Thread: Bulk data transfers from 1 laptop to another

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Bulk data transfers from 1 laptop to another

The laptop with the data is W8, the 1 receiving is W7. I'm trying to use a firewire with the expectation that each computer would show up on the other's "My Computer" screen like an external drive of some sort. However, it didn't work. Could it have something to do with the W8 computer doesn't actually have a firewire port, so I'm using a USB & adaptor?

I've tried going to the networking screen, but I don't have a clue of what I'm doing.

HELP!
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

This may not be helpful, but I would put it all on an external hard drive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Plummer, Chris Harris Jr

I'd recommend investing in an external hard drive if you're looking to store large amounts of data. 500G go for about $49.00 or cheaper. You can use this drive the way you're looking to with the two laptops.

Another option might be to transfer your data onto USB drives 4, 8, 16, or 32g at a time, placing them on the W7 rig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    This may not be helpful, but I would put it all on an external hard drive.
    Become cloud proficient is a future project.

Right now I need to deal with a laptop with a case that cracked at the hinge connecting the monitor to the base. My old computer works fine, its just that I can’t take it any were for fear that opening & closing it will eventually lead to the monitor breaking off all together. So the older laptop my step dad gave me will serve as my travel laptop while my old laptop with serve as my home computer until I can afford to get a new 1.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information