Thread: Carmelo Anthony intends to opt out

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Carmelo Anthony intends to opt out

Despite efforts from New York Knicks president Phil Jackson to convince him to remain under contract, forward Carmelo Anthony hasn't changed his mind and plans to opt out of his contract and test free agency this summer, according to a league source familiar with the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com earlier this week that Jackson is continuing to urge Anthony to exercise next season's $23.3 million player option and put off unrestricted free agency for one more year. Anthony, according to sources, has until June 23 to inform the Knicks if he plans to opt out of his contract.

Jackson first said late last month that he hoped Anthony would consider opting in to the final year of his contract. Anthony had said publicly during the season that he planned to test free agency.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...st-free-agency

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

He wants to win and is tired of playing for a perennial loser.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He basically hand-picked New York. Interesting, to say the least.

He needs to be paired with an elite, pass-first point guard like Chris Paul.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

I think Melo would really help them get over the hump. Paul is the only guy they have that can create his own shot from anywhere, and it's not ideal having your best shot creater be 5'11". Additionally, SF is probably their weakest position.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think Melo would really help them get over the hump. Paul is the only guy they have that can create his own shot from anywhere, and it's not ideal having your best shot creater be 5'11". Additionally, SF is probably their weakest position.
    I think the Clippers would be up against the cap. I don't think he fits into that team at all. I think he fits with Paul, but not with Griffin and Jordan.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

hilarious. All those NY fans and all those "Im coming Home commercials" so full of it. I knew he would bail on them just like he bailed on Denver.

8. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

IMO, he needs to learn how to be a team player - pass the ball, move the ball, stop putting up so many shots. That is what SA does - they get everyone involved.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    IMO, he needs to learn how to be a team player - pass the ball, move the ball, stop putting up so many shots. That is what SA does - they get everyone involved.
    The only year he had another top flight player along side him was when Billups was in Denver. They were within several minutes of going to the finals (and one terrible in bound pass). Pair him with Paul (or a player like him) and a power forward or a center and he'll have a team that competes. The Spurs do fool people into thinking it's all just team, but Tim Duncan and Tony Parker are top 15 players and Kawhi Leonard and Ginobili are top 25.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Carmelo, Knicks negotiating deal

Representatives for Carmelo Anthony are presently in negotiations on a contract that will bring him back to the New York Knicks, sources tell ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

The Chicago Bulls and the Houston Rockets have been told by Anthony's representatives to move on, the sources said.

A source close to Anthony told ESPNNewYork.com that an announcement could come from the seven-time All-Star as soon as Sunday.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...cago-bulls-out

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Carmelo Anthony, Knicks reach deal

from article:

Carmelo Anthony, Knicks reach deal

The contract will be for more than $122 million but less than the five-year, $129 million max figure, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Saturday.

"A few years ago I dreamed of coming back to New York City, the place of my birth, and on February 23, 2011 that became a reality," Anthony said in a statement. "This organization has supported me and in return, I want to stay and build here with this city and my team. At this pivotal juncture in my career, I owed it to myself and my family to explore all of the options available to me. Through it all, my heart never wavered."
    full article - http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ew-york-knicks

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Long, but fantastic read from Simmons.

http://grantland.com/features/carmel...knicks-legacy/

Long, but fantastic read from Simmons.

http://grantland.com/features/carmel...knicks-legacy/
    Did you see the article he wrote about sitting first class with Donald Sterling? He's a pretty talented writer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Did you see the article he wrote about sitting first class with Donald Sterling? He's a pretty talented writer.
    He's the best sports columnist out there right now, IMO.

He's the best sports columnist out there right now, IMO.
    I've only read the one article by him that I mentioned above. Previously my only exposure to him was as a studio analyst. I could take him or leave him as a studio analyst, but he's an exceptional writer.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information