Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sterling hires investigators to dig up dirt on other owners/comissioners.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm reading what I wrote. I'm not seeing what has your panties in such a wad right now.
    I don't wear panties, and no wad here.

Your BTB is coming out. Just change your name back, for chrissake.

PS - you always HAVE to have the last word - go for it.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I have no idea what your deal is right now. I was posting on the topic of this thread until you came in here with your little "I wish we could all be as wholesome as BTB" quip. It's pretty clear you came into this thread for no other reason than to pick a fight. Why, I have no idea.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I have no idea what your deal is right now. I was posting on the topic of this thread until you came in here with your little "I wish we could all be as wholesome as BTB" quip. It's pretty clear you came into this thread for no other reason than to pick a fight. Why, I have no idea.
    Jesus, BTB. Change your tampon already!

Sorry. You can have the last word.... NOW.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I want the last word.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Anyway, back to the actual topic. If you are in a high profile position such as a pro sports owner, you have to just expect that the media/papparazzi/oppoenents are always out to find a juicy scoop to get you in hot water. That's just how it is in today's digital age. Does the lack of privacy suck? Absolutely, but there are responsibilities that come with being in a position of fame and power like a pro sports owner. Once you become a public figure, you can pretty much give up on any hopes you had of privacy in your life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Anyway, back to the actual topic. If you are in a high profile position such as a pro sports owner, you have to just expect that the media/papparazzi/oppoenents are always out to find a juicy scoop to get you in hot water. That's just how it is in today's digital age. Does the lack of privacy suck? Absolutely, but there are responsibilities that come with being in a position of fame and power like a pro sports owner. Once you become a public figure, you can pretty much give up on any hopes you had of privacy in your life.
    But it doesnt mean you should. While privacy is hard to come by as a celeb, athelete, musician, etc you are still entitled to privacy in your own home. Especially if you are recorded illegally, thats why we have laws like that in place.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    But it doesnt mean you should. While privacy is hard to come by as a celeb, athelete, musician, etc you are still entitled to privacy in your own home. Especially if you are recorded illegally, thats why we have laws like that in place.
    I'm not saying it's right that celebrities have such a lack of privacy, but it's just a reality of the world we live in today. You just have to know that, no matter how wrong it might be, that becoming a public figure pretty much rids you of any privacy.

I get that it's a really shitty thing about our society that should be changed, but you still have to be super careful about what you say knowing that things are the way they are.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As for Sterling, I'd probably feel much worse for him for his privacy being violated if he didn't have such an extensive history of documented racism.

If this were someone who was by all accounts was a really good guy and just got caught saying something stupid in what he thought was a private convo, then yeah, I'd be pretty outraged over him being booted from the NBA if that were the penalty.

But with Sterling, this was just the icing on the cake of what seems to be a lifetime of racism by him.

And now it's a general Sterling thread instead of talking about the topic of him hiring investigators. There's no reason in repeating everything that's been said in the other Sterling thread.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Fair enough. As for hiring investigators, I think it's kinda pathetic that he's trying to take everyone else down with him now. Doesn't shock me at all though. He is a crazy old nutjob.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont blame him really. Chances are he has probably been in private conversations with a lot of owners who have said things that would be deemed "not good" for the league's image. Im guessing he feels a bit betrayed by the other owners.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    We all wish we could be as good and wholesome as you, BTB.
    To be fair, it really should not take effort to not be racist. Like the fact that it's considered good and wholesome to not be racist as if it's a difficult thing to achieve is absurd. Not being racist is not that hard.

17. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Nice. I'm confident he's not the only racist, but I do think a person should be allowed to say whatever he wants in the privacy of their own home. As far as how those recordings effect him publicly, let that take its toll. Fans should boycott the Clippers and the players should boycott the playing. Simple. I am curious though, to see what happens out of this. If Sterling is not senile, then this is an intelligent move. If Sterling is senile, I wonder who told him to make this move (Mavericks' owner?).

19. The Following User High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    To be fair, it really should not take effort to not be racist. Like the fact that it's considered good and wholesome to not be racist as if it's a difficult thing to achieve is absurd. Not being racist is not that hard.
    Great point. Reminds me of the classic Chris Rock bit...

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Sterling shouldnt have any trouble digging up dirt, since anyone who ever criticized Obama can be labeled racist

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information