Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos open contract talks with Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    The local sports media has been saying for quite awhile now that one of reasons that Elway let Decker, Moreno, Ayers, Woodyard, and the rest those walk was in order to re-sign D. Thomas and J. Thomas and Miller who will be coming up next year iirc. I
    Yeah, and that certainly makes sense. We all knew DT would be a big priority. As for Von, after they picked up his fifth year option, he's covered through 2015. We could always franchise him, or they could work something out earlier, but he's not as much of an immediate concern as the other two.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I can't find the article, but they asked DT about Decker. He said something to the effect that he's very happy for him, and they look forward to playing with each other again.

Weird?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I can't find the article, but they asked DT about Decker. He said something to the effect that he's very happy for him, and they look forward to playing with each other again.

Weird?
    DT has never really shown much of a mastery of English, so there is no telling what he meant

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Yeah, and that certainly makes sense. We all knew DT would be a big priority. As for Von, after they picked up his fifth year option, he's covered through 2015. We could always franchise him, or they could work something out earlier, but he's not as much of an immediate concern as the other two.
    I forgot that Miller's option was picked up. I wouldn't be surprised if Elway starts talks with Miller after next season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

Dez Bryant was drafted the same year as DT, so he's also still on his rookie deal. With the cap increasing, I'd say DT is going to command around $15 million APY. Depends on how the contract is structured, but I'd be shocked if we get it done for less than that (and he's well worth it).

I can't see JT getting $12 million. Gronk's APY is $9 million, and currently no other TE is even at $8.
    JT won't get $12 mill as lo g as graham loses his grievence. One pro bowl compared to a guy who has made it multie times. I could see $6-7 mill full of incentives.

The best state in the world. The one that you envy. Cali-Forn-I-A
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von "Puff Puff Pass" Miller

If I were a Broncos fan, id be very worried about my team potentially over paying Julius Thomas.

The kid has some talent, but Peyton Manning always makes whatever TE he has look better than he is. Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Marcus Pollard. All guys who went on to do nothing after Manning left.

I just dont see franchise type talent in JT. I wouldn't break the bank for him when I could stick any warm body at TE for Manning and they look like a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    If I were a Broncos fan, id be very worried about my team potentially over paying Julius Thomas.

The kid has some talent, but Peyton Manning always makes whatever TE he has look better than he is. Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Marcus Pollard. All guys who went on to do nothing after Manning left.

I just dont see franchise type talent in JT. I wouldn't break the bank for him when I could stick any warm body at TE for Manning and they look like a stud.
    I'm guessing Graham isn't benefitting from Brees? Did Gronk benefit from Brady? Tell those QBs that they don't need their TE because they could just put any warm body in there.

We could SEE that Tamme was the benefit of a great QB... (hell, what player isn't?) but Tamme just was never a top NFL athlete. But one can also see that JT is a HARD player for defenders to cover, and IS a stud NFL athlete. That's the difference. JT isn't just some warm body.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    but wait. . . i thought we drafted latimer to replace DT?

I personally hope not, but it COULD happen if they decide that D.T. wants too much money, which is a distinct possibility. He's supposed to be in line for $12 million a year, but who really knows what he wants or what they are willing to offer?

In that case, they could always decline to conclude contract negotiations this year (they have stated they will do this if he's not agreed to terms before training camp) and then franchise him in 2015. Then they would have 2 years with Cody Latimer to see if he can replace D.T.'s production for less money.

If they decide Cody can't fill the bill, they can decide if they want to bite the bullet in 2015 and re-sign D.T. for what he's worth, or else let him go in 2016 and get somebody else.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT88

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    DT has never really shown much of a mastery of English, so there is no telling what he meant
    What an ignorant thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I'm guessing Graham isn't benefitting from Brees? Did Gronk benefit from Brady? Tell those QBs that they don't need their TE because they could just put any warm body in there.

We could SEE that Tamme was the benefit of a great QB... (hell, what player isn't?) but Tamme just was never a top NFL athlete. But one can also see that JT is a HARD player for defenders to cover, and IS a stud NFL athlete. That's the difference. JT isn't just some warm body.
    You're right about this. With Julius Thomas they have a TE who could develop into one of the NFL's top receiving TEs. Remember that because of his frequent injuries and slow start he's only had 1 good year so far, last year. We haven't even seen how far this guy could develop.

I think of what the Patriots were able to achieve when they had Gronk and Hernandez together. Because of his size and strength, having D.T. with Julius Thomas is somewhat like that. Both create mismatches and having them together makes the offense hard to stop.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    You do realize that by beginning your post like this you come across as a "concern troll"? It's a free country and you can post here if you register I suppose, but this is a site for Broncos fans. What in hell are you doing here anyway with your "Rich Gannon > John Elway" crap? You don't catch me hanging out at the Black Hole talking equally B.S. smack about the Raiders. "Craig Morton > Kenny Stabler"

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
    What an ignorant thing to say.
    Have you heard him speak? It's a simple fact he does not speak very well.

He's just got a thick country accent, being from Georgia. He's actually a pretty bright guy. He graduated in 3.5 years with honors, and scored around a 37 on the wonderlic.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

You do realize that by beginning your post like this you come across as a "concern troll"? It's a free country and you can post here if you register I suppose, but this is a site for Broncos fans. What in hell are you doing here anyway with your "Rich Gannon > John Elway" crap? You don't catch me hanging out at the Black Hole talking equally B.S. smack about the Raiders. "Craig Morton > Kenny Stabler"
    Lol I never thought he was Real. I thought it was a parody account created by someone in here just to amuse themselves.

If the dude is real his posts are never serious - I especially enjoy the lunacy of some of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT88

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He's just got a thick country accent, being from Georgia. He's actually a pretty bright guy. He graduated in 3.5 years with honors, and scored around a 37 on the wonderlic.
    And this.

Just because someone isn't immaculate in public speaking, they have a poor "mastery of the English language?"

People need to think before they post bullshit like that lest they enjoy looking the opposite of the superior "intelligence" they portray.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information