Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Combat Mission series

Default Combat Mission series

OK, I did a search and didn't find anything so I hope this isn't a dupe thread.

Recently I bought and downloaded several of the Combat Mission games. I have Shock Force (with the Semper Fi, NATO and British Forces expansions), Battle for Normandy (with both the Commonwealth and Market Garden expansions), and Red Thunder. I'm still gonna get Fortress Italy and the Gustav Line expansion.

I'm having a blast with these games. Shock Force is modern warfare while the rest are WWII. Anyone else playing? I got a few screenshots I thought I'd share
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.16.15 PM.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	4870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 10.29.26 PM.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	4871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 8.00.13 PM.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	4872

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 7.47.32 PM.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	4873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.25.33 PM.jpg 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	4874

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripleoption For This Post:

I'll try it out.

You can get them off the Battlefront.com website. You can play real time or turn based. I've found turn based works better for me at least. Real time it's hard to keep track of squads, leaders, HQ's, who's attached to who, etc. Here's a couple more shots I got. Both are from Red Thunder. One is a T-34/85 carrying infantry and the other is a group of Soviet soldiers crossing a river.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 12.02.49 AM.jpg 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	4877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 2.05.17 PM.jpg 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	4878

Do you have Steam?

No I don't. I've heard of it and used it some, but I
    don't know much about it either. What is it?

http://store.steampowered.com/

I'm pretty new to it. But I think I like it so far. They have some good deals. Some games are as low as one or two bucks. I've bought a couple games from there. I've started one of them but that's about it. I haven't played CM yet, and I couldn't find it on Steam. If you like strategy stuff like that, I thought you might find some good games on Steam. I got Civilization V several months ago. I used to play it for 10-15 hours straight. It's a bit addicting. It helped me get through my third shifts on my job pretty easily.

8. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Steam does have some cool games. Not much for Mac though, which I'm on. If you want Combat Mission go to Battlefront.com. I may be able to download some of the stuff from Steam onto my wives PC :P

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    Steam does have some cool games. Not much for Mac though, which I'm on. If you want Combat Mission go to Battlefront.com. I may be able to download some of the stuff from Steam onto my wives PC :P
    Oooh. Yeah. I didn't think about that. I've never had a Mac. I did a quick search and it looks like that have right under 1000 Mac-capable games. I'm not sure how many of those games are actually worth playing.

11. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Couple more screen shots, these from Combat Mission Shock Force. The first is a US soldier firing a Javelin, and the second is the T-55 a split second before the Javelin tears it a new one

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 12.49.41 AM.jpg 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	4879Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 12.51.47 AM.jpg 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	4880

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Oooh. Yeah. I didn't think about that. I've never had a Mac. I did a quick search and it looks like that have right under 1000 Mac-capable games. I'm not sure how many of those games are actually worth playing.
    I'll look through and find out. I may be able to get a few on the PC in the house.

I've never gotten into computer games much. Civ IV and Civ V are really the only games I played much. I just recently sold my PS4, so I'm looking for other things to procrastinate with. I don't know much about it, but my laptop is suppose to be good for gaming. I didn't really buy it for that, but if it's a decent gaming PC, I figure I'll try it out. It's a Toshiba Qosmio. It has the Intel i7 processor and what seems to be a decent graphics card.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    OK, I did a search and didn't find anything so I hope this isn't a dupe thread.

Recently I bought and downloaded several of the Combat Mission games. I have Shock Force (with the Semper Fi, NATO and British Forces expansions), Battle for Normandy (with both the Commonwealth and Market Garden expansions), and Red Thunder. I'm still gonna get Fortress Italy and the Gustav Line expansion.

I'm having a blast with these games. Shock Force is modern warfare while the rest are WWII. Anyone else playing? I got a few screenshots I thought I'd share

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.16.15 PM.jpg 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	4870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 10.29.26 PM.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	4871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 8.00.13 PM.jpg 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	4872

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 7.47.32 PM.jpg 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	4873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.25.33 PM.jpg 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	4874
    If your doing mission in 1945, use the M-26 Pershing instead of the M-4 Sherman when going up against Tigers. If this game is realistic to the real world, you'll thank me later.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

16. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

http://store.steampowered.com/

I'm pretty new to it. But I think I like it so far. They have some good deals. Some games are as low as one or two bucks. I've bought a couple games from there. I've started one of them but that's about it. I haven't played CM yet, and I couldn't find it on Steam. If you like strategy stuff like that, I thought you might find some good games on Steam. I got Civilization V several months ago. I used to play it for 10-15 hours straight. It's a bit addicting. It helped me get through my third shifts on my job pretty easily.
    I've never gotten into computer games much. Civ IV and Civ V are really the only games I played much. I just recently sold my PS4, so I'm looking for other things to procrastinate with. I don't know much about it, but my laptop is suppose to be good for gaming. I didn't really buy it for that, but if it's a decent gaming PC, I figure I'll try it out. It's a Toshiba Qosmio. It has the Intel i7 processor and what seems to be a decent graphics card.
    I've owned Civs II - IV & Alpha Centrari (basically a modification of Civ II). When I saw all of the changes made to Civ V in the strategy guild, I had no interest in buying it. I hope they base Civ VI, which I'm sure they're at least drawing up the frame work for by now, is based more on Civ IV rather than Civ V. I've been looking forward to them finally coming up with an update of Alpha Centrari, but it looks like it (Civilization: Beyond Earth) is going to be based on Civ V.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I've owned Civs II - IV & Alpha Centrari (basically a modification of Civ II). When I saw all of the changes made to Civ V in the strategy guild, I had no interest in buying it. I hope they base Civ VI, which I'm sure they're at least drawing up the frame work for by now, is based more on Civ IV rather than Civ V. I've been looking forward to them finally coming up with an update of Alpha Centrari, but it looks like it (Civilization: Beyond Earth) is going to be based on Civ V.
    It's been a while, but I didn't notice much of a difference. I felt like V was a cleaner looking version of IV.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    If your doing mission in 1945, use the M-26 Pershing instead of the M-4 Sherman when going up against Tigers. If this game is realistic to the real world, you'll thank me later.
    I looked into it and Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy and the expansions all take place in 1944, so no Pershings. Looks like there may be some mods for it on the internet, so I'll check them out.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information