Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Been to any good gigs recently?

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Hey, the gig @ the Boulder Theater is now sold out. Are any of you folks going?
    Holy ******* Crap! He's coming to Albany!?

Just reserved tickets! I owe you!
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Skynyrd was freaking awesome! I can't believe how good they still are, they sounded amazing.

The opening band was awesome as well, if you like southern rock check out Whiskey Myers!
    How crazy did the crowd go on the solo to freebird?

haha, they saved Freebird for the encore and it lasted about 15 minutes. People did go a bit crazy but it was a pretty subdued crowd, Calgary crowds generally are unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

5. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    I'm going to Garth Brooks this weekend in Denver.
    Garth was pretty solid. He mostly stuck to all his classics. Trisha Yearwood came out and played 4 or 5 songs, which was ok, but I felt like it took time away from Garth. Overall our group had a lot of fun at the concert.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

so I have to drive 6 hours to Edmonton on Thursday because the wife and daughter are going to Maroon 5... I'm just happy I don't have to go to the show, I will spend the night sampling many brews!

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Enslaved/YOB/Ecstatic Vision/Witch Mountain

Enslaved/YOB/Ecstatic Vision/Witch Mountain

So Herman (from another forum) generally busts my balls about not doing concert reviews but since it is my birthday and i had a great special time seeing one of my favorite bands in Enslaved (not too mention having the band actually sing you happy birthday while signing merch!). So here is the evening in review:

First up was Portland Oregon's Witch Mountain, a doom metal project fronted by singer Kayla Dixon. Missy and i pretty much agreed she is the best thing about the band overall. Her range between clean vox and rough vox is pretty stellar but the actual music is ok, but not great.

Then came Ecstatic Vision which had a guitarist/vocalist who looked like a younger version of Lemmy. The band played a cross between psychedelic/progressive rock with some stoner/doom influences. To my surprise Missy really liked this band despite some of the lengthier songs and the use of flutes and saxophones.

YOB......did i mention YOB? My first time seeing them and MY GOD THEY HAVE A MASSIVE SOUND! They totally crushed it, my soul is now split into broken shards after witnessing that. That my friends was a lot of fun to watch. Missy hated it as she does most doom metal.... lmao

Finally Enslaved,

So ******* EPIC. got to witness the band play some older material off of Monumension (Convoys to Nothingness) and Frost (i think it was Loke but cant remember). Obviously played some newer material and ended with ISA.

So when we had gone to get merch earlier in the evening it was said they would be hanging around to sign some stuff so i bought a poster and LP of the new record. Also got a new patch for my jacket. So as we are in line and moving to get shit signed Missy starts blurting out that its my birthday so immediately the two guitarists and keyboardists break out and start singing happy birthday to me. The guys were so immensely cool. Grutle Kjellson was at the end and i wanted Missy to get a picture with me and him so she did. Unfortunately the only pic that came out well was when Grutle had looked away but i got one with the bloke none the less. He somehow had missed the first opportunity to sing happy birthday to me so he started up again and the boys joined in again. Pretty funny being sung happy birthday by the band Enslaved but was so appreciative at how cool and humble they are. Should of got Missy to get a video of the singing but she probably would of screwed the pooch on that too. lol

All in all a great evening with some great music. One of the best nights ever for me. I will never forget it. My facebook page has a few clips from some of the bands so if you want to check them out you can go there. I cant link them here currently.

https://www.facebook.com/james.s.corprew

Last edited by Northman; 03-24-2015 at 07:50 AM.

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

North,
    I had the fortune of seeing Enslaved and Opeth at the same show in 2009. That is still one of the best shows I have ever seen. They were all spot-the-**** on it.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

12. The Following User High Fived pulse For This Post:

So I now have my tickets to Steven Wilson on May 26th and Rush on May 28th. May the Prog Gods be generous and bless these shows.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived pulse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Buying my tickets today for the End Times Tour with the Smashing Pumpkins and Marilyn Manson @ Red Rocks. I know I know... but the Pumpkins are still easily one of my favorite bands and Manson's new album The Pale Emperor is actually pretty good. http://www.axs.com/events/275514/the...manson-tickets

Went and saw Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden last year at Red Rocks, so if they keep these 90's arena rockers coming back I guess I will keep seeing them!

EDIT: If anyone else out here ends up going to this let me know. I am always tailgating before shows!
    Last edited by MasterShake; 04-03-2015 at 08:16 AM.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Buying my tickets today for the End Times Tour with the Smashing Pumpkins and Marilyn Manson @ Red Rocks. I know I know... but the Pumpkins are still easily one of my favorite bands and Manson's new album The Pale Emperor is actually pretty good. http://www.axs.com/events/275514/the...manson-tickets Went and saw Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden last year at Red Rocks, so if they keep these 90's arena rockers coming back I guess I will keep seeing them! EDIT: If anyone else out here ends up going to this let me know. I am always tailgating before shows!
    I'm not sure what I think of SP's touring lineup. I won't miss Byrne but was ok with Nicole on bass. Not surprised Lee didn't stay on for the tour and doubt he'd be able to play the back catalog - though I'm surprised RATMs drummer is up to that task as well. Schroeder is Schroeder.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

18. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I'm not sure what I think of SP's touring lineup. I won't miss Byrne but was ok with Nicole on bass. Not surprised Lee didn't stay on for the tour and doubt he'd be able to play the back catalog - though I'm surprised RATMs drummer is up to that task as well. Schroeder is Schroeder.
    I didn't care for Byrne, but I liked Nicole enough. I think as long as Corgan and Schroeder are still there they will be fine. The newer Pumpkins stuff is basically a wall of guitars. No matter what they are always going to miss Jimmy Chamberlain. That guy is a genius on drums, I've never seen a kit like his before or since and he carried most of the shows I saw him in. The one advantage they have to him being gone is that Corgan is less likely to pull out his drum-heavy opuses like Gossamer or United States which can drag on at a concert.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I didn't care for Byrne, but I liked Nicole enough. I think as long as Corgan and Schroeder are still there they will be fine. The newer Pumpkins stuff is basically a wall of guitars. No matter what they are always going to miss Jimmy Chamberlain. That guy is a genius on drums, I've never seen a kit like his before or since and he carried most of the shows I saw him in. The one advantage they have to him being gone is that Corgan is less likely to pull out his drum-heavy opuses like Gossamer or United States which can drag on at a concert.
    Maybe, but I liked SuperChrist on the Zeitgeist tour. Mesmerizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

21. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Maybe, but I liked SuperChrist on the Zeitgeist tour. Mesmerizing.
    Heard that song during their residency at the Fillmore in San Francisco. Very cool tune, don't think I've heard it since.

I wasnt able to make the Marilyn Manson show as we had a ton of people over that night but apparently after the show he got punched out at a Dennys. TMZ is saying that he is suing the guy that hit him. I want to know why the hell he is at a Dennys lmao, Dennys is considered the most disgusting place to eat and the only people that go there are drunken Indians after their dive bar closes.

24. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

I have Faith No More tickets for July. This fills me with elation.

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived pulse For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information