Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: LeBron opts out of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Here's a question for you guys. What do you think would do more for his reputation/legacy? If he went somewhere else (say LA or Houston) and won 3 more titles to tie Kobe and Duncan for the best in this era, or if he went back to Cleveland and just won one title, finally bringing a title to his hometown.

I almost think the second option would do more for him.
    Not to most fans. People will ALWAYS compare rings. It's as if EVERYTHING is equal, and the rings show the truth. People will always want to dislike LeBron if they want to. There really is nothing to dislike about the guy, so if you find something, there isnt' changing your mind (unless he signs with your favorite team).
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I think going home would do more for him honestly. There is just something romantic about going home again, people would eat it up. Mix that with it being Cleveland, the city of lose and finally bringing home a win.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

3. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I think going home would do more for him honestly. There is just something romantic about going home again, people would eat it up. Mix that with it being Cleveland, the city of lose and finally bringing home a win.
    yeah.. would do something now...for a couple years. But looking back on it 8 years from now, after that "nice" feeling has worn off...and people are comparing ring totals.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Frankly tired of hearing about LBJ. I remember the morning after the spurs won the finals. I turned on sports radio, hoping to hear some spurs discussion. There was very little talk about the spurs incredible feat, all they wanted to talk about was Lebron James and what is his future.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Frankly tired of hearing about LBJ. I remember the morning after the spurs won the finals. I turned on sports radio, hoping to hear some spurs discussion. There was very little talk about the spurs incredible feat, all they wanted to talk about was Lebron James and what is his future.
    The sports media isn't stupid. They know what the majority of the public wants to hear about. The fact is, talking about LeBron drives way better ratings than talking about the Spurs.

The sports media isn't stupid. They know what the majority of the public wants to hear about. The fact is, talking about LeBron drives way better ratings than talking about the Spurs.
    Sad state of affairs when a team of team players gets overshadowed by one star, especially when that team absolutely dismantled the star player and his team.

Not saying you aren't right, just that it sucks. The Spurs really played beautiful basketball this year in the playoffs.

And to answer your question, not sure if it was this thread or another. Whether LeBron wins another ring or not, I consider him to be in the top 3 all around basketball players I have ever seen play.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Spurs are popular in the San Antonio/Austin area and nowhere else. Miami and LBJ have a national bandwagon. Got talk about the stories that sell.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Spurs are popular in the San Antonio/Austin area and nowhere else. Miami and LBJ have a national bandwagon. Got talk about the stories that sell.
    Looking back Coach, your Mavericks played them the toughest. They pretty much steamrolled everyone else.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

That's not what I heard here locally. All they talked about was the Spurs, Tim Duncan's and the Spurs legacy, how they destroyed the Heat, and what's next for them.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Sad state of affairs when a team of team players gets overshadowed by one star, especially when that team absolutely dismantled the star player and his team.

Not saying you aren't right, just that it sucks. The Spurs really played beautiful basketball this year in the playoffs.

And to answer your question, not sure if it was this thread or another. Whether LeBron wins another ring or not, I consider him to be in the top 3 all around basketball players I have ever seen play.
    Which is what pisses a lot of people off, I'm sure. When the media unnecessarily hangs on the nuts of X player, many times the public starts to dislike X player.

14. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Which is what pisses a lot of people off, I'm sure. When the media unnecessarily hangs on the nuts of X player, many times the public starts to dislike X player.
    Unfortunately not enough to get them to change the channel. As great as the Spurs played, everybody wants to talk about "what's LeBron going to do now?"

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Unfortunately not enough to get them to change the channel. As great as the Spurs played, everybody wants to talk about "what's LeBron going to do now?"
    Because that's a more interesting story. I think we all realize how great the Spurs are and appreciate their greatness, but how much can you really say about them? Objectively, LeBron becoming a free agent and having a chance to turn the balance of power on its head in the NBA is a much bigger story.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I agree. Michael Sam for instance. He is taking attention away from the sport of football, and getting the sports media to discuss the social/politically correct issue of gays in sports. I wish the media would forget about michael sam, but they love him too much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    I agree. Michael Sam for instance. He is taking attention away from the sport of football, and getting the sports media to discuss the social/politically correct issue of gays in sports. I wish the media would forget about michael sam, but they love him too much.
    Stories about him also got way more clicks on ESPN.com than any other stories posted on those same days. The reason the media loves Michael Sam is because the public cares about Sam and he drives ratings and website views. Why would ESPN stop talking about him and hurt their bottom line?

Because that's a more interesting story. I think we all realize how great the Spurs are and appreciate their greatness, but how much can you really say about them? Objectively, LeBron becoming a free agent and having a chance to turn the balance of power on its head in the NBA is a much bigger story.
    Sure. I get it. I just think it reeks of a country with an attention span of a 4 year old when we can't celebrate a team who had the best record over the 82 game schedule, demolished teams with "stars" over the course of 4 playoff series for more than a half an hour, and begin speculating on where LeBron will go.

Especially when you still have to get through the NBA draft. Whatever he's going to do, he isn't going to do it for a while.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information