so we visited with his family and his son River early in the day then went to the show that evening. It was a great show. Last week his son River drown and passed away. Pretty sad considering the week before I was throwing a ball around with that kid on the concert stage.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

27. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I saw Granger Smith in Fredericksburg, TX on 5/31. My buddy that I went hunting with has known him for years so we visited with his family and his son River early in the day then went to the show that evening. It was a great show. Last week his son River drown and passed away. Pretty sad considering the week before I was throwing a ball around with that kid on the concert stage.
    How old was the kid?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information