Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: LeBron to refocus after vacation

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That, or maybe he sees the writing on the wall. All three of them are essentially perimeter players, and LeBron is the only one who is worth a max contract if they stay together. Bosh is a shooting gaurd in a power forward's body. I think he averaged about 4 rebounds a game in the finals, which is pitiful considering that's where they really needed help. Your small forward and shooting gaurd shouldn't be your best shooters.
    Based on your reasoning, I'd think that Wade & Bosh would be the ones that would want to go their separate ways so they can go somewhere they can be the #1 in order to get a max contract. Your assuming of course their #1 motivation is getting a max contract instead of more championships. However, if they wanted money more than rings, then they wouldn't have agree to play together in the 1st place.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Everyone understood WHY he did what he did, it was just the way he did what he did that was incredibly shallow and thoughtless to the people in Cleveland that loved that man. Besides...the fans in Cleveland have had to endure the Browns, they really don't deserve that.
    Having ESPN do something like a 1 hour special leading up to him announcing his decision was just way over the top & extremely nauseating for me personally.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Here's the difference.....

I think JR Smith who killed his best friend is a piece of shit.
    I think Kobe who raped a girl is a scumbag.
    I think LeBron who is a pretty decent guy is just a guy with an ego who I don't like much based on that ego. I just think he is incredibly naive if he thought those words wouldn't follow him after he said them.
    Fair enough. In general though, it just seems like LeBron takes way more crap in the media and among fans than either of those guys (Kobe took more crap initially, but it's amazing how quickly everyone forgot about Colorado once he started dominating the NBA again). I'll agree that the way he left Cleveland was callous, and he'd probably do it differently if given the chance to do it over. Having said that, it seems a little much to still be riding him so hard about it 4 years later.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Having ESPN do something like a 1 hour special leading up to him announcing his decision was just way over the top & extremely nauseating for me personally.
    so many people hated it, but so many watched it. I didn't bother watching it, probably bitter about Bosh leaving Toronto and just waited to hear after

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Fair enough. In general though, it just seems like LeBron takes way more crap in the media and among fans than either of those guys (Kobe took more crap initially, but it's amazing how quickly everyone forgot about Colorado once he started dominating the NBA again). I'll agree that the way he left Cleveland was callous, and he'd probably do it differently if given the chance to do it over. Having said that, it seems a little much to still be riding him so hard about it 4 years later.
    Bosh left TO like a jerk, Melo left Denver and if I recall wasn't nice about it. Not sure why the world hates Lebron... IDK...

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    Bosh left TO like a jerk, Melo left Denver and if I recall wasn't nice about it. Not sure why the world hates Lebron... IDK...
    It's just the price you pay for being the best and most famous player in the league I guess. You get the biggest target on your back.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

It's just the price you pay for being the best and most famous player in the league I guess. You get the biggest target on your back.
    I don't think so, people love a hero, Manning, Brady, MJ, Magic all loved by masses.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Jordan carried the Bulls to six NBA championship without complaining.
    Why should he complain? He was given every call.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

10. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Yeah, he carried them. He didn't have a top 50 player of all time (Pippen), one of the greatest defensive/rebounding big min of his generation (Rodman), and one of the greatest sharpshooters of all time (Kerr) on his team or anything. Oh wait, he did have all of those things.

Now this isn't to take away anything from Jordan, although I'm sure that's how some will take it. I'm simply saying it's flat out incorrect to say that Jordan just carried teams on his back to win 6 titles. Obviously he had a great deal to do with those titles and I'm not saying he isn't the greatest player ever, but let's be real about what he had around him.

LeBron certainly had comparable talent to that around him the last two years, and that's why they won two titles. But this year, Wade fell off a cliff, Allen and Lewis didn't provide much 3 point shooting, Chalmers PG play was atrocious, and they had no post game to speak of. None of these are excuses, they are just facts.
    As usual you gloss over everything that weakens your droning. First all Rodman wasn't on the first three championship teams. Second when Jordan retired the first time what happen to Bull? That's right they didn't win any championships did they? Going back and saying well losing your best player means you're probably not win the championship argument is weak at best. Jordan is the reason they won championships even if you're way to bullhead to admit it.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 06-18-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Why should he complain? He was given every call.
    True but point I was making OH is that the Bulls don't win championship without Jordan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As usual you gloss over everything that weakens your droning. First all Rodman wasn't on the first three championship teams. Second when Jordan retired the first time what happen to Bull? That's right they didn't win any championships did they? Going back and saying well losing your best player means you're probably not win the championship argument is weak at best. Jordan is the reason they won championships even if you're way to bullhead to admit it.
    I fully admit that Jordan was the main reason they won those titles. But I stand by what I said that if you take away any championship team's best player, they probably aren't winning the title without him. You think the Spurs are still winning titles without Duncan? The Heat without LeBron or Wade? LA without Kobe? Boston without Pierce? Houston without Hakeem? Dallas without Dirk? You're kidding yourself if you think any of those teams are still title contenders if one of those players suddenly retired in his prime.

My main point with this Jordan thing is that people have invented this insane revisionist history that Jordan pretty much single-handedly won 6 NBA titles. Yes, he was the main reason they won them. But he wouldn't have done it without the help he got from Pippen, Rodman, and Kerr. Not to mention possibly the greatest coach in NBA history.

The reason this revisionist history has been invented, IMO, is so they can hold LeBron up to the same insane standard and bash him when he fails to live up to it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

True but point I was making OH is that the Bulls don't win championship without Jordan.
    No shit? No one is debating this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

MJ was the best and most famous player in the league, and I don't remember him getting the biggest target on his back.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    MJ was the best and most famous player in the league, and I don't remember him getting the biggest target on his back.
    Yep.

No shit? No one is debating this point.
    Is it even possible for you two to just put each other on ignore so that the rest of us don't have to endure your childish pissing contests?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information