Thread: Players and Teams circumventing contract agreements and obligations

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Default Players and Teams circumventing contract agreements and obligations

Was listenting to Mike & Mike this morning and they had some knowledgeable dude on there talking about players opting out of their contracts and resigning with their teams. Apparently, other league representatives have cried "foul" in the past. Like that Haslem cat in Miami. He was due $5M next season and the Heat wouldn't be able to afford anyone changes if LeBron, Wade, or Bosh didn't opt out of their contracts. So, instead of teams being held fully responsible for keeping their obligations, it seems nowadays the players have taken it upon themselves to "opt out" of the own contracts in order for the team to make some changes (possibly give players longer commitments or even stock in the team after they retire). It happens in the NBA more often then I knew, and I personally didn't think it was that big a deal that a player, if its docuemented in their contract, to opt out, then thats on them. But, other team reps on less fortunate teams cry foul.

My question to you all is, is there some professional ethical line players and teams are crossing when they resort to these types of manipulations?

Or, if its in the contract in black and white, then thats the righ the player has whether its to benefit the team he wants to stay with or it benefits only himself?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If its in the contract and both the player and organization agree to it i dont see the problem personally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

nothing wrong with guys opting out. . . they do it to secure longer-term deals. . . it's 100% legit and above the board-- i can't see why anyone would even bother complaining about it, it's nothing more than sour grapes. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information