Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Combat Mission series

I'm adding a few more screen shots of a scenario I'm playing in Battle for Normandy called Last Defense. I'm playing a German infantry company reinforced with assault guns and a Tiger and I have to assault a town and secure the bridge, then push north from the bridge. The first pic is from the POV of a MG team I set up in the woods outside of town to cover the main road to the bridge. You can see the tracers as the MG opens up on a unit of Americans that try to dash across the street. The explosion is from my Tiger that opened fire a split second before. The second pic is the POV from the American side as they're attacked.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 4.36.15 PM.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	4882Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 4.38.59 PM.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	4883

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    I looked into it and Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy and the expansions all take place in 1944, so no Pershings. Looks like there may be some mods for it on the internet, so I'll check them out.
    They didn't show up on the battlefield until the last couple of months of the war. So you'd only be able to use them in battles that take place east of the Rhine. By the time we crossed, there wasn't much left of the German war machine, just a lot of concentration & death camps. You'd need a game that was either very extensive in the tanks you get to choose from & allows you to battle in free play mode, or that was Korean War battles. I've no idea how N. Korean tanks stacked up against the Pershings.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Battle for Normandy is limited to 1944. I remember in the first version of Combat Mission about 10 years ago there were Pershings in the later battles. I did look a bit online to see what info there is about how Pershings did against T34/85's in Korea. This is about the best I could do for now: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=18455
    I found this statement interesting:
    Over the next several weeks Pershings and supporting infantry destroyed so many T-34s, that American troops began calling them “Caviar Cans”.

I've considered World of Tanks but I don't know if I'd want to pay to play or deal with other internet players. Do you play it and what do you think of it?

5. The Following User High Fived tripleoption For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Battle for Normandy is limited to 1944. I remember in the first version of Combat Mission about 10 years ago there were Pershings in the later battles. I did look a bit online to see what info there is about how Pershings did against T34/85's in Korea. This is about the best I could do for now: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=18455
    I found this statement interesting:
    Over the next several weeks Pershings and supporting infantry destroyed so many T-34s, that American troops began calling them “Caviar Cans”.

I've considered World of Tanks but I don't know if I'd want to pay to play or deal with other internet players. Do you play it and what do you think of it?
    True, but the T-34s were as obsolete as the Tigers compared to the Pershings. I know that as the war went on, the Soviets supplied N. Korea with top of the line aircraft. Although American stats show that we dominated them, the Soviets pointed out that planes that were secretly flown by Soviet pilots were a match for us. I've never heard any discussion of what Chinese pilots were or were not able to do. You'd have to do some pretty extensive research to verify the extent that this may or may not have been true about the tank battles of Korea.

I tried to download World of Tanks but apparently it doesn't work on Macs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I tried to download World of Tanks but apparently it doesn't work on Macs.
    I've been trying to download it since shortly after I suggested it to you, it's taking forever. 7450.63 MB

9. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

There's a version of World of Tanks that's free on Xbox 360, not sure if it's the same.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I've been trying to download it since shortly after I suggested it to you, it's taking forever. 7450.63 MB
    I just game up on the download for now. Over 2 1/2 hours & I only got 14% complete while bringing my ablity to do anything else on the internet to an almost complete stand still. I'll wait until tonight before I go to bed so it can spend all night downloading.

Wow at that rate it'll take you a couple of days. Give us a report when you get it up and running.

13. The Following User High Fived tripleoption For This Post:

Again more screenshots. This is cool taking screenshots, and you can work the video forward or backward till you find the place you want the pic of.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 12.22.22 AM.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	4895
    A sherman tank I got from close range playing the Barkmann's Corner Scenario

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information