Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Been to any good gigs recently?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Uh, I see you said 30' not 30".

My bad.

I just assumed, because you're a weazel.

PS - we had a family argument the other night over metric vs. imperial. I lost.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Uh, I see you said 30' not 30".

My bad.

I just assumed, because you're a weazel.

PS - we had a family argument the other night over metric vs. imperial. I lost.
    Which side were you on?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Which side were you on?
    Neither, actually. I like the imperial system because that's what I know, but metric makes way more sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Neither, actually. I like the imperial system because that's what I know, but metric makes way more sense.
    So you lost an argument in which you didn't even take a side? Damn Joe.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    sadly, I'm going to watch The Tragically Hip's last concert Saturday night. I won't be at the show as it is in Ontario, but it is basically a National Holiday and will be shown live without interruption on every CBC station, radio, live stream. We are having a bbq at an acreage on a 30' screen and have setup a ton of sound equipment for about 75 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

going to see Zakk Wylde again tomorrow night

and sadly, I'm going to watch The Tragically Hip's last concert Saturday night. I won't be at the show as it is in Ontario, but it is basically a National Holiday and will be shown live without interruption on every CBC station, radio, live stream. We are having a bbq at an acreage on a 30' screen and have setup a ton of sound equipment for about 75 people.
    I've been reading about that Tragically Hip show. I can't think of any comparable American happening where the whole country got behind an artist like that. Pretty cool.

I've been reading about that Tragically Hip show. I can't think of any comparable American happening where the whole country got behind an artist like that. Pretty cool.
    Because of the number of different medias it was available on, they don't have a definitive number of viewers but they think at any given time there were about 11-13 million people watching at some point. I know every bar was showing it and there were viewing parties in stadiums, rec centers, etc... We had about 70 people at our place watching it which would definitely no show up on any viewership table. I would say it was probably closer to 16 million people which would equal the highest viewed Canadian telecast of all time, the 2010 Olympic Gold medal hockey game. Some of it was definitely hard to watch and if you didn't have tears in your eyes, you don't have a soul.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm not familiar with the story of the group. Can someone give a reader's digest of it?

I'm not familiar with the story of the group. Can someone give a reader's digest of it?
    The Hip are basically the biggest band in Canada for the last 25+ years (it goes beyond that), and Gord Downie, the lead singer has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and has anywhere from 6 months to a year to live. He decided he wanted to do one more tour while being treated, and this show was their last. He had a physician along side the entire time and was visibly not his energetic self, but put on a great show. It's hard to explain how big The Tragically Hip are in Canada, they're really more than just a band, they are part of Canadiana, if that makes any sense.
    Last edited by weazel; 08-23-2016 at 12:28 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

The Hip are basically the biggest band in Canada for the last 25+ years (it goes beyond that), and Gord Downie, the lead singer has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and has anywhere from 6 months to a year to live. He decided he wanted to do one more tour while being treated, and this show was their last. He had a physician along side the entire time and was visibly not his energetic self, but put on a great show. It's hard to explain how big The Tragically Hip are in Canada, they're really more than just a band, they are part of Canadiana, if that makes any sense.
    OK - now it makes total sense.

Best wishes to him. That sucks, but totally cool what Canada did for him.

I think it's more about what he did for Canada. He could have spent his last days checking off a bucket list and spending it all with his family but he knew the fans wanted to see the band play one last time.

15. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So you lost an argument in which you didn't even take a side? Damn Joe.
    seriously. . . that's like craig getting fired on his day off!

Adopted Bronco:

back on topic, i just picked up tickets to see the polish ambassador next month at the fillmore. . . pretty pumped-- i haven't been to an actual concert in forever. . . and some of my best friends are coming down from the mountains for it-- should be a good time. . .

18. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    back on topic, i just picked up tickets to see the polish ambassador next month at the fillmore. . . pretty pumped-- i haven't been to an actual concert in forever. . . and some of my best friends are coming down from the mountains for it-- should be a good time. . .
    Where in the mountains do they live?

Adopted Bronco:

Where in the mountains do they live?
    in the san luis valley right now. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information