Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Kevin Durant wins first MVP award

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Heck, Memphis almost took them out this year WITH Westbrook and an improved Jackson. Too bad Z-Bo had to be an idiot and punch a guy in game 6.

That had a lot more to do with poor play by the Thunder, (and yes I'm pointing a finger at Westbrook and his ~25 shots per game in that series), than it did Memphis' play. If Westbrook can ever quit trying to do too much, the Thunder are unstoppable.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    That had a lot more to do with poor play by the Thunder, (and yes I'm pointing a finger at Westbrook and his ~25 shots per game in that series), than it did Memphis' play. If Westbrook can ever quit trying to do too much, the Thunder are unstoppable.
    I think you underestimate Memphis a bit (disclaimer: I'm a Grizz fan). They have always played OKC tough. Taken them to 2 game 7s in the last 4 years and took a series in 5. Their perimeter defense makes it tougher on Durant and Westbrook than probably any other team.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think you underestimate Memphis a bit (disclaimer: I'm a Grizz fan). They have always played OKC tough. Taken them to 2 game 7s in the last 4 years and took a series in 5. Their perimeter defense makes it tougher on Durant and Westbrook than probably any other team.
    I agree with your point to an extent, but when OKC actually executed they beat Memphis by double digits. When they were lackadaisacal, they went to O.T. four times.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I agree with your point to an extent, but when OKC actually executed they beat Memphis by double digits. When they were lackadaisacal, they went to O.T. four times.
    Yeah obviously OKC is the superior team, but Memphis does do a good job of slowing down their offense. Tough to do consistently over a 7 game series though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Do you got to a lot of games NTL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information