Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Player Would You Sell The Farm For In The Draft?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Funny thing is, when you look at the players drafted with all the picks Ditka traded away, had Ricky made his mental adjustments earlier it would have been a great move.
    Williams playing an at all pro level wouldn't have made the Saints a playoff team. There are zero examples where that kind of move has worked for the team that sold out like that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Funny thing is, when you look at the players drafted with all the picks Ditka traded away, had Ricky made his mental adjustments earlier it would have been a great move.
    Williams playing an at all pro level wouldn't have made the Saints a playoff team. There are zero examples where that kind of move has worked for the team that sold out like that.
    . There are also zero examples of a tem like the Broncos going all in. I'm not endorsing the idea but im just playing the other side a little

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    . There are also zero examples of a tem like the Broncos going all in. I'm not endorsing the idea but im just playing the other side a little
    Yes there is. The Vikings when they traded for Walker were a playoff contender.

At any rate I personally would do something like and I'm reasonably sure Elway won't either.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-29-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Adopted Bronco:

Since "selling the farm" was taken too literally and blown out of proportion, I'll just list the guys I would love to move up to get (in no particular order) if a reasonable option presented itself...

Justin Gilbert
    Mike Evans
    Khalil Mack
    Calvin Pryor

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Since "selling the farm" was taken too literally and blown out of proportion, I'll just list the guys I would love to move up to get (in no particular order) if a reasonable option presented itself...

Justin Gilbert
    Mike Evans
    Khalil Mack
    Calvin Pryor
    No War said he would pull a Ditka for Mack. Ditka did traded all of his draft picks for one player. That's not being being too literal it.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-29-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Adopted Bronco:

No War said he would pull a Ditka for Mack. Ditka did traded most of his draft picks for one player. That's not taking it too literally.
    A dozen posts proclaiming it as a bad idea is taking it too literally. It's a bad idea...we get it. So instead of betting the hell out of a dead horse, why not lighten it a bit and list players you'd give up a "few" picks to move up for. WAR would give up 7 picks for one and no one else would. So, we can have fun with this thread or spend 10 pages bitching about the same thing.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    A dozen posts proclaiming it as a bad idea is taking it too literally. It's a bad idea...we get it. So instead of betting the hell out of a dead horse, why not lighten it a bit and list players you'd give up a "few" picks to move up for. WAR would give up 7 picks for one and no one else would. So, we can have fun with this thread or spend 10 pages bitching about the same thing.
    No it's not bitching to talk about the subject at hand. The conversation so far has been cordial and as long as it remains cordial there is no legitimate reason to tell others how they should post.

Back your to you thought, I can't think of one player in this draft I would give up two or three picks for. If it were Andrew Luck I would but as far as I know there isn't a guy like him in this draft.

Clowney is the only guy in the draft that seems to be that 'once in a generation' type pick. That would be the ONE I would buy all in for.

As far as the Ditka trade, the guys taken with the Williams draft choices, didn't turn out for crap. SOMETIMES that ONE player can make your entire draft. Hell, if you draft 5 guys and end up with ONE GREAT player, then it was a good draft...... ESPECIALLY with today's rookie signing bonuses and contracts. That makes getting that guy even that much better, because they will be on your team LONGER for less money.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Hearing Kalil Mack is going to be every bit as good as Von Miller. But he doesnt fill a need when we A.) Already have Von freaking Miller and B.) Have Danny T on the other side and will never be a MLB. So just scratch that talk right meow.

In short, there's no one I could see us trading the whole farm for this year. But if someone drops within striking distance then I could see us trading a few chickens and cows to move up a few spots or so. But keep the damn farm!!!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Yes there is. The Vikings when they traded for Walker were a playoff contender.

At any rate I personally would do something like and I'm reasonably sure Elway won't either.

Walker was deep into his career...it was a dumb move from everyones perspective on the planet except the guy who pulled the trigger.

But as coach says, I am talking the picks we own in this draft only. We would still be able to sign undrafted players, and if I were an undrafted player and I knew the Broncos didnt draft anyone else, that would make them a very

desirable option. Every team in the league is fighting over undrafted guys once the bell sounds. So its not like we would come away with simply one player.

I would do it for Mack, and I believe we may very well move up into the teens in this draft if the right player is there and the right deal.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Hearing Kalil Mack is going to be every bit as good as Von Miller. But he doesnt fill a need when we A.) Already have Von freaking Miller and B.) Have Danny T on the other side and will never be a MLB. So just scratch that talk right meow.

In short, there's no one I could see us trading the whole farm for this year. But if someone drops within striking distance then I could see us trading a few chickens and cows to move up a few spots or so. But keep the damn farm!!!

Well the premise for what I said is looking at the hole at MLB.

Trevathan has shown he can play there. So putting him in the middle and Mack on the outside makes a very, very (imo) scary front seven in this league.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

If Trevathan was so good in the middle then Woody would still be here. Neither guy is a MLB.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    None outside of Clowney. He's the only once in a generation talent in this draft.
    I like clowney as a prospect just not nearly as much as everybody else.

Id take Mack as the best defensive prospect and Watkins as the best overall talent in this class by far.

I would never put the title as a once in a generation prospect to a player who had 3 sacks in 11 games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post

I like clowney as a prospect just not nearly as much as everybody else.

Id take Mack as the best defensive prospect and Watkins as the best overall talent in this class by far.

I would never put the title as a once in a generation prospect to a player who had 3 sacks in 11 games.
    Clowney was double teamed almoat every play and triple teamed often and still provided pressure, I watched quite a few games of his. He would get the tackle the guard and a RB blocking him. Sacks do not always paint the picture. He provided a lot of pressure on QBs still.

Clowney has such an insanely high ceiling. He is that good. But like any player his attitude and work ethic can ruin him if he tries to skate by with skill alone.

17. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    If Trevathan was so good in the middle then Woody would still be here. Neither guy is a MLB.
    dont agree. Wood somehow ended up in del Rios dog house

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information