Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CoD - Advanced Warfare

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default CoD - Advanced Warfare

New CoD officially announced -

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/05/02/new-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-revealed-ahead-of-schedule/

This iteration is developed by Sledgehammer Games.

I don't like this cycle where developers switching like this, Infinity Ward, Treyarch, (who makes the best ones IMO) and now Sledgehammer. Three is too many, two was plenty.

I also don't like the setting. This has been done already as far as im concerned with BO2.

It is also being focused on the PS4 and Xbox One. Expect diluted and mediocre ports for 360 and PS3, and straight trash for the Wii U.

I will wait for Halo 5 and may sit this one.

The market is ready for WWII shooters to return.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Ghosts was awful. I hate switching between developers - adding a 3rd sounds like they've completely jumped the shark with this franchise.

4. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I think Treyarch's versions are best and innovative (ZOMBIES!)

COD3, World at War, and Black Ops are the best of the series IMO.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

YEah.. saw this trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFu5qXMuaJU

I'm not very impressed. I'm going to pass on this one.

But I'm looking forward to the release of Watchdogs at the end of this month, and keeping VERY close eyes for Elite Dangerous.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/05/02/11-call-of-duty-game-changers-in-advanced-warfighter

Heres a breakdown of the 'new additions' to CoD. However, these things have been around in other games now for some time.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I loved the first MF but after that got boring, I have ghosts and for the first time not even close to finishing it

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    New CoD officially announced -

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...d-of-schedule/

This iteration is developed by Sledgehammer Games.

I don't like this cycle where developers switching like this, Infinity Ward, Treyarch, (who makes the best ones IMO) and now Sledgehammer. Three is too many, two was plenty.

I also don't like the setting. This has been done already as far as im concerned with BO2.

It is also being focused on the PS4 and Xbox One. Expect diluted and mediocre ports for 360 and PS3, and straight trash for the Wii U.

I will wait for Halo 5 and may sit this one.

The market is ready for WWII shooters to return.
    Black Ops II for the Wii U was great, but Ghosts sucked. I think it sucked on all platforms from what I heard. And you and Buff are right, a 3rd developer not only reeks of a bad decision, it just shows that they are more about getting a game out every year than making it good. I think Call of Duty 3 or the first Modern Warfare were my favorites.

11. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Having a third developer is great for the game, it gives each developer 3 years to perfect the game instead of rushing it and having to do quick fixes because of the broken mechanics in the GM

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i first played COD with the WW2 one about 10 years ago. Loved it. Have not bought the last 4. Really do not compare to Battlefield, and it has become really recycled. Sucks, i loved the series once upon a time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

CoD was never rushed, IW and Treyarch always had enough time to provide a polished product that each felt and looked different.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Crysis + Halo + BO2 - Advanced Warfare.

The more I see it the more I hate it.

They need a one year break and stop with the yearly release.

This is the first one I will not get.

CoD was never rushed, IW and Treyarch always had enough time to provide a polished product that each felt and looked different.
    if your saying that making a game every 2 years on the same date, while working on other games in between isn't rushed then you are sadly informed. Do research my dude, to create a typical AAA triple title every year(or 2 years) is extremely hard to do. Compare it to Madden, the game has a broken mechanic each year because one year to create a brand new GM while working on other gms is simply not enough time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfannum24 View Post
    if your saying that making a game every 2 years on the same date, while working on other games in between isn't rushed then you are sadly informed. Do research my dude, to create a typical AAA triple title every year(or 2 years) is extremely hard to do. Compare it to Madden, the game has a broken mechanic each year because one year to create a brand new GM while working on other gms is simply not enough time.
    I don't agree, because this isn't a typical 'new' game. The game engine is almost always the same aside from a few tweaks, the control scheme hasn't changed in 10 years, so they don't depend on too much beta testing like new titles do.

Aside from a few basic additions to MP, it's the same game.

Also Treyarch and IW haven't done much aside from CoD.

Big COD nerd here.

Still don't have an XBOX ONE. I have been way too busy with the Railroad doing Conductor exams to slow down. Basically I am all finished testing for the next few months and will be getting back to my hobby, gaming.

I have decided to wait for the Advanced Warfare XBOX 1 console. It looks pretty bad ass imo. Not too sure about the game but despite some bad early reviews I am still going to get it, it comes with the bundle anyway for $499 PLUS it is 1 Terabyte in memory, which is insane!

Long story short, ill have it Nov 3rd.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I'm going to have to go with a PS4.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information