Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Alleged Sterling talk being probed

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

There is also a report that his girlfriend is being sued by another family member and mentioned that she would get revenge. What that means exactly im not sure but either way the dude has a history of racism and hasnt denied the allegations so i think its more than likely something he said. Not sure if the NBA can fine him or what will happen but im pretty players wont be sticking around or wanting to sign up to be a Clipper anytime soon.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Disclaimer: Donald Sterling appears to be a scumbag.

But the outrage over this is hilarious. This guy is a known racist. Multiple incidents have happened years before. But now Doc Rivers doesn't want to be his coach and now Magic Johnson doesn't want to go to games? It's disingenuous outrage. His racism is documented. Why now is it suddenly a deal breaker?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Exclusive: The Extended Donald Sterling Tape

Deadspin has acquired an extended, 15-minute version of the conversation between Clippers owner Donald Sterling and his then-girlfriend V. Stiviano. If the original nine-minute tape acquired by TMZ left any questions about Sterling's opinions regarding minorities, the audio here should remove all doubt that he's a doddering racist with views not too far removed from the plantation.

You can find the new audio in the above video, which contains the transcript. (This version is also a little crisper than the original and has some extra background activity around the edges, which indicates that this was recorded in a house.) As with the original, we don't know if this has been edited in some way. The NBA is investigating. Thus far, Sterling's team has offered only a tepid response, lightly suggesting the possibility that the original audio had been doctored and pointing out that V. Stiviano had recently been sued by the Sterlings.

You can find the new audio in the above video, which contains the transcript. (This version is also a little crisper than the original and has some extra background activity around the edges, which indicates that this was recorded in a house.) As with the original, we don't know if this has been edited in some way. The NBA is investigating. Thus far, Sterling's team has offered only a tepid response, lightly suggesting the possibility that the original audio had been doctored and pointing out that V. Stiviano had recently been sued by the Sterlings.
    video - http://deadspin.com/exclusive-the-ex...ape-1568291249

For those who do not know, Stiviano is half black, half mexican

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

But the outrage over this is hilarious. This guy is a known racist. Multiple incidents have happened years before. But now Doc Rivers doesn't want to be his coach and now Magic Johnson doesn't want to go to games? It's disingenuous outrage. His racism is documented. Why now is it suddenly a deal breaker?
    That's kind of what I was thinking.

I also wonder if saying something racist is worse than torturing and killing dogs, or any other actual action. But I don't want people to think I'm downplaying the comments and claim I'm racist.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I wasn't even aware of this. But now that I am, this is a pretty good point. I would assume the outrage is greater now because this is the first incident in the Twitter era and now everyone knows about it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I wasn't even aware of this. But now that I am, this is a pretty good point. I would assume the outrage is greater now because this is the first incident in the Twitter era and now everyone knows about it?
    He's already been sued twice for discrimination. One was settled out of court in a case where the U.S. Government sued him for discrimination in a housing project he started. The other was Elgin Baylor, the former GM, who alleged the work environment there was discriminatory for 20 years. That suit was dismissed, but this is documented, and one of the situations is a player that I know Magic Johnson and Doc Rivers know.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He's already been sued twice for discrimination. One was settled out of court in a case where the U.S. Government sued him for discrimination in a housing project he started. The other was Elgin Baylor, the former GM, who alleged the work environment there was discriminatory for 20 years. That suit was dismissed, but this is documented, and one of the situations is a player that I know Magic Johnson and Doc Rivers know.
    Yes, but in those cases he has some sort of plausible deniability as there was no actual conviction or ruling against him. In this case, it appears to be outright proof of his racism.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yes, but in those cases he has some sort of plausible deniability as there was no actual conviction or ruling against him. In this case, it appears to be outright proof of his racism.
    We have no definitive proof here, either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

We have no definitive proof here, either.
    True, but this still appears to be something more tangible than a court case that didn't amount to any sort of ruling against him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

True, but this still appears to be something more tangible than a court case that didn't amount to any sort of ruling against him.
    Why?

We don't even have a court case here. We have an audio recording that TMZ tells us is him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Why?

We don't even have a court case here. We have an audio recording that TMZ tells us is him.
    I can't read Magic Johnson's mind, but I'm assuming he's simply operating under the assumption that it really was his voice. If you are operating under this assumption, then this tape is more tangible than either of those court cases.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I can't read Magic Johnson's mind, but I'm assuming he's simply operating under the assumption that it really was his voice. If you are operating under this assumption, then this tape is more tangible than either of those court cases.
    Court cases with testimony in front of a judge? I'm not saying he didn't do these things, but it's pretty much a stretch to me to say you didn't know he wasn't a racist if you even do an ounce of research on him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sterling's wife describes alleged mistress as gold digger in lawsuit

Donald Sterling’s wife of more than 50 years describes his alleged mistress as a gold digger who seduces older, wealthy men and persuades them to shower her with gifts, according to a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on March 7.

The Clippers team owner and a woman identified as V. Stiviano allegedly began an affair after meeting at the 2010 Super Bowl game and were still in the relationship as of the filing date, according to the lawsuit filed by Rochelle H. Sterling, who is described in the suit as "a married woman seeking to protect and recover community property in her individual capacity."

Rochelle Sterling alleges that her husband used community property to buy Stiviano a 2012 Ferrari, two Bentleys and a 2013 Range Rover, worth a total of more than $500,0000.

Sterling also allegedly gave Stiviano $1.8 million to buy a duplex on West 4th Street near the Beverly Center last December, according to the suit, which claims that Sterling additionally provided her with $240,000 for upkeep and living expenses.
    rest - http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...#axzz3062ETEIm

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Court cases with testimony in front of a judge? I'm not saying he didn't do these things, but it's pretty much a stretch to me to say you didn't know he wasn't a racist if you even do an ounce of research on him.
    Perhaps. Regardless, I don't think Magic Johnson is the one who should be being criticized here for being disingenuous about his outrage. Neither of us know how much he knew about Sterling or what is going through his head in this regard. Even if he is being disingenuous, it shouldn't take away from the story of what a scumbag Sterling is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/obama-r...-politics.html
    Obama: Reported comments by team owner 'racist'

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information