Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tablets vs laptops

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    We just got my daughter the Sony Vaio Flip. Best of both worlds, but a bit pricey.

The screen locks in place while using it as a laptop, the top folds in half and flips down over the keyboard for use as a tablet. I liked this one the best, because the others folded to the back of the unit, leaving the keyboard exposed.

It has USB ports and is Ethernet or wireless. It does not have a built in DVD/CD, but I have a portable one if she ever needs it. We got the 8Gb of RAM and a 500Gb hard drive.
    This does look really cool. I'm not much of a fan of windows 8, but this looks to be a pretty nicely designed unit.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

You can get a pretty impressive W8 touch bundle for less than $400 at Best Buy.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    We just got my daughter the Sony Vaio Flip. Best of both worlds, but a bit pricey.

The screen locks in place while using it as a laptop, the top folds in half and flips down over the keyboard for use as a tablet. I liked this one the best, because the others folded to the back of the unit, leaving the keyboard exposed.

It has USB ports and is Ethernet or wireless. It does not have a built in DVD/CD, but I have a portable one if she ever needs it. We got the 8Gb of RAM and a 500Gb hard drive.
    I'm 6'3", & have hands that are proportionate to someone my size. Therefore, all of the keyboards that come with tablets are just too small for me. I've considered getting a regular blue tooth keyboard & see if I can get it to work with my Galaxy Tab 2, but I've had little success getting any blue tooth devices to work. So if I have my table, I'll never type anything that's more than maybe a couple of sentences. If I need to write more, I wait until I get to my laptop or make sure I have it if its likely that I'll be writing anything of such length, such as this response.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I'm 6'3", & have hands that are proportionate to someone my size. Therefore, all of the keyboards that come with tablets are just too small for me. I've considered getting a regular blue tooth keyboard & see if I can get it to work with my Galaxy Tab 2, but I've had little success getting any blue tooth devices to work. So if I have my table, I'll never type anything that's more than maybe a couple of sentences. If I need to write more, I wait until I get to my laptop or make sure I have it if its likely that I'll be writing anything of such length, such as this response.
    The keyboard on this unit is that of a laptop. It really is a laptop first, with tablet capabilities second.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I love my tablet for work, but am definitely in the market for a keyboard to go with it. The touch screen keyboard is great for posting here and facebook, but it's a pain in the arse for actually working on word or excel docs. I do have a office suite on my tablet that has been great and the memory is great, but the long docs on touchscreen keyboard is really my only downfall.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Hows your daughter feeling GEM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

9. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

GEM

Tablets can be handy, but you really need a PC/laptop. You can get docs programs for tablets. I only use them when I'm away from home and doing homework. I usually save it to my Google Drive and then review or finish on my laptop before submitting. I also bought a keyboard for my tablet.

There are too many things that can go wrong. I think if it's one or the other, he needs a laptop.

11. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    Hows your daughter feeling GEM?
    Much better, thank goodness!!
    Thank you for checking in on her, I appreciate that!

13. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Glad to hear that. To me there's nothing worse than a stomach ailment.

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    Glad to hear that. To me there's nothing worse than a stomach ailment.
    Flesh eating bacteria?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Flesh eating bacteria?
    As long as it doesn't make me throw up

17. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I have had this since September and it's the perfect college laptop IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-XE303C.../dp/B009LL9VDG

Cheap, low maintenance, lightweight, does everything a college student needs to do. That said, I have low standards when it comes to technological stuff because i'm just in it for the basics. Gimme a laptop that allows me to use the internet/netflix/youtube and write papers, and give me a phone that allows me to text message, call, and use twitter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I would go with one of the Asus transformers. 32 or 64 gig SSD drive on the tablet portion and 500 gigs on the dock (keyboard). I used to work in electronics and prefer the detachqble devices because you don't want to be out everything if your keyboard goes out and u have to send it in for repair. asus were the first to market with atrue convertible as well

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I would go with one of the Asus transformers. 32 or 64 gig SSD drive on the tablet portion and 500 gigs on the dock (keyboard). I used to work in electronics and prefer the detachqble devices because you don't want to be out everything if your keyboard goes out and u have to send it in for repair. asus were the first to market with atrue convertible as well
    Yeah..but the reviews on tht are just .....meh. The keyboards don't always work, the brightness of the screen is poor, and its a tiny 10.5" screen (ok for pad, but really small for a laptop).

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information