Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Been to any good gigs recently?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I'm taking the wife and kids to NIN as well! Standing in line to get those tickets was fun...
    Awesome! Tuesday or Wednesday show? (I am assuming Red Rocks, right?). I am doing the Wednesday show with my friend. I actually had a good time waiting in line because I had a good group around me, but it sucked to get there at 6 A.M. The new stuff takes some getting used to, but I like most of the new EPs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm taking the wife and kids to NIN as well! Standing in line to get those tickets was fun...
    Hope to hear how everyone liked it. How old are the kids? Fist-f*** isn't in my 5th grader's lexicon yet, but he'd probably dig it. Mom might freak a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Awesome! Tuesday or Wednesday show? (I am assuming Red Rocks, right?). I am doing the Wednesday show with my friend. I actually had a good time waiting in line because I had a good group around me, but it sucked to get there at 6 A.M. The new stuff takes some getting used to, but I like most of the new EPs.
    Tuesday night. It was the hours and hours in line that sucked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Hope to hear how everyone liked it. How old are the kids? Fist-f*** isn't in my 5th grader's lexicon yet, but he'd probably dig it. Mom might freak a little.
    My girls are 11 and 13, but music is music. They have been hearing questionable lyrics their whole lives. On of my oldest daughters favorite songs when she was a toddler was "Stay Fly" by Three 6 Mafia. I'm just happy that they like good music unlike most other kids their age.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

My girls are 11 and 13, but music is music. They have been hearing questionable lyrics their whole lives. On of my oldest daughters favorite songs when she was a toddler was "Stay Fly" by Three 6 Mafia. I'm just happy that they like good music unlike most other kids their age.
    Exactly. The more you make something taboo the more weight and intrigue it carries. I'm not taking my son (school night and all) but the rule in our house is that colorful language is OK in context (movies, music, you hurt yourself REALLY bad, etc.) but don't drop it into casual conversation. I was exposed to alcohol early on in moderation, like wine at holidays or nice parties and a little beer on camping trips when I was older, and when the time came to drink I never overdid it. Well, a few times I did on purpose, but it wasn't because I didn't know what to expect!

7. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

shake, you should drunk post more often. . .

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

BDB how was the show

11. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    shake, you should drunk post more often. . .
    I do! It's mostly me typing, reading it back, crying, and deleting everything though.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Night 2 of NIN at Red Rocks was awesome. I have seen them 8 times now and I heard stuff that I thought I would never hear live (or don't remember hearing live anyway). Like their newer albums, the show was stripped down and raw with just fog machines and lights but it the band came out like a shotgun and never let up.

9/19/2018 Red Rocks Setlist:
    • Branches/Bones
    • Mr. Self Destruct
    • Letting You
    • Piggy
    • This Isn't the Place
    • Burn
    • Help Me I Am in Hell
    • Happiness in Slavery
    • Eraser
    • Closer
    • Copy of A
    • I'm Afraid of Americans (David Bowie cover)
    • The Background World
    • Survivalism
    • The Hand That Feeds
    • Head Like a Hole

Encore:
    • Home (first live performance since 2009)
    • All the Love in the World (first live performance since 2013)
    • Dead Souls (Joy Division cover) (first live performance since 2013)
    • Hurt

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-...-7be9f68c.html

Some good videos of the show on Youtube already, including a great version of Happiness in Slavery:

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Night 2 of NIN at Red Rocks was awesome. I have seen them 8 times now and I heard stuff that I thought I would never hear live (or don't remember hearing live anyway). Like their newer albums, the show was stripped down and raw with just fog machines and lights but it the band came out like a shotgun and never let up.

9/19/2018 Red Rocks Setlist:
    • Branches/Bones
    • Mr. Self Destruct
    • Letting You
    • Piggy
    • This Isn't the Place
    • Burn
    • Help Me I Am in Hell
    • Happiness in Slavery
    • Eraser
    • Closer
    • Copy of A
    • I'm Afraid of Americans (David Bowie cover)
    • The Background World
    • Survivalism
    • The Hand That Feeds
    • Head Like a Hole

Encore:
    • Home (first live performance since 2009)
    • All the Love in the World (first live performance since 2013)
    • Dead Souls (Joy Division cover) (first live performance since 2013)
    • Hurt

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-...-7be9f68c.html

Some good videos of the show on Youtube already, including a great version of Happiness in Slavery:

I am jealous that you got to see Dead Souls! I was there for the first night. They played A Perfect Drug, which was pretty cool for the novelty, but I would have rather seen Dead Souls and I'm Afraid of Americans.

17. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I am jealous that you got to see Dead Souls! I was there for the first night. They played A Perfect Drug, which was pretty cool for the novelty, but I would have rather seen Dead Souls and I'm Afraid of Americans.
    Yes, I think that was the first actual live performance of Perfect Drug? I had heard about that and was a bit bummed I missed it. But then, like you said, hearing Dead Souls live was a big surprise. The Crow soundtrack is part of my DNA so hearing the first few notes made me smile like an idiot.

Also I will say as a huge NIN fan I was not really digging most of the new EPs aside from Add Violence but hearing them live adds to my enjoyment of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Saw Ozzy last night. Fun show. Zakk Wylde is a legend. Was refreshing my phone every 10 seconds for the Rockies score though, so wish it would have fallen on a different night.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Saw Ozzy last night. Fun show. Zakk Wylde is a legend. Was refreshing my phone every 10 seconds for the Rockies score though, so wish it would have fallen on a different night.
    Was Dimebag there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I have not, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information