Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant wins first MVP award

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I don't think he has been classy at all. At best, for lack of a better descriptor he has been politically correct. His reputation proceeds him and he is doing some things to try and mitigate the damage.
    Do you have any basis for any of this? You can base your ideas off of some unreasonable hatred you have for him, but I will base mine on the words he has actually said. He has always been extremely classy when it comes to Durant, and he even mentored him on Team USA and worked out with him in offseasons when Durant was younger. But let me guess, all of that was just some big publicity stunt too?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Heat’s LeBron James: I will be on NBA’s Mount Rushmore of greats ‘for sure’

There’s no doubt in LeBron James’ mind that he will claim a spot on the “Mount Rushmore” of NBA greats by the time his career comes to a close.

The four-time MVP told NBA TV’s Steve Smith that he is certain that he will go down as one of the league’s four greatest players when he decides to call it quits.

“I’m going to be one of the top four to ever play this game,” James said. “For sure. And if they don’t want me to have one of those top four spots, they better find another spot. We’ve got to bump somebody. Somebody got to get bumped. That’s not for me to decide. That’s for the architects, to chisel somebody’s face out and put mine up there.”
    rest - http://nba.si.com/2014/02/11/lebron-...re-nba-greats/

James is all about himself

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    You didn't answer my question when it comes to how LeBron has talked about/interacted with Durant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah, this LeBron guy is just a giant douchebag when it comes to Durant...

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...witter-account

The bond with Durant is one that dates to Durant's time at the University of Texas and James' days as a rising NBA star.

"Our relationship has been growing since he was in high school, all the way through Texas and all his years in the NBA," James said during the NBA Finals. "From day one, I always lent my hand out to guide him if he needed it, to help him, to mentor him if he needed it through anything, and that's on and off the floor."

Durant said last year's combined workouts had nothing to do with easing of competitive spirit.

"Just two guys wanted to get better, and that's what we did, just workouts," he said. "It's something you've got to take advantage of. I always want to get better no matter what, and that's what we did."

The two had such a good time working out last offseason that Durant later returned to Akron amid the lockout with a bunch of friends for a flag-football game against James and the Heat forward's friends.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You didn't answer my question when it comes to how LeBron has talked about/interacted with Durant.
    I said - if he was sincere in what he said in regards to saying that Durant should be the MVP. I did not say that he has talked about him in the past, that he has interacted with him in the past.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

7. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I said - if he was sincere in what he said in regards to saying that Durant should be the MVP. I did not say that he has talked about him in the past, that he has interacted with him in the past.
    My question is why you would question his sincerity in his comments at all when nothing in his history with Durant would suggest that LeBron has anything but the utmost respect for him.

Adopted Bronco:

My question is why you would question his sincerity in his comments at all when nothing in his history with Durant would suggest that LeBron has anything but the utmost respect for him.
    My comment was strictly in regards to the MVP award for this year. Before Durant was named MVP, it was reported he would win it. In regards to whether James was being sincere in stating Durant should win the MVP - versus thinking that he should once again be the MVP. Read the article I posted on him, with his talk with Stephen A. Smith. In that conversation, James states exactly how great he feels he is.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

My comment was strictly in regards to the MVP award for this year. Before Durant was named MVP, it was reported he would win it. In regards to whether James was being sincere in stating Durant should win the MVP - versus thinking that he should once again be the MVP. Read the article I posted on him, with his talk with Stephen A. Smith. In that conversation, James states exactly how great he feels he is.
    He can think he's great and still be sincere in saying that Durant deserved the MVP this season.

It's not like it was an inaccurate headline at the time. When that headline came out he was 3-7 in his last 10 playoff games and had faltered late in many of them. Plus, he's a public figure, so newspapers have no responsibility not to hurt his feelings. He's a big boy, I'm sure he can handle it.
    He plays a team sport. Not golf or tennis.

12. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

He can think he's great and still be sincere in saying that Durant deserved the MVP this season.
    Read my post again - I said IF he was sincere.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    KD is the man - I was infuriated at The Oklahoman for their article titled "Mr. Unreliable" it truly hurt KD's feelings (his mom was quite livid as well)

Even if he never wins a title he should never be called names - its pathetic that the paper stooped to that level for a little "press"
    A guy that took $1,000,000 out of his own pocket for the tornadoes is unreliable? That's completely laughable. Jerks.

I'm not really sure I follow. So if you to win one series right now to save your life and you could have either LeBron or Durant to lead your team, who would you take?
    Durant.

16. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    A guy that took $1,000,000 out of his own pocket for the tornadoes is unreliable? That's completely laughable. Jerks.
    What does that have to do with being reliable in a basketball game?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Read my post again - I said IF he was sincere.
    Read my question again. What reason would you have to even question if he was being sincere?

What does that have to do with being reliable in a basketball game?
    I just think that was the worst word they could use to describe the guy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information