Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: Alleged Sterling talk being probed

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    You know, Cowherd was talkign about the diffrent suites today in a conversation about the latest "NFL" law suite, and its amazing what people have sued for and won.

A physical therepist sued for whiplash while at at a strip club, because his face was bouncing off her boobs so much "I felt like I was being hit with bricks." He won

A thief didn't head the warning on the store window about high voltage security, sued for when he BROKE into the shop and electrocuted himself (not to death)... and won.

It's amazing.
    I read an article about a guy who was prosecuted for murder in Brittain because thieves broke into his house and he shot one or both of them....what is the world coming to? I'm glad I still have the right to defend my home and family in Idaho.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 05-23-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...geles-clippers

Shelly Sterling to negotiate sale
    Updated: May 23, 2014, 11:59 AM ET
    By Ramona Shelburne | ESPN.com

Disgraced Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has agreed to allow his wife, Shelly, to negotiate a forced sale of the team, sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.

Shelly Sterling and her lawyers have been negotiating with the NBA since her husband was banned for life by commissioner Adam Silver on April 29. While the league has yet to formally accept this arrangement, sources said if she is willing to sell the team in its entirety, this could bring a startlingly quick end to what appeared to be a protracted legal battle.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

yay
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I read an article about a guy who was prosecuted for murder in Brittain because thieves broke into his house and he shot one or both of them....what is the world coming to. I'm glad I still have the right to defend my home and family in Idaho.
    I learned of a story where a guy broke into a home. While walking out, carrying one of the big old tvs that we used to have, he slipped on the ice that was covering the walkway to the house. The burglar sued the home owner and won because it was city law that the home owner had to keep their walkways clear of ice.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Interesting. It seems just like a week or so ago she was saying she wanted to keep her part of the team.

*Edit*

Oh i see, sounds like she is trying to find a way to sell some of Donald's share yet keep her own.

Shelly Sterling does intend to sell the Clippers, but it remains unclear how much of a share -- if not all -- she's willing to sell, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
    NBA rules, however, prevent him from transferring a controlling interest in the team to anyone. A new controlling owner would need to be approved by the board of governors, and Shelly Sterling would not be approved.

Although Shelly Sterling's lawyers have made it clear to the league that she intends to maintain her 50 percent interest in the team, they have also said both publicly and privately that she would like to resolve the situation amicably.
    Last edited by Northman; 05-23-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Donald Sterling: Proceedings a sham

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling responded forcefully to the NBA's charges to terminate his ownership Tuesday evening, calling the NBA's penalties "draconian" and the proceedings a "sham."

In the documents sent to the NBA offices by Sterling's attorney, Maxwell Blecher, Sterling denies every allegation and charge made by the NBA and asks that the proceedings to terminate him at a Board of Governors hearing on June 3 be dismissed.
    AND
    Donald Sterling argues that the recordings made by his former assistant V. Stiviano were made without his knowledge, making them inadmissible under any circumstances under California law, calling it a "clear and blatant violation of Mr. Sterling's California constitutional rights."
    full article - http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...nian-penalties

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    The news media does it all the time.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Until recently, Illinois, like California, was among just 12 states that required all parties to a conversation to consent to that conversation being recorded, absent a court order (see the 2012 graphic, right, from the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press.)
    http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news...04/listen.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information