Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Alleged Sterling talk being probed

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Alleged Sterling talk being probed

An audio recording purportedly of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling making racist remarks to his girlfriend is being investigated by the NBA.

In the recording, the man believed to be Sterling questions his girlfriend, V. Stiviano, about her association with minorities. TMZ reports that Stiviano, who is black and Mexican, posted a picture of her with Magic Johnson on Instagram, a photo that has since been removed.

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you're associating with black people. Do you have to?" the man believed to be Sterling says. He continues, "You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games."
    rest - plus video - http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...onald-sterling

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I wouldn't want people know my girlfriend was banging black guys. I also wouldn't tell my wife about my girlfriend.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

What a shame. Now people are going to hate on the Clippers players and coaches and fans. Direct the hate at the owner. He will get his due when the players bolt next chance they get, demand trades and they will get no decent free agents in the future. He will be forced to sell the team. Dumbass. Dude made millions off the backs of black people and he hasn't found a way to get past his racism? Now that's hate.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    What a shame. Now people are going to hate on the Clippers players and coaches and fans. Direct the hate at the owner. He will get his due when the players bolt next chance they get, demand trades and they will get no decent free agents in the future. He will be forced to sell the team. Dumbass. Dude made millions off the backs of black people and he hasn't found a way to get past his racism? Now that's hate.
    I'm not sure if anything will happen. It's far from the first time he's done something like this. Maybe the league will fine him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I'm not sure if anything will happen. It's far from the first time he's done something like this. Maybe the league will fine him.
    No. People after this season will straight out demand trades, refuse to play for him, refuse to come as free agents. He will (deservedly) be pressured by a ton of groups. He'll sell the team.

In August 2006, the U.S. Department of Justice sued Sterling for housing discrimination in using race as a factor in filling some of his apartment buildings. The suit charged that Sterling refused to rent to non-Koreans in the Koreatown neighborhood and to African Americans in Beverly Hills.[5] The suit alleges Sterling once said he did not like to rent to Hispanics because they "smoke, drink and just hang around the building," and that "Black tenants smell and attract vermin."[5] In November 2009, ESPN reported that Sterling agreed to pay a fine of $2.73 million to settle claims brought by the Justice Department and Davin Day of Newport Beach that he engaged in discriminatory rental practices against Hispanics, blacks, and families with children.[6] In addition, Sterling was also ordered to pay attorneys' fees and costs in that action of $4,923,554.75. [Order Granting Motion for Prevailing Party's Attorneys' Fees and Costs, dated November 2, 2005, C.D. Cal. Case No. 2:03-cv-00859-DSF-E Dkt No. 454]. In granting the attorney's fees and costs Judge Dale S. Fischer noted "Sterling's' scorched earth' litigation tactics, some of which are described by the Plaintiffs' counsel and some of which were observed by the Court. The Court has no difficulty accepting Plaintiffs' counsel's representations that the time required to be spent on this case was increased by defendant's counsel's often unacceptable, and sometimes outrageous conduct." [Id. at p. 5]

In February 2009, Sterling was sued by former longtime Clippers executive Elgin Baylor for employment discrimination on the basis of age and race.[7] The lawsuit alleges Sterling told Baylor that he wanted to fill his team with "poor black boys from the South and a white head coach".[5] The suit alleges that during negotiations for Danny Manning, Sterling said "I'm offering a lot of money for a poor black kid."[5][8] The suit noted those comments while alleging "the Caucasian head coach was given a four-year, $22-million contract", but Baylor's salary had "been frozen at a comparatively paltry $350,000 since 2003".[7]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Sterling

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

He gets out of this easily - by owning the NBA's first all-gay team. Change the logo to include hair clippers and put them in pink shoes with little bells. All of Hollywood will be lined up in his corner. Dennis Rodman can coach.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I don't see this racist SOB making it out of this one.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

When I first saw the headline I just thought "really, we are getting outraged over an old white guy saying something racist?", but after seeing the comments that is pretty bad. This actually deserves all of the outrage that Riley Cooper drunkenly shouting the N word got.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Ya, with his team threatening to boycott the playoffs because of the racist comments, it looks like Sterling is finished and is going to go down in flames. An angry old man. Sad.
    Moral of the story-If you are high profile, When out in public, Dont say anything that you wouldnt want recorded
    Edit-.After hearing what this guy said,he is pretty pathetic. Pretty blatant racist. Unless its not really his voice.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/clipper...235601798.html
    Last edited by Dzone; 04-27-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

First of all, note that this story was first reported by TMZ.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    They have a tape recording. It's not like it was hearsay from an unreliable TMZ reporter.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    TMZ is owned by a group of attorneys

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

There's something significant missing from this incident, an apology or denial by Sterling himself. It's been 48 hours since TMZ broke this story, how do you not respond to something like this ASAP.

As I was typing this, the sideline reporter reported that his wife isn't sure that's her husband's voice.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information