Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: LeBron to refocus after vacation

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm not reasoning that they will all want max contracts. I'm just stating the facts of the situation they played under this last season.

I think Wade would probably take less to stay. He's the oldest of the 3, he's made a king's ransom and he's been there his whole career. If they're going to keep the three together those two probably need to take closer to $10million per year, and leave LeBron with a max contract.
    Bosh is set for $22 million and LeBron for $21 next year, I believe, which is one million more for each player. Wade will likely have to take a slight cut from the $19 he made this year, but I don't think he'll have to accept a mid-level contract. The union would scream bloody murder if he did.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Jordan carried the Bulls to six NBA championship without complaining.
    HAH!

you ARE joking, right?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    HAH!

you ARE joking, right?
    No at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    HAH!

you ARE joking, right?
    People have created a HUGE revisionist history about what Jordan did in the 90s. Not that he wasn't great, but he clearly had a ton of help from guys like Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, and Phil Jackson.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The network. But don't let that stop a good LeBron hate fest.
    Exactly. He didn't even know the cameras were on. ESPN asked where he was signing and he answered. He's actually really humble.

I was listening to Van Pelt in the car today. They played some soundbites from Pat Riley. There were some really good points made by both Riley and Van Pelt talking about a team that played in the last 4 NBA finals, basically steamrolled the East again this year and simply ran into a Spurs team playing with a strong motivation and firing on all cylinders.

They both said the Heat players, the fans, and the media needed to chill out.

Blowing up that Heat team would be a huge mistake. Did Elway blow his team up after getting embarrassed in the Superbowl?

Some good perspective from both of them.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah, they definitely don't need to blow it up, but they do probably need to re-tune it a bit. They probably need to try to bring in another shooter as Allen and Lewis aren't getting any younger. And a semi-competent body in the low post wouldn't hurt either. They tried it with Oden, but sadly I think his knees are just to shot to really contribute much.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Bosh is set for $22 million and LeBron for $21 next year, I believe, which is one million more for each player. Wade will likely have to take a slight cut from the $19 he made this year, but I don't think he'll have to accept a mid-level contract. The union would scream bloody murder if he did.
    It would be hard for me to see the value in Bosh making that much. He's a power forward that averaged about 4 rebounds per game during the finals....that's not below average, that's bad. He was all but invisible in that series, with the exception of the 3rd quarter of game 4. I think Bosh is a good player, but I just don't think he's a good fit on that team. They need that money going towards someone who can play defense and rebound. They really don't need his offensive skill set that much. IMO, it's a luxury on that team. They should throw that money at someone like Love or Cousins.

I can see what you're saying with Wade, but he's not the same guy he use to be. He's still an all star talent, but he's not one of the 10 best players in the league anymore. As far as the union goes, Wade needs to do what makes him happy, not the union.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 06-19-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    For me, it all boils down to the "I'm taking my talents to South Beach"

It was an egocentric ******* way of going about it. Yes, he had every right, yes, many others would have done the same...but not in the manner he did it. You act like an *******, a lot of people will treat you like an *******.
    What has LBJ done since that time to parade his ego? If anything, he's learned from that and toned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Here's the difference.....

I think JR Smith who killed his best friend is a piece of shit.
    I think Kobe who raped a girl is a scumbag.
    I think LeBron who is a pretty decent guy is just a guy with an ego who I don't like much based on that ego. I just think he is incredibly naive if he thought those words wouldn't follow him after he said them.
    Why do people hate LBJ more than Kobe and JR then?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I think the biggest thing with LeBron is what he did to his home town. I think many equate that to turning your back on family or close friends.

Right or wrong, people will probably always be extremely critical of him for that reason.
    That's why I hope he goes back to Cleveland at some point. The city deserves it, and hopefully it will make people hate Lebron less because he is too great of a player to receive all this hate for a thing he did once that did no physical harm to anybody. I think we are really underappreciating how great of a player he is.

12. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    What has LBJ done since that time to parade his ego? If anything, he's learned from that and toned it down.

Why do people hate LBJ more than Kobe and JR then?

That's why I hope he goes back to Cleveland at some point. The city deserves it, and hopefully it will make people hate Lebron less because he is too great of a player to receive all this hate for a thing he did once that did no physical harm to anybody. I think we are really underappreciating how great of a player he is.
    Unfortunately, I don't pay enough attention to basketball to see much else that he does, but definitely saw those comments. That's the unfortunate part in saying things like that and in that manner. You can't control who hears them and how that comment is perceived.

I can't speak for other people, I definitely don't think that way.

I hope he goes back to Cleveland as well.

I think he would LIKE to go back to cleveland because he loves that place.... BUT.... good god, why would he go back? The scouting department is horrid, and they can't seem to get good players. Why would you go to a place where you KNOW you aren't going to be given help? At least in Miami, the GM has done exactly as he's promised over the years (other than get a better coach).
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

I'd eat a bullet before I moved to Cleveland, Ohio. What an armpit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information