Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Been to any good gigs recently?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I have Faith No More tickets for July. This fills me with elation.
    I saw them at Hyde Park last year - they were the tits

Very Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Fleetwood mac was pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    Love Lindsay Buckingham

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    Love Lindsay Buckingham
    Probably my favorite band of all time.

F that. Definitely my favorite band of all time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Love Lindsay Buckingham
    Homo.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I have the same for 4/25. Wish the album was out before the show, but have watched/listened to the 4 tracks they've played from it.

What was bull shit was I'm seeing them at kind of a small venue and at one point 3/4 of the tix were on StubHub (how I bought mine). So as usual the actual fans got raped.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 04-09-2015 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Homo.
    Brilliant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Saw OKGO last night at the Ogden in Denver. I always thought they were decent, but their live show was incredible. They had a really good mix of audio/visual components to the show and they sound great live.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1099.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	7066

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1113.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	7067

Really dig their newer videos too:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Alright, so here will be my review for what was an awesome show last night overall. A lot of great bands which also included our own Iced's project Condemn the Infected as the opener. Went last night with Crash and Missy had a chance to see some bands i hadnt seen before.

Part 1

Condemn the Infected
    https://www.facebook.com/condemntheinfected?fref=ts

So Jeff's band opened up the night playing around 6-7 songs including one of my favorites in "Gravity Well". They also played "Deny Existence", "Pillars of Creation" and others from the debut CD released a few months back. The band sounded great but did lack a little stage presence which i just chalk up to a young band getting their feet wet still. I know through talking with Jeff that the band is looking to separate the bassist from vocal duties or vice versa i cant remember. Either way, they sounded great and did get a good reaction from the fans that were already there.

The Convalescence
    https://www.facebook.com/theconvalescence

Not really sure to make of this band and i dont think Crash could either. First thing that pops into my head is it reminded me of a band that was "manufactured" in terms of presentation. They had the stage presence and energy (albeit very corny and cliche at times) but everything else was a tad confusing for me. The artwork they had on the backdrops indicated a feel for a metalcore/industrial act. But the band wore corpse paint on stage and had a keyboardist which gave off the impression they wanted to be Cradle of Filth. Even more confusing was the overall music which switched from Metalcore to death to black metal/goth to nu metal. I think this band had a real identity issue and dont really know what they want to be in terms of musical direction.

Soreption
    https://www.facebook.com/soreption?fref=ts

This was one band i really wanted to see and they didnt disappoint. Hailing out of Sweden Soreption is a 4 piece of technical death brilliance. Certainly one of the new comers to the genre that doesnt get to overly wanky with their technicality like a Rings of Saturn. No, the riffs are more driven and straight forward with the technical flair added in all the right places. Look wise i did not realize it was only a 4 piece so was kind of surprised by how good they were with just one guitarist. I ended up buying "Engineering the Void" on LP and got the band to sign it for me which they did with no problem at all. Very very cool guys and very humble.

Erimha
    https://www.facebook.com/Erimha?fref=ts

Another band i was eager to see as i loved their 2013 opus "Reign Through Immortality". Did not realize that this would be their debut US show so i found it very cool that i was witnessing this first hand. The band had a fantastic stage presence and cohesiveness about them and sounded tight musically. I also enjoyed their presentation of the black/death metal they play as while they wear corpse paint they wear tattered clothing and not the usual spiked arm bands, leather, chains, etc. Their concept and image is unique to them and that was fascinating to watch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Part 2

Disgorge
    https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDisgorge?fref=ts

While i was familiar with the name i had never heard Disgorge but was impressed by what i heard. Their sound is massive live and their singer even more massive as he is built like a brick shit house. Hailing out of San Diego, CA these guys bring brutal death metal and simply ram it down your throat without holding back. As i stated, the death metal is straight forward and doesnt dive into any new territory but they pull it off flawlessly and have a very powerful stage presence so definitely better than some bands i have seen in the same vein.

Cryptopsy
    https://www.facebook.com/CryptopsyMetal?fref=ts

I dont know if Cryptopsy shined anymore than the previous 3 bands for me but were certainly very good. The crowd was really into it and band sounded awesome. Unfortunately Missy was getting tired (she was up early for work and had to work the next day) so we had to bail a little early and according to Crash i missed "Graves of the Fathers" which sucked but overall i was quite happy with the evening.

A lot of great bands it was just unfortunate for them that there wasnt a bigger turnout for them because they all came to play and deserved a bigger audience than they got.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    A lot of great bands it was just unfortunate for them that there wasnt a bigger turnout for them because they all came to play and deserved a bigger audience than they got.
    Maybe because the music genre stinks?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Maybe because the music genre stinks?

Lmao

Nah.

Realistically it was a Monday night and a good portion of the would be audience are probably school kids. The other portion would be the people who have spent their money and time for the upcoming Maryland Deathfest which begins on Thursday which i will also be attending. And that festival sells a lot of tickets and gets bigger and bigger every year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Pretty cool news about the upcoming Smashing Pumpkins/Marilyn Manson show I am going to at Red Rocks. Looks like Jimmy Chamberlain is back for the summer tour: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...tour/29157071/

Last time I saw Chamberlain play he was a beast on drums at Red Rocks back in 2007. Kind of a crappy video, but I loved how he played on "United States" that night:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Manson was probably the best live set I've ever seen. Saw him at Ozzfest back in '03. It was pure amazing awesomeness.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information