Thread: "Sinkhole" Corvettes

Default "Sinkhole" Corvettes

Several weeks ago, the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY lost a few expensive Corvettes to a sinkhole that imploded underneath the museum. Here are some before and after photos:

1962 Tuxedo Black Corvette

1984 PPG Pace Car

1992 "1 Millionth" Corvette

1993 ZR-1 Spyder

1993 40th Anniversary Ruby Red

2001 Mallett Hammer Z06

2009 ZR1 Blue Devil

2009 "1.5 Millionth" Corvette

2. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Is that 1984 one the year where they only have like three left?

That place was cool to tour, btw.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Is that 1984 one the year where they only have like three left?

That place was cool to tour, btw.
    I'm trying to find that fact. I don't see it anywhere. I was thinking I read the same thing though, shortly after it happened.

The wife and I toured it a couple years ago. Freaky to think that could have happened while we were there. Thankfully, it happened with no on there. There's way too many caves underneath Kentucky.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I'm trying to find that fact. I don't see it anywhere. I was thinking I read the same thing though, shortly after it happened.

The wife and I toured it a couple years ago. Freaky to think that could have happened while we were there. Thankfully, it happened with no on there. There's way too many caves underneath Kentucky.
    My trip to the Corvette factory can legally drink beer.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    My trip to the Corvette factory can legally drink beer.
    Wow.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

How does this sinkhole shit happen and where do I go to avoid any possibility of being victim to it? #iammoreimportantthancorvettes

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    How does this sinkhole shit happen and where do I go to avoid any possibility of being victim to it? #iammoreimportantthancorvettes
    From what I know, it's water causing erosion underneath the surface. This makes a big hole. Eventually, the land above it sinks and/or collapses.

There are many caves in Kentucky, so this is a problem. I think Florida had a massive sinkhole recently. It was under someone's house.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Investing money in a car is a sinkhole anyway

10. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information